Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They need to fly me to Cyprus for a week to show them all the shit they need to fix in person.

Simple as.

Delterius

Arcane
I was kinda hoping for either Invoker or Havocker witch to make it in. Instead they added an archetype that sacrifices some hexes for spells that... a normal witch would already have. Spells that aren't even that useful in this game. It's quite impressive the lengths Owlcat will go to implement pointless character options. Didn't care much for the new Sorcerer (sacrifice all your sorcerer feats to save up on 3 spell penetration feats) and Wizard (lmao universalist wizard) archetypes either.

Desiderius

Patron
Primalist Bloodrager such a joke.

At least Vivi has real downsides.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In their defense, I think at one point, the ever-so-charismatic item dev mentioned that they will first introduce shit and then debug shit. Not sure what means because I've been playing a bit of Kingmaker, and Protection from Arrows, Communal is a bit bugged. But at this point, I mean... I'm getting used to it. It's like... the DM is Russian. And by Russian I mean: a bit crazy, a bit drunk, and maybe he doesn't know the rulebook all that well. :p

Desiderius

Patron
Ofc saves don't work and I was balls deep in ch.3 :argh:
Time to restart, Reformed Fiend Azata coming right up. Once I get Incredible Might it's going to be so sweet.

Reformed Fiend is great, especially late, just make sure to plan out your Feats ahead of time. Improved Cleaving Finish is worth the investment.

I’m running Azata Martyr of Desna.

Desiderius

Patron
Second Bloodline has too high of an Opportunity Cost.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
My monk is pulling on my horse's hair. Ouch!
tTrZceE.png

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
By the way. Is it just me. Or has the Turn Based mode gotten slower? You now have to wait for the Get Ready screen to pop up. Then for Turn Order to resolve. Of course there's also animations too - even with me maxing speed slider, it still feels slow. On top of all this, there's a group every five steps of the way. What makes matters worse is that enemies get killed in one hit. I guess you're not supposed to be playing the prologue in Turn Based mode now?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way. Is it just me. Or has the Turn Based mode gotten slower? You now have to wait for the Get Ready screen to pop up. Then for Turn Order to resolve. Of course there's also animations too - even with me maxing speed slider, it still feels slow. On top of all this, there's a group every five steps of the way. What makes matters worse is that enemies get killed in one hit. I guess you're not supposed to be playing the prologue in Turn Based mode now?

In all honesty, it was always best to turn TB off for anything inconsequential. Keeping TB on constantly was an exercise in frustration.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You now have to wait for the Get Ready screen to pop up.
The "Get ready for battle" screen needs to go. In Kingmaker it serves no purpose whatsoever and it lasts far too long, I can't fathom why they would need to add that.

Hopefully someone will mod it out if they insist on keeping it. Shouldn't be too hard with Unity modding as it is now.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Keeping TB on constantly was an exercise in frustration.
Lame sauce! I guess you're right.

Always the issue with games with mixed RT and TB modes. The gameplay still has to be designed around one or the other.

Not that I'm complaining that the game supports both ofcourse.
The whole game was designed for RTWP and TB is only there because people wanted it enough. Personally, I'm not going to engage with the TB at all. The whole game will be manageable without TB.

Desiderius

Patron
Depends on the class. Warpriest and Aeon have a lot of Swift Actions that are hard to manage without TB.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom