Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Percy

Cipher
I haven’t looked at other mythic paths but Swarm as represented there seems very strong for casters. +4 +swarm size to primary casting stat and the ability to make clones with all of your spells?

I don’t know what swarm size caps at, but at size 6 that’s +10 to casting attribute and two clones. Even if the attribute bonus drops for each clone you summon, throwing out 3 save-or-dies at once beats a +3 DC bonus.

Clones don’t seem as good for melee if they don’t share equipment.

Is this level of power the norm? If so, they’re going very BG2 and I predict lots of fun cheesing systems.

Good luck cheesing this shit.

Bulk pillar of life and make this dude follow through

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What's free about it? Whole point of Seeker Sorc is that you pick up Trickery (and Perception?) that scales with Class level. Plus you've got all the Bloodline stuff and bonus feats and whatnot. Anything involving sneaks is underpowered in this meta.

Desiderius

Patron
What's free about it? Whole point of Seeker Sorc is that you pick up Trickery (and Perception?) that scales with Class level. Plus you've got all the Bloodline stuff and bonus feats and whatnot. Anything involving sneaks is underpowered in this meta.
If surprise spells was a feat I'd pick it.

That's the whole point. You're giving up your whole class for the equivalent of a feat.

Percy

Cipher
Update fucked me, had a sorc/oracle/mystic theurge going wirh angel mythic to make up caster levels going.

Was good, could beat some cunts I couldn't with a melee mc.

Also got wrecked by some too. So good balancing

Anyone got tips for kineticist?

Percy

Cipher
Going Order of the Lion Disciple of the Pike Cavalier Kitsune Azata. Couldn’t do Martyr because Desna doesn’t get Paladins.

Mythic polymorph feat applies to kitsune human form so +4; to all physical

Stacks with belts and magic

Doesn't stack with mutagens

A kitsune dragon polymoph dude could be pretty strong?

Desiderius

Patron
One of the Cavalier themes is enhancing Charge attacks, which Disciple of the Pike takes to extremes. Add Kitsune Pounce and enjoy.

But yes Pouncing Dragons also good.

Desiderius

Patron
Update fucked me, had a sorc/oracle/mystic theurge going wirh angel mythic to make up caster levels going.

Was good, could beat some cunts I couldn't with a melee mc.

Also got wrecked by some too. So good balancing

Anyone got tips for kineticist?

I’d steer clear for now. Looks like they took out overflow altogether outside of Elemental Engine. Evidently bugged all to hell too.

Desiderius

Patron
I’d say play something you know works then you can respec into Kinnie later to test. You don’t want to build up to it then figure out that the class doesn’t work.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/4388179026221843494

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous beta, version 0.8.0j

Quests
  • In Demon’s mythic quest in Ivory Labyrinth the player couldn’t loot the chest - fixed.
  • It was impossible to travel to Pulura’s Falls in Trickster’s mythic path - fixed.
  • A hired killer in Rotten Guttery didn’t stop fighting after surrendering - fixed.
  • It was possible to obtain two keys from Ziforian - fixed.

Areas
  • After reloading a save it was possible to loot containers on the zone once more - fixed.
  • Textures and materials on corpses and containers were missing in the prologue - fixed.
  • In Shield Maze killing an enemy with a critical hit could freeze the game - fixed.
  • Golem vendor in Drezen could cause the game to freeze - fixed.
  • Various improvements and fixes for the beginning of chapter 3 have been added.
  • Tents were missing in war camp - fixed.
  • Fixed issues with some cut-scenes not triggering.
  • The party couldn’t rest in Ten Thousand Delights - fixed.
  • It was possible to walk through some walls in Alushinyrra - fixed.
  • Walking over the crystal bridge in Midnight Fane could make some characters fall down - fixed.

Crusade
  • Big units had issues with their movements during tactical battles - fixed.

Classes & Mechanics
  • Warpriest’s levels were incorrectly displayed while choosing combat feats - fixed
  • Cleaving shot wasn’t dealing damage to enemies - fixed.
  • Aivu, Azata’s dragon, wasn’t growing as the main character gained mythic levels - fixed.
  • Dragons had wrong numbers of AC and HP - fixed.
  • Hex Slumber worked on undead creatures - fixed.
  • Seelah no longer has a mount.
  • Skill checks on story mode had DC=0 in some areas - fixed.
  • Demonic forms didn’t add abilities after transformation - fixed.
  • Power Attack has been fixed.
  • Azata couldn’t select 4th level spells - fixed.

Items

• Distribution of items for cooking and crafting has been tweaked.

User Interfaces
  • Changing character’s gender during character creation could cause various issues that would prevent you from finishing character creation - fixed.
  • Fixed various animation issues for characters’ dolls in the inventory.
  • Gamma correction settings didn’t work correctly - fixed.
  • Resting in hubs wasn’t properly supported by UI - fixed.
  • Action bar could break near Dezna’s temple - fixed.
  • Spells and abilities could become unavailable in the action bar - fixed.
  • Some DC checks weren’t displaying properly - fixed.
  • Aivu didn’t appear in the inventory - fixed.

Misс
  • Sometimes saves wouldn’t load - fixed.
  • Performance for some areas was improved.
  • Brightness increased in dialogues - fixed.
  • Font scaling issues - fixed.
  • Some weapon fixes.
  • Race-specific running animations were added.
  • Sometimes characters' models had a wrong size - fixed.
  • Player’s mount could become invisible after falling into the caves in prologue - fixed.

A friendly reminder: Even though Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is still in beta and incomplete, there are already some mods out there. If you use mods, please don’t send bug reports from the modded game, or if you do send them, don’t forget to mention what mods you used or what did you change, if you edited your save, for example. We respect our modding community, but at this moment our priority is to ensure our game works well without any modifications.

Desiderius

Patron
Seelah’s Mount gone = good change. Class needed Divine Wep.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are any of the animal sub classes any good? I find most of them to be bad. For some you trade out Devotion (+4 bonus to Will Save), Multiattack (Less penalty when hitting with multiple natural attacks), and Evasion for mediocre abilities. The one I like is probably Bulwark, because it gives your mount armor proficiency and Sturdy - which isn't in the game - for free.
dUvzCq1.png

Desiderius

Patron
Daredevil is ok I think.

BTW OC was not amused by my Nenio pouncing shenanigans. She now has 5 STR.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Look at that. Traps have gotten "harder".
You have to disarm the trap by interacting with the switch on the right. The thingy on the left is what shoots bad stuff at you, I think.

I love this change. I'm still in the maze, but in general, the starting area feels more coherent and polished now... nice blend of different mobs (with the occasional spider coming down from the ceiling), the trap stuff is great (the trap near this one where you have to actually double back into a different room to find the switch), and the bash/pick/boost abilities with lockpick UI is really nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom