Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Herethos

Literate
Stuck at the lizardfolk village. I talked to the boy, exhausted all options, he had the king run in and there's no new options. Went and talked to everyone on the map and nothing. What am I supposed to do?

if you have successfully healed, "calmed" and told the farmer lizard to think for itself, and talked to the boy/spirit you should be able to go to Kagara? The lizard outside to get him to reveal the spirit.

Otherwise you have to purchase and use a glitterdust scroll or spell during conversation with the boy to reveal the spirit. Theres also an arcane and religious check to do." The spirit feeds on doubt, fear and the boy will die if there is still something for it to feed on when you defeat the spirit.

jf8350143

Liturgist
Since some of the companion's stats are story related(that 15 char) I doubt you should be able to make it yourself from the story telling perspective.

One way to solve this is giving them a base stats, with only a few extra points for you to put into wherever you want.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Since some of the companion's stats are story related(that 15 char) I doubt you should be able to make it yourself from the story telling perspective.

One way to solve this is giving them a base stats, with only a few extra points for you to put into wherever you want.

They are so badly made. Bad stats.

I made custom tank - he has 6 or 7 more AC than storyline tank..

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
It's not about dilly-dallying. If you go to the Old Sycamore Tree caves first, you'll be informed that anything could've been going on at the temple by now, even if you do it as fast as humanly possible. Some things are simply scripted (in a, I think, reasonable fashion, albeit understandably frustrating sometimes).

The same happens if you're following up on the bandits but go the Ancient Tomb before going to the Thorn Ford. Interestingly, if you go to the Thorn Ford first and then go to the Ancient Temple, you'll get the popup that the bandits probably has gone away by now, but it's not relevant anymore, because you've already talked to them. I think.

Nah if you go to the thorn ford first you get a pop up that says tartuccio probably left the tomb by now, and when you go there he's not there and his mercs immediately attack you
Odd, because that definitely did not happen to me. I went tk Thorn Ford first, resolved it peacefully, then went to the Ancient Tomb, met Tardtuccio, got the update about bandits possibly having left, and then it resolved as if I'd gone to the tomb straight away.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also making custom characters make me realise how sh1tty premade ones.

I made celestial cleric, he can heal 10 times more than dwarf cleric you find in prologue.\

Calming touch 8 uses, healing burst 8 uses - thats not touching spell pool...

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Something with ranged sneak attacks - sometimes i get them, sometimes i dont. Cant figure what is problem.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Harrim is not a healer cleric (although he can do it easily with Phylactery of Channeling & Extra Channeling feat, just switch for +WIS band when in combat).

He is set up for Spell Focus > Necromancy. Basically treat him as a heavy armored dorf-lich sucking fey dry with dorf-touch.

And Shake Shake Shake. His Bone Shaking/Shattering spells are same as arcane necromancers use for damage.

You can even cast improved invisibility on him, buff all to-hits and do suprise dorf lich negative energy buttsecks.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Abilities really should show their casting time on the information. I have to go look up the pathfinder wiki to figure out if something is swift, standard, etc.,

panda

Savant

I made celestial cleric, he can heal 10 times more than dwarf cleric you find in prologue.\

Harrim is sort of offensive cleric though, so that is like comaring oranges vs potatoes.

They are so badly made. Bad stats.

I made custom tank - he has 6 or 7 more AC than storyline tank..
I only played BG/IWD/ToEE when it comes do D&D and i realize that my knowledge maybe lacking.
So, can you share please?
I'd really like to see a lvl2 character with 6-7 more AC than a fighter in full plate armor with a fucking tower shield.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
(But then, shields for anyone planning on attacking as their main combat action is typically a bad idea)

Codex Year of the Donut
Stuck at the lizardfolk village. I talked to the boy, exhausted all options, he had the king run in and there's no new options. Went and talked to everyone on the map and nothing. What am I supposed to do?

if you have successfully healed, "calmed" and told the farmer lizard to think for itself, and talked to the boy/spirit you should be able to go to Kagara? The lizard outside to get him to reveal the spirit.

Otherwise you have to purchase and use a glitterdust scroll or spell during conversation with the boy to reveal the spirit. Theres also an arcane and religious check to do." The spirit feeds on doubt, fear and the boy will die if there is still something for it to feed on when you defeat the spirit.
thanks, but I figured it out already
I was able to get that far without going to the tower first. Doubt the game intended me to go to the lizard village before the tower.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Valerie's kit cancels out bab penalty for shield.

Also you can create a dual-wielding weapon+shield shield basher.

Probably not too effective but fun.

Cael

Arcane

In PnP, we went the other way: Greatsword dual-wielded with armour spikes. Not only do we have a big fuck-off sword as the main attack with all the attendant Power Attack shenannigans, we get a light weapon as the off-hand. And then some loon topped that off with an animated shield... Bastard.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Anyone rolled a druid? not sure which animal companion to take.

Smilodon for 5 attacks at level 1
I dunno, I think Wolf is pretty interesting, especially on Hard+ where it's important to debuff enemies. Since companion grows to larger size as you level up, and Animal Growth doubles on that, you could probably stunlock-trip dragons lol.

Since poison is quite powerful in this game, going Nausicaa might also be fun with a giant centipede.

PrettyDeadman

Pretty powerful accorind to Pope Amole II (if you have sneak attacks):

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik

Harrim is sort of offensive cleric though, so that is like comaring oranges vs potatoes.

I didnt find any offensive qualities of him. He cant take damage, he cant do damage.

By the way, same story with undead elf. Crap tank, crap dps, crap healer.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I can't continue. My kingdom gets destroyed if I rest.
People on steam forums are saying that turning kingdom management to auto will prevent the game from ending. But once turned on, auto kingdom management can't be turned off.
For those that don't believe me. This is a SUCCESSFUL event. It really is the shit "you lose" type.
Sc6yGTM.jpg

(stats are cheated to survive the Troll Rampage event)

Elex

Arbiter
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand I can't continue. My kingdom gets destroyed if I rest.
People on steam forums are saying that turning kingdom management to auto will prevent the game from ending. But once turned on, auto kingdom management can't be turned off.
For those that don't believe me. This is a SUCCESSFUL event. It really is the shit "you lose" type.
Sc6yGTM.jpg

(stats are cheated to survive the Troll Rampage event)
i guess is something like "a troll rampange can't be a positive thing" so a success mean minimize the damage, you stopped the trolls army after 3 villages are destroyed and razed instead of 10 villages.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It does not matter. -15 to Stability is instant death for a starting kingdom in the troll act.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom