Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
I honestly can't wait to do legend playtrough,putting down all the degenerate scum that stays in me way :obviously:! I honestly don't get it why would anyone want to plays as edgy shit like lich,demon or the whiny angels,dragons lol. Just kill them all and laugh it off standing atop their corpses!
shush mortal or else you're going into the trampoline pit
Begone vermin!
iu
funny thats how i cast half my spells

Johnny Biggums

Learned
I couldn't stand more than half of PKM's cast of companions, and I find the companions a lot less annoying this time around. Lann, however, is a bitch. I'm really hoping I can help Wendaug murder his bitch ass at some point.

Sjukob

Arcane
But, frankly, almost all of them are gay.
  1. Demon. Why would you want to be a part of the bloodthirsty, raging ape horde? You better off just exterminating them, not becoming one of them;
  2. Devil. I've read that in struggle for power devils in pathfinder get backstabbed and killed by their own kin all the time. If you choose to become one, you are risking getting played by the biggest jew in the universe, the only winning option, even if you only care about yourself, is to stay away. Don't play with the devil;
  3. Swarm. Raging retard with hatred for everything. It's not just an agry dude, it's literally "I'm so fucking evil and nobody loves me" x1000. Also Deskari gets to boss you around for awhile or something, I'm not into the details;
  4. Lich. Oh great, another fucking monstrosity, I suposse it needs some orphan organs or some other shit for it's rituals, yeah? Voluntarily giving up your passions, feelings, love and what else just to turn into mr.veryautisticbunchofbones is honestly ridiculous;
  5. Angel. I don't have anything against it, but Iomedae is a bitch and you should avoid becoming her subordinate;
  6. Dragon. I expected dragon to be the very definition of testosterone and hedonism. You know, you turn into a powerful being and get all the princesses, all the gold and all the tasty dishes, it's fine, it's a classic. But instead it's all about compassion, love, forgiveness and similar things, even for the bloodthirsty savages mentioned above, and you get to babysit somebody's else child, lol. There's a chance that corrupted dragon path might more up my alley;
  7. Don't know anything about legend, there haven't been much info.
So the only mythic paths I'm really looking forward to storywise, are azata and trickster. Why? You get to tell every authority to go screw themselves and that's good, because they are just assholes. You make some new friends on the way that don't try to backstab you or dump their personal resposibilities on you, and I strongly support companionship. Trickster gets to hang out with fey, who are frankly retarded, but as far as I understand it, you don't have to indulge in their bullshit. And lastly, you don't turn into some disgusting abomination. I usually don't like chaotic allignments, but doing your own thing, not becoming a monster, and not responding to overly proud stuck up rulers and gods, while staying in good spirit seems like the best idea to me.

1610871507509.jpg

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Ekun "Gas every single troll, the women and the children too" Dayo is based

Genocide isn’t based. Making wolves into dogs is based. Worst enemy -> best friend.

Not everyone is a candidate.
Tortoise_and_Scorpion.jpg

If you're not the scorpion what are you even doing? Wolves and men became friends for one purpose: to hunt. You're either predator or prey. The tribes that killed their wolves became prey of the tribes who teamed up. Don't do that.

Technomancer

Liturgist
Ekun "Gas every single troll, the women and the children too" Dayo is based

Genocide isn’t based. Making wolves into dogs is based. Worst enemy -> best friend.

Not everyone is a candidate.
Tortoise_and_Scorpion.jpg

If you're not the scorpion what are you even doing? Wolves and men became friends for one purpose: to hunt. You're either predator or prey. The tribes that killed their wolves became prey of the tribes who teamed up. Don't do that.

Bara

Arcane
So hows the bloodrager archetypes/base in wrath of the righteous?

I'd like to gauge how well a mage whose power is rage plays.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

It's better to consider it a self-buffing Barbarian. The class is fun though, in my opinion.

guestposting

Educated
Oh shit, you can recruit sperglady Nenio in chapter one now? Nice.

Edit: I guess I should’ve played the second round of the alpha.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

It's better to consider it a self-buffing Barbarian. The class is fun though, in my opinion.

On the tabletop it's considered superior to the Barbarian in almost all respects, as there is an archetype that lets them take either their bloodline power or 2 rage powers each 4 levels.

Wrath also has the Primalist archetype, so will be in a similar situation.

You sacrifice a d12 hitdie (for d10, a very minor nerf) and gain access to a lot of amazing defensive (and offensive) buffing options. If you go primalist archetype, there is very little stopping you playing it as standard barbarian as well if desired.

A lot of the bloodline powers are vastly superior to most of the rage powers anyway, so even without the primalist archetype it's better than base barbarians in most cases.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

On the tabletop it's considered superior to the Barbarian in almost all respects, as there is an archetype that lets them take either their bloodline power or 2 rage powers each 4 levels.

You sacrifice a d12 hitdie (for d10, a very minor nerf) and gain access to a lot of amazing defensive (and offensive) buffing options. If you go primalist archetype, there is very little stopping you playing it as standard barbarian as well if desired.

A lot of the bloodline powers are vastly superior to most of the rage powers anyway, so even without the primalist archetype it's better than base barbarians in most cases.
Yeah, Bloodrager is definitely an upgrade to Barbarian. I just meant that it tends to play more as a Barbarian who has some sorcerer abilities and can cast some spells, rather than a mage who can enter rages.

What do you give up for Primalist? So far I've played a couple different base Bloodragers and enjoyed them.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Yeah, Bloodrager is definitely an upgrade to Barbarian. I just meant that it tends to play more as a Barbarian who has some sorcerer abilities and can cast some spells, rather than a mage who can enter rages.

What do you give up for Primalist? So far I've played a couple different base Bloodragers and enjoyed them.

Nothing. That's what makes it so stupidly OP.

Also probably why Primalist was banned in PFS play.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I honestly can't wait to do legend playtrough,putting down all the degenerate scum that stays in me way :obviously:! I honestly don't get it why would anyone want to plays as edgy shit like lich,demon or the whiny angels,dragons lol. Just kill them all and laugh it off standing atop their corpses!
shush mortal or else you're going into the trampoline pit
Begone vermin!
iu
funny thats how i cast half my spells
By getting kicked in the air ?! Gee you must be some special type of caster,not very useful tho. I would put you on luggage duty in my campaign for sure.

Thonius

Arcane
You can go full "I want to be a dragon" with Blodrager/Sorc/Bard(probably skald fits more with DD since rage and all that)-DD-Dragon Mythic. At PFK I stacked like 50STR on muh sorc for backline glaive action ( With dragon form and 46? or 36+ without).
Oh, they also made some dragon warrior archetypes which is like... DD but without caster bonuses and other cool shit. That's Alpha info tho. I own alpha access, not beta.

Thonius

Arcane
But, frankly, almost all of them are gay.
  1. Demon. Why would you want to be a part of the bloodthirsty, raging ape horde? You better off just exterminating them, not becoming of them;
  2. Devil. I've read that in struggle for power devils in pathfinder get backstabbed and killed by their own kin all the time. If you choose to become one, you are risking getting played by the biggest jew in the universe, the only winning option, even if you only care about yourself, is to stay away. Don't play with the devil;
  3. Swarm. Raging retard with hatred for everything. It's not just an agry dude, it's literally "I'm so fucking evil and nobody loves me" x1000. Also Deskari gets to boss you around for awhile or something, I'm not into the details;
  4. Lich. Oh great, another fucking monstrosity, I suposse it needs some orphan organs or some other shit for it's rituals, yeah? Voluntarily giving up your passions, feelings, love and what else just to turn into mr.veryautisticbunchofbones is honestly ridiculous;
  5. Angel. I don't have anything against it, but Iomedae is a bitch and should avoid becoming her subordinate;
  6. Dragon. I expected dragon to be the very definition of testosterone and hedonism. You know, you turn into a powerful being and get all the princesses, all the gold and all the tasty dishes, it's fine, it's a classic. But instead it's all about compassion, love, forgiveness and similar things, even for the bloodthirsty savages mentioned above, and you get to babysit somebody's else child, lol. There's a chance that corrupted dragon path might more up my alley;
  7. Don't know anything about legend, there haven't been much info.
So the only mythic paths I'm really looking forward to storywise, are azata and trickster. Why? You get to tell every authority to go screw themselves and that's good, because they are just assholes. You make some new friends on the way that don't try to backstab you or dump their personal resposibilities on you, and I strongly support companionship. Trickster gets to hang out with fey, who are frankly retarded, but as far as I understand it, you don't have to indulge in their bullshit. And lastly, you don't turn into some disgusting abomination. I usually don't like chaotic allignments, but doing your own thing, not becoming a monster, and not responding to overly proud stuck up rulers and gods, while staying in good spirit seems like the best idea to me.

1610871507509.jpg
Trickster is overall badass even if somewhat insane and 4th wall breaking. Trolled.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Oh shit, you can recruit sperglady Nenio in chapter one now? Nice.
How was that thing even allowed into the game, especially a story of a crusade, i don't even

Writing in PKM was bad at places but it was't Deadfire :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom