Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
The bugs are really starting to show in chapter two, so many gamebreaking bugs, save game issues, gamebreaking quests, can't hire mercenaries, the performance got worse, skills that don't work, feats don't work, UI bugs. I'm sick of this trend, I'm not a beta tester you fucking inbreeds, the negative reviews are spot on, don't release a game in this state and expect to get a friendly hug.:argh:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
Just want to say that my great-weapon fighter has wrecked everything so far

Probably the most OP non-caster build in all 3.x editions.

It is perfectly alright on normal, but requires knowledge of the system.

My issue is math. There's only so much "knowledge" is going to help you.

The kobolds hit me 60% of the time, I hit them 40% of the time. They drop my guys in 2-3 hits, they take 3-4 (though Amiri does twice as much damage as everyone else). There are 6 of them for 4 of my fighters. How does this work out? There are 6 incoming attacks vs my 4, 3-4 of theirs will hit and drop one of my team, whereas I have to get lucky and have all mine hit to drop one of theirs. If they drop one of my guys in the first round, the fight snowballs into a loss, while they can lose 2-3 guys and still win. Meanwhile there is a cleric spamming holds and AoE damage. What brilliant tactics am I supposed to use for this fight?

I can cast shield of faith on a couple guys, lowing the enemy hit rate to 50%, and use bless + bard song to get my own attacks up to 55%, while trying to incapacitate an enemy with hideous laughter. That helps. I can flank and try to focus-fire, but that's tricky since the battles are such a clusterfuck. I can try to interrupt the enemy spell caster but that is also luck. I can try to draw foes away and fight them separately, which requires both luck and is a cheese move. Even if I win, I'm out of spells and I'm going to need them for the next 5 fights, so I'll have to rest while I save and reload any random encounters. So fun!

Tactics can only help so much.

*edit* spelling

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Just want to say that my great-weapon fighter has wrecked everything so far

Probably the most OP non-caster build in all 3.x editions.

It is perfectly alright on normal, but requires knowledge of the system.

My issue is math. There's almost so much "knowledge" is going to help you.

The kobolds hit me 60% of the time, I hit them 40% of the time. They drop my guys in 2-3 hits, they take 3-4 (though Amiri does twice as much damage as everyone else). There are 6 of them for 4 of my fighters. How does this work out? There are 6 incoming attacks vs my 4, 3-4 of theirs will hit and drop one of my team, whereas I have to get lucky and have all mine hit to drop one of theirs. If they drop one of my guys in the first round, the fight snowballs into a loss, while they can lose 2-3 guys and still win. Meanwhile there is a cleric spamming holds and AoE damage. What brilliant tactics am I supposed to use for this fight?

I can cast shield of faith on a couple guys, lowing the enemy hit rate to 50%, and use bless + bard song to get my own attacks up to 55%, while trying to incapacitate an enemy with hideous laughter. That helps. I can flank and try to focus-fire, but that's tricky since the battles are such a clusterfuck. I can try to interrupt the enemy spell caster but that is also luck. I can try to draw foes away and fight them separately, which requires both luck and is a cheese move. Even if I win, I'm out of spells and I'm going to need them for the next 5 fights, so I'll have to rest while I save and reload any random encounters. So fun!

Tactics can only help so much.
savescum
welcome to RNG hell, people actually enjoy this crap.

Efe

Erudite
don't go when nymph calls you to verdant chambers.
it looks like there a bug with spell failure that triggers on going there... can't even drink potions without fail

panda

Savant
The kobolds hit me 60% of the time, I hit them 40% of the time.

savescum
Guys, i know i may sound absolutely insane but maybe, just maybe you shouldn't fucking attack kobold town/kingdom/whatever with 5 lvl2 chatacters when there is peaceful option given and game subtly hints you that?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've been searching for custom portraits and let me tell you, there's a lot of retarded art for Pathfinder. The art direction they chose for this game blows the regular Paizo art out of the water.
What kind of character concept do you have? I have a pretty big library of fantasy art that can potentially work for portraits, maybe I can find you something good.
Anything aasimar, preferably *priestly* aasimar that would fit the art style of the game and not be wildly different from the paper dolls/avatars? It's a long-ass shot, but the two aasimar portraits in the game are both horrible.

The portraits are really, really top-notch, but there's waaaaay too few of them.
Almost all of the Aasimar I could find were really over the top and/or anime - looking. Huge plate armors, light shining behind them, big angel wings... Why not modify your preferred human cleric portrait to look Aasimar by changing the eyes and hair?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The kobolds hit me 60% of the time, I hit them 40% of the time.

savescum
Guys, i know i may sound absolutely insane but maybe, just maybe you shouldn't fucking attack kobold town/kingdom/whatever with 5 lvl2 chatacters when there are peaceful option given and game subtly hints you that?

Hey now, remember those Svarts in BG? It's tradition to slaughter a tribe of innocent pygmies or two in CRPGs.

Jezal_k23

Damn, that stuff about the bugs means it might be wise for me to drop the game for now and return in a few months. Looks like it's just not in a playable state right now past chapter 1.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The bugs are really starting to show in chapter two, so many gamebreaking bugs, save game issues, gamebreaking quests, can't hire mercenaries, the performance got worse, skills that don't work, feats don't work, UI bugs. I'm sick of this trend, I'm not a beta tester you fucking inbreeds, the negative reviews are spot on, don't release a game in this state and expect to get a friendly hug.:argh:
Again....go and shoot some cumans in the head with a bow!

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Also I'm a little bit disappointed that the game doesn't recognize class/race choices. Met the aasimar woman at my capital and got no reaction for being one myself. That's a small complaint though.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way is crafting and general potion making implemented into the game? Not even sure if it exists in Pathfinder.
To my knowledge it exists in Pathfinder but I haven't seen a trace of a crafting feat so far in the game.

Yeah it does (in the base game), it's the same as 3.5 more or less. Crafting skill and feats for doing wondrous items.

Unfortunately, they cut that out of the game.
Not sure about "unfortunately". On one hand it can be a cool feature but on the other hand you risk making it unbalanced and looting less interesting. It's tricky.

It's risky in PF as you can ultimately lose the item and materials if you screw up the crafting process too many times.

On the other hand, it can save you 50% of the cost.

Edit: People asking about DR. The thing after the slash is what they're vulnerable to.

DR 5/slashing - this would mean resistant to weapon attacks that aren't slashing.

Codex Year of the Donut
This game really need a speed up button!!! Thank god for the codex and the option to read something while my great party walks...
One thing I absolutely do wish they would add is some way to speed up time when walking around. Lots of the areas are very large, and since you can't just exit from anywhere you have to walk all the way back out of the labyrinth again. It's a waste of time, and doesn't really accomplish anything but annoy people.
install cheat engine
edit->settings->hotkeys
bind 'Speedhack speed 1' and 'Speedhack speed 2', make sure #1 is set a 1.00 and #2 is set at something like 2.00 or 3.00(I personally use 3, normal/fast(2.0)/very fast(5.0))

I can't play games without it anymore, too much pointless walking

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
This game really need a speed up button!!! Thank god for the codex and the option to read something while my great party walks...
One thing I absolutely do wish they would add is some way to speed up time when walking around. Lots of the areas are very large, and since you can't just exit from anywhere you have to walk all the way back out of the labyrinth again. It's a waste of time, and doesn't really accomplish anything but annoy people.
install cheat engine
edit->settings->hotkeys
bind 'Speedhack speed 1' and 'Speedhack speed 2', make sure #1 is set a 1.00 and #2 is set at something like 2.00 or 3.00(I personally use 3, normal/fast(2.0)/very fast(5.0))

I can't play games without it anymore, too much pointless walking
:negative::negative::negative:
Why didn't i know this....
Thanks mate :salute:.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Also fuck that dwarf emo retard!!!!

Just finished clearing the dwarfen ruins from trolls and kobalts. Just saw a shiny magical anvil that will be a great boon to my kingdom. Then the stupid butthurt retarded dwarf just destroys it because it make him feel sad and butthurt. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I STRANGLE HIM ON THE SPOT?!?!?!?!

Anyone find a way to save it???

ArchAngel

Arcane

Just finished clearing the dwarfen ruins from trolls and kobalts. Just saw a shiny magical anvil that will be a great boon to my kingdom. Then the stupid butthurt retarded dwarf just destroys it because it make him feel sad and butthurt. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I STRANGLE HIM ON THE SPOT?!?!?!?!

Yea, get rid of that dwarf and replace him with a dwarf cleric mercenary :D

Xeon

Augur
Some of the old games had it if a companion was too far away, he doesn't have interaction in conversation or an event or something, that doesn't happen here?

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Guys, i know i may sound absolutely insane but maybe, just maybe you shouldn't fucking attack kobold town/kingdom/whatever with 5 lvl2 chatacters when there is peaceful option given and game subtly hints you that?

The options for me were:
-Attack Mites
-Attack kobolds
-(Neutral not allowed b/c alignment, fuck you)
-[Lawful Good] Attack everyone.

I went with the "good" option of attack everyone, then let them fight each other. It worked until I got into the caves and they were all in separate groups. So no, there was no full peace option available.

In any case, the game threw so many random encounters at me when I tried to rest it put me up to level 3, so maybe I will have more luck when I play again tonight. I am aware that this appears to be a side/optional quest (chase the rival), but it seemed like it wouldn't be available if I headed straight for the bandits, so I'm doing the sidequest. Yay completionism.

Making enemies extremely hard and then expecting the player to deal with them non-violently is rather cheap when they are enemies the player would nominally think are easy, like kobolds. If there had been a bunch of ogres and trolls fighting, I would have run the hell away.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane

Wow, that settles that. I'm going to cheat my way to a full party, fuck this crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom