Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pre-DLC Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Kingdom management is pissing me off. Forget that I am 80 hours in and my BP per week is 39 forcing me to sell everything to buy BP (probably already spent 300K or something)... every event ends in a Disaster or a Failure and I have it on easy. Seriously considering turning it on auto.

Have you done the Ancient Curse quests?

You mean the baldtop hill one?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't get how people can fail quests due time, the time limits I've seen so far (Just got to the Varnhold) has been very generous so far. I wonder if that changes in the later chapters.

I agree however the game is not without fault: if you use 2 weeks to upgrade town/2 weeks to explore cycle then you are in the clear. If not, opportunities and quests will pile on uncontrollably.

Another unspoken rule is: Don't go crazy exploring land which doesn't belong to your barony because you might miss opportunities and shit.

This is my quest log in chapter 2.
D3AF07BAFDA520F2D8CB1FE60E9437AC1C8CA627

I've done almost everything from chapter 2 including Candlemere.

492860C3A05F6785E1975C5DEF9C1D2CBB058DE8

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Kingdom management is pissing me off. Forget that I am 80 hours in and my BP per week is 39 forcing me to sell everything to buy BP (probably already spent 300K or something)... every event ends in a Disaster or a Failure and I have it on easy. Seriously considering turning it on auto.

Yes. That quest is a pain in the ass because when activated you need to do it asap otherwise you will lose like 5 stats per day or each 2 days (or something like that). That's like 5 x 7 = 35 stats lost because of one quest.

Also it doesn't activate when it says in the journal. It activates with 2 or more weeks before that date therefore you are fucked if you ignore it.

The game does provide this information but I think most people think that it's only a regular quest.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Yes. That quest is a pain in the ass because when activated you need to do it asap otherwise you will lose like 5 stats per day or something like that.

Also it doesn't activate when it says in the journal. It activates with 2 or more weeks before that date therefore you are fucked if you ignore it.

The game does provide this information but I think most people think that it's only a regular quest.

I did it..thrice so far! Unfortunately, that's not the reason I suck at king management.

But I have the nok-nok's Giant making me lose stats everyday and I don't know how to stop it, so any help is appreciated. Inb4 its bugged and I have to reload a save of five days ago.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Yes. That quest is a pain in the ass because when activated you need to do it asap otherwise you will lose like 5 stats per day or something like that.

I did it..thrice so far! Unfortunately, that's not the reason I suck at king management.

Ok. My bad. You are clearly much further than me.

Probably your advisors are a bunch of unrepentant faggots which cannot handle the real world.

hell bovine

Arcane
Think I will reroll as a druid. I was expecting a lot out of the bajillion uses of extended (and augmented and superior) monster summoning but it's value is way toned down due to the summons not being under your control. Can't use them to scout, or set off traps, or interupt ranged enemies, or trip or grapple dog pile shit. Can't even use it multiple times to summon a proper horde or pick various elements or anything.
They are slow going at low levels, though, and low level is what you'll be for the entirety of chapter one. The problem with the early druidic disabling spells is that you need freedom of movement to counter them, and you don't get that. I don't even know what the featherstep spell is supposed to do, because it certainly doesn't protect from the rock spell terrain, for example. Whereas a sorcerer gets color spray, which just knocks out enemies and where the only downside is the small cone range.

I you want something beefier with casting & animal companion, you could try the sacred huntsmaster as an archer with a pet, I guess. There are no strong archers in ch. 1 unless you make one, so that's filling two vacancies at the same time. Or a melee barbarian with a tripping pet.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
Two things:
1. I just tried the Javelin I found. It works with shield in other hand and it has an animation and all... this game will need an Enhanced Edition before it is finished...
2. I managed to critically fail an Opportunity and got penalties for my Barony... whoever said you cannot get penalties from failing Opportunity was wrong :)

1 - I gave the javelin to amiri; not impressed so far.
2 - Yeah, if you get a Disaster (and I get those a lot) you get penalties even from that.

Also, anyone know how to deal with the Giant of nok-nok quest? He's ravaging my lands since time immemorial... I assigned Kessen (warden) twice and the guards didn't find him, I assigned Amiri (general) and same outcome... what have I to do?

You need to succeed at the quest like five times, it was so retarded I shamelessly savescummed through that.

Syme

Arbiter
I wish mages felt like in bg2 though, here they are just support chars, buffing and debuffing :(
Why, can't you - once you hit level 5 - start fireballing everything in sight if you are inclined to do so? You might not be able to obliterate everything as easily as in BG2 but let's be honest, BG2 except for a few encounters, was an easy game. And remember, you started the game in BG2 already at level ~7 iirc. In BG1 mages supposedly died when a kobold farted in their direction, compare P:K at low levels with that.

When D&D transitioned from 2nd to 3rd editions, HPs basically doubled. Dealing direct damage as a wizard post 2nd edition is a very sub-optimal strategy. Saving throws were also changed, and feats granting significant advantages to avoid spell effects (evasion, slippery mind, etc.) took a lot of wind of the wizard's sails. IMO, the 2nd edition mixture of spells was also a bit kinder to mages. We no longer get Horror as a Level 2 spell, for example. Many defensive spells also got majorly nerfed between 2nd and 3rd.

Quite true, and then HP increased again with the jump to Pathfinder. Wizards/Sorcs now use D6s instead of D4s for hitpoints, Rogues/Bards D8s instead of D6s, Rangers D10s instead of D8s. Then you also get the option of +1 hitpoint per level in your favored class (which is not in the game afaik). Then there's the Toughness feat that now gives +1HP/lvl instead of a flat +3HP. Finally you have to account for +2 to any stat for Humans (among others) which can lead to more points available to put into constitution.

Some Monsters got the same (or even better) treatment, with Monstrous Humanoids and Outsiders seeing an increase from D8 to D10. Undead dropped down to D8 but get their charisma added to hit points (basically free unholy toughness for everyone) which leads to more HP in nearly all cases. Furthermore a couple of monsters simply got additional hit die or constitution points added on top of everything else without changing their CR, plus the change to the Toughness feat is particularly noteworthy since it's a popular choice for many creatures. All in all the biggest "offenders" are high level Outsiders that often benefit from all of the above, but the single biggest asshole is probably the CR10 Rakshasa that went from 52 to 112 hit points because fuck you, that's just what they needed on top of 25 spell resistance and their moronic 15/good and piercing damage reduction.

Cael

Arcane
What happens if you try to romance multiple chicks? Need a serious answer.
You turn into a muslim or a Mormon, depending on your class. Grenadiers, for example, become muslims.
I'm asking this question for the third time and every time some Seth Rogen type dumbass chimes in with his inane dumb shit.

I need a serious answer, please. Somebody.
Son, if you don't have a sense of humour, this game will... bug you to death.

Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

Incendax

Augur
Really? I saw some Twitch stream of a guy with a "Defender of true world" perma morphed in a shambling mound and he stomped everything? I wanted to try that for my next build!
Combat druids are fun. Better than Caster druids in my opinion.

One of my playthroughs is a druid with 20/7/14/14/14/7. It's actually hilarious.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, anyone know how to deal with the Giant of nok-nok quest? He's ravaging my lands since time immemorial... I assigned Kessen (warden) twice and the guards didn't find him, I assigned Amiri (general) and same outcome... what have I to do?

Have heard some giant is bugged, maybe that, and you should kill him immediately otherwise he will ruin your lands alone.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
But I have the nok-nok's Giant making me lose stats everyday and I don't know how to stop it, so any help is appreciated. Inb4 its bugged and I have to reload a save of five days ago.

Nok-Nok is a retard and he sends goblins and the giant to your town but there is a quest to make him go away or even kill him.

I managed to make him leave in my first run. So, it might be possible. Check you opportunities and stuff.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Two-handed damage at lvl 8.

I want more :)

878221889B95ABA5BF9C3FFF08844369848ADA8B

Edit: The game is throwing two-handed battle axes and maces and shit at me but NO! I will keep myself clean and ready for a proper GreatSword!!! :)

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
Does Pathfinder not have the Blade variant of Bards or is it just missing from this game in particular?

Jinn

Arcane
Does Pathfinder not have the Blade variant of Bards or is it just missing from this game in particular?

"Dervish of Dawn" seems to be close to that, but yeah, only 3 special archetypes made it in. Looks like there are 20 or so in the source material, so I don't blame them for narrowing it down a bit.

Closest thing you'll find is probably the Archaeologist. I'm playing as a Thundercaller and enjoying it a lot. Mainly just play bard on my first playthrough of CRPGs for diplomacy options.

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me the adviser I'm supposed to avoid that will break your game after 40 hours of play?

Last edited:

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
I don't get how people can fail quests due time, the time limits I've seen so far (Just got to the Varnhold) has been very generous so far. I wonder if that changes in the later chapters.
that barbarian got a bastard sword, not a great one
Do you mean Amiri?
The +infinity Greatsword is obtained from
killing Dugath

EDIT: Also, can anyone tell me the adviser I'm supposed to avoid that will break your game after 40 hours of play?
It's
Lander
but that is supposed to be fixed now.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
that barbarian got a bastard sword, not a great one
Do you mean Amiri?
The +infinity Greatsword is obtained from
killing Dugath

It's
Lander
but that is supposed to be fixed now.

Well, fuck.

I don't want to kill Dugath ... except if I cannot avoid it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
About Act 4:
I finally got the letter to go visit Varnhold and find out where is everyone. But the timer on Curse is 33 days. Should I wait for curse to activate first and then go do Varnhold? I am afraid if I go for Varnhold first that I might get back after Curse has already did lots of bad things to my Barony, last time it did damage like every 2 days

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
About Act 4:
I finally got the letter to go visit Varnhold and find out where is everyone. But the timer on Curse is 33 days. Should I wait for curse to activate first and then go do Varnhold? I am afraid if I go for Varnhold that I might get back after Curse has already did shit to my Barony, last time it did damage like every 2 days
You should
handle the curse. You'll get an event card telling you when you have 2 months left before "a spell blankets the land," and another card when you have only 1 month left. You could go check out Varnhold and do a couple things first, just don't finish Dugath's quest until the curse is handled.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom