Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
a warpriest
that is a priest
which can pick diety and domains
and has fighter feats
but is a cult rogue
this is also a thief, who can hide in plain sight
and has sneak attack
and can enhance weaponz like paladin or magus
and also armor

that's Pathfinder for u.

Noob: so what is Warpriest for exactly?

Me: well you know how Hunter is like Druid with Spontaneous Casting and slower spell progression? Well think of it as a Divine Hunter.

Noob: doesn't the Hunter class already have a Divine Hunter archetype?

Me: well yes

Noob: hold on, I was just just trying out Paladin. Doesn't it have a Divine Hunter archetype too?

Me: um, well...

Noob: so now we get three Divine Hunters? Awesome!

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
As Trashos noted we’re yet to see the true masculine heroic archetype which is really unforgivable for a non-Western game. Where’s your Bolkonsky, Rus? Still sucking up to the French fags?

I always thought that role of "true masculine heroic archetype" is supposed to be taken by player, and since majority of the RPGamers are boys, they tend to be very competitive about being coolest Men in the story and feel annoyed and/or subconsciously threatened when someone else constantly shown as too capable, smart or sexy for their comfort zone (which varies wildly from player to player).

You can see this design philosophy in generations of Bioware's character-heavy games - for male character to be competent in what in essence a power trip for the player, he should have some prominent defect: evil like Sarevok and Canderous, childish and crazy like Edwin or just too alien in face or culture to compete - like Sten or Garrus. Strange enough, dwarfs are usually allowed to have some healthy measure of masculinity (shorties?).

So yeah, we were stuck with a male-half-party of whiners, forever-betas, pretty boys and spineless immature idiots long before developers started sucking up to SJWs (may those rot in hell).

Desiderius

Patron
Beren’s like that, but Strider and Gandalf sure aren’t. Took a couple years in the trenches to cure Tolkien of the need for that.

Tolstoy used fallible Bezhukov as his narrator likely for the exact purpose of undermining that limpdick nonsense. He gives you at least four different pictures of masculine heroism as the story progresses.

Nothing a grown man enjoys more than finding a better one. Only dude to look up to in Wrath is Regill, and his virility is nearly spent.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nothing a grown man enjoys more than finding a better one.

And nothing annoys this hypothetical "grown man" more than being told by scenario - no, you are not supposed to "give orders/save his ass/beat the shit out" of this better at any point of the story.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Men need inspirational heroes and fatheresque figures just like byronesque batmans. Hence appreciation for Keldorn, Jolee, Garrus, etc. And Edwin, who will always be your better because of the amulet. Or Gothic cast of people who treat u like trash.
Atm there is obvious lack of inspirational heroes or desire to turn them into "more realistic" = made out of flaws grimdark edgy shits.

since majority of the RPGamers are boys, they tend to be very competitive about being coolest Men in the story and feel annoyed and/or subconsciously threatened when someone else constantly shown as too capable, smart or sexy for their comfort zone (which varies wildly from player to player)
That's a very woman perspective, pardon for seksesm mlady. Men are not that proud to be constantly threatened by better men. We're not ones who are offended at 2d girls in anime with big tits to the point of trying to ban it, for example.

So yeah, we were stuck with a male-half-party of whiners, forever-betas, pretty boys
Written by women writers, who need a romance for their male character, to romance another male character :shitposting:
dont deny it
i know everything +M

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So far, Lann feels like a bro. Seelah too, even if she's not technically one. Nenio is all over the place but too convenient to not bring along if you aren't an arcane caster. I like Ember's attitude and interjections, but am not sold on witches yet. Daerian is the opposite... don't like him at all at this early point, but he's pretty useful class-wise. And I'm going to change Woljif's portrait first thing but he's a staple of my party.

Desiderius

Patron
Daeran feels underrated character-wise in a Trump sort of way. His superhealbot build is a little challenging to get the most out of for sure.

Desiderius

Patron
So far, Lann feels like a bro. Seelah too, even if she's not technically one. Nenio is all over the place but too convenient to not bring along if you aren't an arcane caster. I like Ember's attitude and interjections, but am not sold on witches yet. Daerian is the opposite... don't like him at all at this early point, but he's pretty useful class-wise. And I'm going to change Woljif's portrait first thing but he's a staple of my party.

Ember’s fail case is just Slumber spam, which is already above average. She has (way) too many good things going on, especially against bosses with infinite SR.

Can also just give her a heal and summon every level and use her free burn spells or hexes and Cackle.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I can't pick between morph alchemist, pack barb, or cultist of lamashtu, or those 2 new op notbarb notranger classes for my Na'Vi. I wish she traded some of her Dex for Wis.

Too many archercasters in game.

btw Gods in game
include your own character in the list. probably for your guys to worship you after lichdom

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I've just finished Lost Chapel (penultimate of Chapter 2) on Hard. On Alpha I played Core, ooh boy Hard is Haaard.

Rerolled my Kitsune Sensei to Oread Sensei because natural attack with a dex build is kinda expensive feat wise. Will probably play martial Kitsune on some other dex build.

Honestly I feel that I don't even suppose to be able to finish that Lost Chapel final fight because I am essentially exploiting Sensei Ki Power to give True Strike to ranged touch spellcaster while Lann (Zen Archer) also use his True Strike + Extra attack just to be able to hit the boss. The boss has something like 37 AC I think with your party at Level 7. The only full BAB class I brought was my Sensei, that Zen Archer, and Reggil. But Reggil is fighting defensively without Crane feat so he ain't hitting shit (need to roll 17 or higher after enemy AC reduction due to fankling and Evil Eye Hex).

I dread my playthrough where I take Wenduag on end of Prologue and without Sensei/Bard. Without Bard's song + True Strike, I was probably toast that fight. I guess I can build around some other guy to exploit the shit out of touch AC to compensate but oh man.

Shadenuat

Arcane
how can other mythics even compete
True somewhat also because the tone of the game is just not what you expect. While there is blood and eye eating the amount of lulz felt like it increased, moving game step towards larian shit. But with Trickster you can LARP together with sassy companions that it is all how it should be, and beat the fuck out of balors with a giant tuna.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I remembered how Larian was advising to play BG-3 Early Access like you will never play the actual game.

So I am just using in-game prebuilt Paladin. A Lawful Good moron with a Zweihänder. When will I ever would have thought of playing that?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom