Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Ikd if someone know already but what's prediction for the system requirements gonna be for this?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
How beneficial is merging spell books?
Full arcane and divine casters will get Mythic path spells early in comparison to other hybrid classes, downside is you have to share slots for your current spell book.
Also CL is calculated differently so I believe that your CL for your Mythic spells will usually (always?) be higher with a merged spellbook.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Ikd if someone know already but what's prediction for the system requirements gonna be for this?

You won't have much problem if you can play the first game well enough. IMHO
Graphics are really upgraded though, maps are bigger and much more detailed. Armors and weapons as such.
Maybe new shiny spell effects and burning places can cause problems for low end machines but that's it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The bleaching sounds pretty lame,all people in that world die eventually. So what is the big deal? It is not like the retarded gnomes get crippled with it like humans do with ageing. They also live like 500-1000 years lol. What a bunch of retards.

Delterius

Arcane
D&D/Forgotten Realms/Golarion settings do have this insane time perspective where the average age is 200 years old and the average state is 10,000 years old. I mean, its no wonder the gnomes are all dying of boredom when the world's equivalent to 'Ancient Egypt' is still around after 10 million years.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
It is not like the retarded gnomes get crippled with it like humans do with ageing.
Yeah they do, they go senile and sperg out before they die.
Unless they manage to become a Bleachling in which case they still get to be immortal, but most gnomes are too dumb do that.
upload_2020-10-7_10-23-24.png

BarbequeMasta

Learned
Tbh Harrim makes a really good point about the bleaching by pure chance in KM, it's the perfect form of a lengthy life, you see all the fun and interesting things you want and when life gets boring you kick the bucket, even Jub was left thinking when he heard that.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Is Mystic Theurge finally useful without mods in the sequel?

Also, what is the default "go-to" class for the Trickster Path? Bard/Skald?

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

Mystic Theurge as a main character would be better in Wrath of the Righteous if you play an Arcane caster with a Mythic path that gets Divine spells (like a Sorcerer on the Angel path) or vice versa (like a Cleric on the Lich path) because you can hit the prerequisites for MT without having to multiclass beforehand, so your primary type of casting won't get gimped.
For Trickster, Bard or Skald would work. So would Sylvan Sorc, which is what I did (really anything with a Fey bloodline). I'm going Skald Azata right now and it's fun so far, although it restricts your companions somewhat since you want to a melee-heavy/caster-light party when you make everyone Rage.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

Mystic Theurge as a main character would be better in Wrath of the Righteous if you play an Arcane caster with a Mythic path that gets Divine spells (like a Sorcerer on the Angel path) or vice versa (like a Cleric on the Lich path) because you can hit the prerequisites for MT without having to multiclass beforehand, so your primary type of casting won't get gimped.
For Trickster, Bard or Skald would work. So would Sylvan Sorc, which is what I did (really anything with a Fey bloodline). I'm going Skald Azata right now and it's fun so far, although it restricts your companions somewhat since you want to a melee-heavy/caster-light party when you make everyone Rage.

I say Bard/Skald, since a lot of the Mythic Feats for a Trickster seem to operate under the impression that your character is a skill monkey, whilst also being able to cast spells. So this basically leaves only Bards/Skalds, since Magus' aren't skill monkeys, and pure arcane/divine casters even less so.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron

I say Bard/Skald, since a lot of the Mythic Feats for a Trickster seem to operate under the impression that your character is a skill monkey, whilst also being able to cast spells. So this basically leaves only Bards/Skalds, since Magus' aren't skill monkeys, and pure arcane/divine casters even less so.
Yes, Bard or Skald would be the natural choice. Or Eldritch Scoundrel, or AT. But any character can have at least a couple of skills they're good at.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum

You have no idea the hoops you have to jump through in Kingmaker to make Mystic Theurge viable.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
You have no idea the hoops you have to jump through in Kingmaker to make Mystic Theurge viable.
There are no hoops for Mystic Theurge on Challenging. And even camping means lots of hoops on Unfair.

So you statement is not about the class, but about the difficulty.

The class doesn't even have its most unique feature - Spell Synergy - without being modded. Also taking it without the Magical Knack Trait (which are also modded in) means you are always several caster levels below everyone else.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Please. Arcane Trickster.

Vatnik Wumao
I kinda don't like the mythic paths assuming a character type. That defeats the purpose, no?
Most of them are tied to certain planes (which are in turn defined by alignment), so it's to be expected. You can always stick to the hero path if the others feel too constrictive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom