Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Robber Baron

Savant
horsie follows you around in dungeons and fights?

It does way more going by the portrait

merriment.jpg

Shadenuat

Arcane
You even have simping lines:
This dialogue there is an example of how writers just don't understand how "nobility" operates. You can either express negativity, or fear or neutrality, but not something akin to courtship or knowledge. I remember in PKM there is also always was that problem, where nobles being nobles was always met in dialogue with modern perspective.

I dread possible dialogue with a queen and how it would look like.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Bros, what class would you say fits the Trickster path thematically? Other than Arcane Trickster, since that's what I played in the Alpha and would rather not do it again.

Archaeologist, but there's already too many CHR-based toons. Alchemist makes the best MC I think and Trickster fits well enough there. Within Trickster itself there's probably three or four separate ways to go. The spellbook is a nice supplement to non-casting classes so you could also go with some kind of Fighter. I think I did Fighter/Student of War with it in Alpha.

Robber Baron

Savant
The ingame graphics are so detached from the portratis. Wenduag doesn't have spider legs on her back, Camellia has that same hunchbacked idle posture like every soldier next to her even though she has that fine lady pose in the portrait. It's so lazy.

Sjukob

Arcane
This shit is on the road to Deadfire. Need to get the wimmenfolk under control. Wolj just called me Dreamboat first line. This was just inserted (wasn't in the Alpha).

I spent ten years in fucking theater. I did a show where I was the only straight man in the cast. This is not how it works. At minimum its entirely immersion breaking.

Infinidick can ban me if he wants but somebody needs to get through to these Russian simps before they ruin this whole good thing they had going.
Yeah, some of the things present are outright disgusting, like the Sosiel romance I've just posted. It's not even funny or meme worthy, it's just nasty. The Regongar and Octavia in Kingmaker were already too degenarate for me, I've never went that route, only seen some screenshots of the dialogue, but it was bad and now they are taking it further. It's hard to believe that somebody spent his time writing it and even got paid for it, the money and effort wasted on it could've been spent on gameplay or bugfixing or some actual important/interesting dialogue. And the worst thing is that majority of people are happy about this, even the russians, just check the official owlcat vkontakte group, if you can read russian of course. I fear that Owlcat will become the next Larian.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Cringe wow so epic, so random, so funny hue hue hue writing;

Yeah, I have a higher tolerance for this but everything in WotR, in general, is very over the top. The humour in Kingmaker was mostly driven by jubilost sardonic jokes but for most past is pretty serious. I guess you can say that Harrim is rather comedic as well in the "shut up you whinny brat" way. WotR has much much more joke in spite the setting being more serious in general. This has a problem of mood whiplash like D:OS2. The writing in general is pretty hammy.

Premade companion party is a travelling circus band;

Honestly? This is a good thing. This makes the "normal guy/gal" have a very strong contrast and with the interaction between companions being much more prominent, this makes them better. Character like Reggil, Lann, Seelah, and Sosiel have their "normalcy" being a very visible thing compared to the contrast of the rest of the cast.
I don't care much about romances, but why is every female option a derranged psycho?;

Arue the succubus is pretty vanilla unless you ere edging her to be evil. Nenio is probably normal albeit uuh her quirk is pretty hit or miss.

I understand that it's a fantasy video game and everything goes, but protagonist voluntarily turning into a monster is something similar to a plothole. Why? Why would a person that took command of an army to protect people against a dangerous scourge that threatens all life in the world become something similar to them by his own fucking will?! That is especially strange when options that turn you into embodiment of good are easily available;

I mean you can argue this with the real world in general. Why do people keep being a massive dick even when the alternative is entirely viable again? You took command of the army is something that is assigned to you because the queen sees you as a convenient tool in a war, with you: 1. single-handedly saving a city from demon incursion (and possibly chain nukes that would destroy Mendev from the Wardstone) 2. With you actually having mythic power. Your motivation for accepting the post is yours to decide which probably coincides with whatever mythic path you choose.

As you know from Kingmaker a bunch of level 20 murderhobos are outrageously powerful as is, if you load them with 10 additional levels of super awesome mythic stuff it becomes... just wow... holy shit... It might seem cool at first, but I'm afraid it might feel like a needless overkill after a while.

Mythic templates is actually also available for enemies. And you do face those Mythic Demons. And you are fighting creatures that would otherwise be higher than normal CR for party of your level, at least until chapter 3. But I do agree that by Level 20 Mythic 10 it is questionable on what your enemies could do to you. I guess they can slap mythic template on all late game enemies. Maybe having the final fight being CR 20++ which are realm of demi gods (most gods and demonlords are CR30 in PnP)

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane
Bros, what class would you say fits the Trickster path thematically? Other than Arcane Trickster, since that's what I played in the Alpha and would rather not do it again.

Archaeologist, but there's already too many CHR-based toons. Alchemist makes the best MC I think and Trickster fits well enough there. Within Trickster itself there's probably three or four separate ways to go. The spellbook is a nice supplement to non-casting classes so you could also go with some kind of Fighter. I think I did Fighter/Student of War with it in Alpha.

I know that if you go Alchemist and then follow the Angel Mythic path you can essentially make Holy Hand Grenades.

Desiderius

Patron

I know that if you go Alchemist and then follow the Angel Mythic path you can essentially make Holy Hand Grenades.

Base Alchemist already can at lvl 8. My Preservationist will be spamming them if I can make it that far without the class breaking.

Sjukob

Arcane
Mythic templates is actually also available for enemies. And you do face those Mythic Demons. And you are fighting creatures that would otherwise be higher than normal CR for party of your level, at least until chapter 3. But I do agree that by Level 20 Mythic 10 it is questionable on what your enemies could do to you. I guess they can slap mythic template on all late game enemies. Maybe having the final fight being CR 20++ which are realm of demi gods (most gods and demonlords are CR30 in PnP)

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Cavalier's a decent class, like a cross between a Paladin and a Fighter with a focus on mounts.

Also, you can go full Dark Sun and be a dino-riding halfling.
What's the over-under on the kinds of mounts they give you to ride? Between vanilla Cavalier, Beast Rider and the Dinosaurs I'd expect a good variety.

Delterius

Arcane
(most gods and demonlords are CR30 in PnP)
You mean demigods are CR30+. Gods don't have a CR, instead it's a case of 'you lose'.

Not everyone is super. Just the people you meet and want to death hug you.

Desiderius

Patron
Oh shit, you can recruit sperglady Nenio in chapter one now? Nice.
How was that thing even allowed into the game, especially a story of a crusade, i don't even

Writing in PKM was bad at places but it was't Deadfire :M
The fuck are you on about? Crusade means "burn everything that doesn't look like a normal american"? Even I fucking know crusade in this game is against demons. Is she a demon? No. So stop salivating. Are you fucking reading a novel or playing a video game? Fucking decide. Like reading books - go read Tolstoy's " War and Peace". Some quality writing there.

It's the (post-) Americans pushing all this shit, fucktard. We've already read War and Peace (and Hadji Murad, and Chekhov, and Dead Souls, ad infinitum), that's why this wannabe (post-) Western dumpster fire is so disappointing.

You know who else made their sperg character female? Sesame Street

Last edited:
Vatnik Wumao

Salvo

Arcane
I honestly don't understand what you guys are complaining about.
They should learn to behave.
NaM4PlL.jpg

By the way, I'm not sure if we are allowed to post screenshots. So if that's the case, Infinitron can delete 'em.

Nice , a sub bug lady.
She's just a powerhungry sycophant that sides with whoever's the strongest at the moment.
uxAbPpN.jpg

Literally "the weak should fear the strong" hahahaha

kreight

Oh shit, you can recruit sperglady Nenio in chapter one now? Nice.
How was that thing even allowed into the game, especially a story of a crusade, i don't even

Writing in PKM was bad at places but it was't Deadfire :M
The fuck are you on about? Crusade means "burn everything that doesn't look like a normal american"? Even I fucking know crusade in this game is against demons. Is she a demon? No. So stop salivating. Are you fucking reading a novel or playing a video game? Fucking decide. Like reading books - go read Tolstoy's " War and Peace". Some quality writing there.

It's the (post-) Americans pushing all this shit, fucktard. We've already read War and Peace (and Hadji Murad, and Chekhov, and Dead Souls, ad infinitum), that's why this wannabe (post-) Western dumpster fire is so disappointing.

You know who else made their sperg character female? Sesame Street
You haven't read shit. And even you have go ahead and do it again. Cause I don't even what the fuck you are babbling about. It's some form of post- autism probably. Tell me more.

Last edited by a moderator:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You mean demigods are CR30+. Gods don't have a CR, instead it's a case of 'you lose'.

Ah yeah, might be a mistake from me. I recently read the books for some planar stuff so might get things mixed up. I think the CR 20++ is Empyreal Lords and Demon Lords instead of actual gods yeah.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Sosiel romance I've just posted. It's not even funny or meme worthy
It looks like a romance written by woman for a woman PC. He worships Shelyn. If Sosiel is indeed artistically inclined, he would probably be obsessed with mc differently: on a basis like his perfect form, like many artists were, re-drawing same face or person over and over, etc. At very least you would want to look at what artists obsession is and how it looks like, and write from that. In that obsession one can find perfection or stagnation and downfall.

She's just a powerhungry sycophant that sides with whoever's the strongest at the moment
Sadly that's an incredibly boring and overused trope as well. To make it right you need some sort of twist or good cultural background. We, of course, already have an example of p same character done well: Hanharr from KOTOR2, who was enslaved by his belief in strength/tradition/bonds.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom