Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Shadenuat

Arcane
It reinforces something I've long suspected about stronghold systems in RPG:

- What works is what BG2 did, where the "stronghold" is really just a frame for interesting choices
so you suspected it. hoped this secret would never come out in 21 years.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
But the audiences? That shit was hella awesome and really added flavour to the game. I loved it, even though I felt like my Neutral Evil kingdom was just about the most boring kingdom to run. The most boring version was still fun. It was just a good time to see all the different people who visited and deal with their dilemmas.
Some of the audience events were interesting and memorable, but my main problem with how they handled them is that most of them could (and should) have a deep impact on your kingdom and, instead, you just get a negligible bonus to your kingdom stats that bears no relevant gameplay effect.

I would have vastly preferred fewer events but with noticeable gameplay consequences, but I understand that would have required a lot more resources.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
I have a question. Im only 80 hours in, done Varnholdt's lot and now im in Troll Trouble for sure. I found some artifacts that have description that someone skilled could piece them together for me. It's dwarven helmet parts and something other , how i could find person skilled enough to forge something out of them? Just progress into main story or what?

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I have a question. Im only 80 hours in, done Varnholdt's lot and now im in Troll Trouble for sure. I found some artifacts that have description that someone skilled could piece them together for me. It's dwarven helmet parts and something other , how i could find person skilled enough to forge something out of them? Just progress into main story or what?
In your throne room there's an elf called "Storyteller", just talk to him once in a while and he will tell you if you have enough pieces to forge an item. He's just near the entrance.

Saravan

Savant
Lol apparently clerics are best class for necromancers. I need diamond dust and a lot of it to run the build. Meh.

Please do continue just writing random statements. Desiderius will soon OD on autism trying to correct you after he reads this.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
3rd place: NWN2 (and I didn't even like the game)
Which version? I found SoZ trade empire management more interesting than the money drain that the keep was in the original game...

The original keep. It has a lot of quests, and the decisions you make actually matter for the final battle. It's placed below the others because it has less contextual action going on.

Israfael

Arcane
and the decisions you make actually matter for the final battle
Are you sure? It's just basically amount of trash mobs you face (which are trivial anyway) as far as I remember. It'd be much interesting if it affected something amidgame, like death of the peasant girl or the invasion of the reavers (or whatever they were called)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
and the decisions you make actually matter for the final battle
Are you sure? It's just basically amount of trash mobs you face (which are trivial anyway) as far as I remember. It'd be much interesting if it affected something amidgame, like death of the peasant girl or the invasion of the reavers (or whatever they were called)

It's been very long since I played it (very, very long), but I distinctly remember it to be so. Jaedar can probably enlighten us, he has a weird hardon for the game

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
After the additions to the keep from White March, I found the stronghold in PoE decently developed. And certainly more better overall then in NWN2.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
After the additions to the keep from White March

How so? There is one contextual quest after White March. It is fairplay lengthy, yes, but there’s still very little interaction with the stronghold. It’s one of the few things White March did little to improve on.

the best thing about the stronghold is the wardens lodge and let’s be honest: that really has nothing to do with the keep.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The quest was pretty cool as far as I recall.
Warden's Lodge too, but I agree that would work regardless of the keep.
There are Endless Paths - which admittedly don't have to be connected to the keep - but are.
And there are also those quest events, which granted, are barebones, but can bring some neat stuff (think those were introduced in some patch).

Overall not that much to speak of I guess... but its not like in NWN2 there was that much more.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Can someone explain WTF is going on? First time i succeeded, but i reloaded game because i died[i play unfair solo] and now im hit with this shit. Is this a bug? Do i need at least +1 skill in diplomacy? Does it work with 0 diplomacy only if i roll 20?

fJhljKC.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom