Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

toroks

Educated
I was hoping for bard and sorcerer companions, so I could play my dream team of spontaneous casters - Oracle + Sorcerer + bard ^^
Doesn't look like I get them all three... :)

The succubus is a ranger, isn't she?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Also what the actual fuck on male romance options ? Who got the idea for bugfucking ?

I'm kind of into it. She's no queen galfrey but if the queen is similar to nyrissa's romance in that you have to do a ton of meta gaming to succeed at it, I might go bug lady first play through. Whats the point of a fantasy game with romances if you're only going to go after the most vanilla option anyways? I leave video game romances for queens, bug ladies, and crazy psycho killers. Anything else and I could just go find some real women that's willing to put up with me. I'm going to be a rat or cat pc anyways, so is it so strange or gross to fall in love with a bug lady anyways?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Kittens love to catch bugs...

Also, why are they badmouthing poor vegetarian locusts when there are actual predator swarm insects like legionary ants?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Ratfolk on bug lady action. When this game was announced, I didn't ever suspect we'll eventually get here.

Serpent in the Staglands Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Supposedly one of them is Sosiel Vaenic (Cleric). But I can't seem to find something about him being a companion except on that 1 thread in Owlcat forum. I am not sure if he is in Alpha or not as I am early in the Alpha.
Sosiel is in the alpha. I didn't really use him because I was using Daeran and they are both specced out to be healbots, though Sosiel seems like he can probably hang out on the front line (starts with 16 str).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The succubus is a ranger, isn't she?
Yes, with a custom petless archetype IIRC.

My MC is Espionage Expert (wonder if that’s her archetype). Hunter’s Bond very solid with Favored Enemy Outsider (not to mention Great Cleave + Favored Enemy Outsider). Only stupid thing is you get free Ranks of Stealth but they left out Camouflage. I’m there for the free ranks of Perception/Bluff.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
~*´¨¯¨`*·~-.¸-AIN'T, how is the quest to become a Lich? Can you be a lich sorcerer?
As far as I know, any class can become any of the mythic classes. The only limitations are alignment and whether or not you actually did the quests.

The lich quest is ok, seems like it would definitely be possible to miss if you aren't a completionist.

Basically, if you explore this one dungeon you find a wand. If you do the evil option and let the wand kill all the undead around you, then later when you find this old crusader lich at another location he says he can turn you into a lich. Then nothing happens for awhile until you get to a certain part of a siege at which point you get to pick your actual mythic class. This is actually mythic hero level 3, the first two levels don't have you in a specific mythic class.
So a lich paladin is possible? (I hope fallen paladin)

It's a shame they are just going Lich and not making the Graveknight a possibility. It's basically the martial version of a Lich.

Also perfect for either an evilly inclined fallen paladin or an anti-paladin.

Xamenos

Magister
Patron
My MC is Espionage Expert (wonder if that’s her archetype). Hunter’s Bond very solid with Favored Enemy Outsider (not to mention Great Cleave + Favored Enemy Outsider). Only stupid thing is you get free Ranks of Stealth but they left out Camouflage. I’m there for the free ranks of Perception/Bluff.
She's a Master Spy in tabletop, so it fits.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Supposedly one of them is Sosiel Vaenic (Cleric). But I can't seem to find something about him being a companion except on that 1 thread in Owlcat forum. I am not sure if he is in Alpha or not as I am early in the Alpha.
Sosiel is in the alpha. I didn't really use him because I was using Daeran and they are both specced out to be healbots, though Sosiel seems like he can probably hang out on the front line (starts with 16 str).

So that locks only 1 companion left, which is most likely the Bug Mongrel Lady.

It interesting that 1 of them are optional/replacement instead of full fledged 11 companions based on that leak. Maybe there will be way to get her and Lann both? I wish we could play the alpha from Level 1 instead being dropped in middle like right now,

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I could just go find some real women
:nocountryforshitposters:
I've seen some of the ugliest dumbest people find love and get married. It's not even that hard as long as you set realistic standards. Am I going to get a queen galfrey In real life? No way. But can I find some random Lady that works in sales and is willing to put up with me? Absolutely. I'm stable and can provide a stable life style. What more would a women want?

InternalRevenue

Educated
Looks like the Oracle is supposed to be xbowing (you find busted Oracle specific xbow around same time you meet him, and he has 7 STR), but starts out without any ranged feats. He does have the skills to make in-combat healing viable for a change and you may need it with all the mass battles. Staggered first round means casting, then shooting after.
7 STR, so this oracle can't even make use of his medium armor and shield proficiencies...?
Is there at least an in-game explanation and acknowledgement of such a low strength score? Such as being thin as a rail with noodle arms and taking shit from the others for being such a remarkable weakling? Pet peeve of mine when unusually high or low stats (like Valerie's absurd superhuman constitution score) aren't acknowledged or explored at all in the story and dialogues.

Desiderius

Patron
Anything else and I could just go find some real women that's willing to put up with me

Real life woman are expensive. Doesn't matter if you pay directly or not.

Attempting to buck the Natural Order is indeed expensive, if unsurprising from an aspiring Necromancer.

The male of the species is properly the prize, not the hunter. If one plays that role well it can be quite the money-making proposition.

Desiderius

Patron
7 STR, so this oracle can't even make use of his medium armor and shield proficiencies...
Is there at least an in-game explanation and acknowledgement of such a low strength score? Such as being thin as a rail with noodle arms and taking shit from the others for being such a remarkable weakling? Pet peeve of mine when unusually high or low stats (like Valerie's absurd superhuman constitution score) aren't acknowledged or explored at all in the story and dialogues.

One imagines Prince Hal couldn’t fight his way out of a paper bag when he was running around with Falstaff, and yet King Henry was not one to be trifled with on the battlefield.

Nothing stopping you from getting his base STR up to 10 by lvl 12 and letting various spells and items do the rest. I mean he starts out with 20 CHR so not like he needs more help there unless you’re making him a pure caster in which case what do you need the armor and shield for?

Many such cases.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
constitution score

Superhuman score is score above 20...

Absolutely. I'm stable and can provide a stable life style. What more would a women want?

Depends where you life and what is "high standards" for you. My standards
  • Needs to be beautiful(not need to be a supermodel, the average white woman is very attractive to me but i life in a white minority country)
  • Not being a feminist. Seriously.
  • not having another's man child
I an single since jun - 2018. For Hookup, i an even less demanding. I can spend a night with a woman with a another's man child or a feminist(not crazy feminist) or a bellow average female. But i will not do much effort

Attempting to buck the Natural Order is indeed expensive, if unsurprising from an aspiring Necromancer.

The male of the species is properly the prize, not the hunter. If one plays that role well it can be quite the money-making proposition.

The natural order sucks. One question. When you desire to eat meal, you >
  • A ) Go to a country where hunting is legal(if is not on your), rent a .45-70 rifle, go hunt a boar, etc
  • B ) Pay for meal in a store
The "A" would be the more natural order like. "B" is the less natural way to obtain meal.

toroks

Educated
Looks like the Oracle is supposed to be xbowing (you find busted Oracle specific xbow around same time you meet him, and he has 7 STR), but starts out without any ranged feats. He does have the skills to make in-combat healing viable for a change and you may need it with all the mass battles. Staggered first round means casting, then shooting after.
7 STR, so this oracle can't even make use of his medium armor and shield proficiencies...?
Noodle arms ^^ hehe. It was so much easier in the old Baldur's Gate, where you could just put on some Gauntlets of Ogre Power to set STR to 19, no matter your starting STR... :)

ChildInTime

Learned
Just read Arueshalae's dialogue from that thread on /vg/. She cute, real waifu material, compared to other romanceable girls.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Owlcat Games has interesting views on women: you can choose between a crazy bug lady, a sociopath or a succubus. Yet the succubus demon is the only decent good one.
:lol:

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Learned
Just read Arueshalae's dialogue from that thread on /vg/. She cute, real waifu material, compared to other romanceable girls.

Link PLS. I wanna read.

Now that I think about it, there is still Queen Galfrey, guess she will be the most "normal" female romance.
https://boards.4channel.org/vg/thread/290591605

>"I ruined many mortals, without learning the first thing about them. Now I watch them to understand them. Clearly, this won't return my prey to life. But still... To grow closer to these mortals, it's like I'm paying back some part of
my debt to their memories.\""

>"\"I wouldn't want to draw any rash conclusions. I've only been watching them for a short while. But I've probably understood one thing...\""

>"\"They love cats!\" {n}Arueshalae speaks in a very serious manner, as if sharing an important scientific discovery with you, but then a moment later smiles to give away the joke.{/n}"

>Not just the kiss. Any caress, of any kind, sucks the life from mortals. And there's nothing I can do about it.\""

>"{n}Arueshalae touches her lips ever so slightly.{/n} \"For mortals, tenderness is tenderness and violence is violence. But I don't know what it's like to kiss and not inflict pain.\""

>I just hope my observations of mortals will help me understand. Young lovers, old spouses... Even what mortals condemn as promiscuity – to me it all looks like something amazingly... Human.\""

>"\"Don't joke like that! For me it's not a joke at all!\""

>"\"Never mind. Just... Try not to tempt me. You know, it's hard for me to control myself.\""

"{n}Arueshalae's cheeks blush faintly. Her thin lips open a little, and she licks them with her moist tongue. Sighing deeply, she answers with apparent effort – {/n}\"I... Never want to feel such pleasure again. Not with anyone, ever. If I kiss anyone, I want to be sure that the kiss brings us both pleasure, not pain.\""

>"{n}Arueshalae's voice grows soft, and you barely hear her words.{/n} \"I should like to kiss someone again... But only as a mortal. Not as a demon.\""

>My last...\" {n}Arueshalae looks away.{/n} \"My final victim was a priestess of {g|Desna}Desna{/g}, the Tender of Dreams. As you know, demons do not sleep. Mortals always compare their greatest moments to dreams. So I decided it would be interesting to try, and while I was at it... Forgive me, goddess – to ridicule Desna.\""

>"\"This priestess lay in my arms, dying of my kiss. I... I remember every smallest detail – the cold sweat on her skin, her rolled up eyes, her weak whisper... It's so difficult to recount... Well, I dove into her mind to see what mortal dreams were like. But the goddess saw me in her realm. And... It turned out, I remained there far longer than I planned.\""

>As a punishment, she gave me... Mercy. I often think: why me? She could easily have blown me away like smoke, with the flick of her finger. The gods rarely trouble themselves with the lives of mortals – and even less so with demons. But for reasons of her own she paid me special attention.\""

>She awoke in me the memories of the sinners whose souls were used to create me. All those humans... I knew nothing of them until {g|Desna}Desna{/g} showed me. Each of them had their own dreams. And a world without pity trampled each of them down, and placed them on a path that led to the {g|Abyss}Abyss{/g}. Their memories... All their hopes and pain... I'm sorry, it's hard for me to talk about this...\" {n}You see tears well up in the succubus's eyes.{/n}"

>"{n}She wipes away her tears, and Arueshalae continues.{/n} \"The most important thing I realized was that every mortal is a little world of hopes and dreams. And I... I might be a {g|succubus}succubus{/g} but I didn't have to live forever with these beastly, boring pleasures and tortures of the {g|Abyss}Abyss{/g}. I can be free. I... I can be myself. If only I can understand who I am.\""

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom