Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xie Ma

Literate
Hello, newbie member here.

I haven’t gone to play the beta version of this game yet but I’m curious, how hard are the enemy encounters and skill checks in this game(so far) in comparison to Kingmaker?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

I haven’t gone to play the beta version of this game yet but I’m curious, how hard are the enemy encounters and skill checks in this game(so far) in comparison to Kingmaker?

Roughly the same. Probably a little easier because you have Mythic abilities.

deama

Prophet

Do they make sense too? Like, do you need 100+ athletics to climb a wall?

Desiderius

Patron

Do they make sense too? Like, do you need 100+ athletics to climb a wall?

Depends on the wall.

Git gud.

TumblingTorin

Educated
Sosiel isn't really that interesting. I usually use Daeran in place of him most of the time.
I'm more interested in recruiting his older brother. He's not implemented in the current beta but voice files (including ones similar to companions like combat lines) and camping dialogue has been found.

this was in the enGB localization file.

"Key": "fddcb78c-f2f9-4841-979d-548df81f6606",
"Value": "\"I've heard of you, Paralictor Derenge. Some good, some bad.\""

"Key": "bbbf439c-6fe3-42fb-9f12-95dea489d67f",
"Value": "\"And I have heard plenty about you, Trever Vaenic, while traveling with your brother...\""

"Key": "b6b004bd-7e54-44a5-9098-23f04c190d6b",
"Value": "\"Will you tell me how my Marenta died?\""

"Key": "4bd805f5-b4eb-422b-96b6-734ddf892f86",
"Value": "\"She died with honor. Like a true Hellknight. Like a soldier. Like you should have — but failed — to do.\""

I have no idea what class he could be. I mean, he was in the hellknights so maybe he'll have some levels in that.

Desiderius

Patron
Sosiel isn't really that interesting. I usually use Daeran in place of him most of the time.
I'm more interested in recruiting his older brother. He's not implemented in the current beta but voice files (including ones similar to companions like combat lines) and camping dialogue has been found.

this was in the enGB localization file.

"Key": "fddcb78c-f2f9-4841-979d-548df81f6606",
"Value": "\"I've heard of you, Paralictor Derenge. Some good, some bad.\""

"Key": "bbbf439c-6fe3-42fb-9f12-95dea489d67f",
"Value": "\"And I have heard plenty about you, Trever Vaenic, while traveling with your brother...\""

"Key": "b6b004bd-7e54-44a5-9098-23f04c190d6b",
"Value": "\"Will you tell me how my Marenta died?\""

"Key": "4bd805f5-b4eb-422b-96b6-734ddf892f86",
"Value": "\"She died with honor. Like a true Hellknight. Like a soldier. Like you should have — but failed — to do.\""

I have no idea what class he could be. I mean, he was in the hellknights so maybe he'll have some levels in that.

It would be interesting if Trever's example stiffens his brother's spine.

Playwise Daeran and Sosiel both are outstanding. Obv perfect setting for Divine casters.

Desiderius

Patron
Now that I'm almost through the beta for the first time I can say definitively that this is BG3. Looking forward to playing D:OSIII as well but there's no way they're topping this:

Cult Leader Star.jpg

Check out Warpriest Cult Leader here. This is three self-buffs (Divine Power, Righteous Might, and Eaglesoul), Lead Blades from Oread, and some DEX shoes (and nothing else). And he also gets five sneak dice. Also gets Luck re-roll Blessing.

AeonEqualForce.jpg

Aeon Equal Force buff 10 min/lvl, not personal. Gives -2 on full BAB attax, +5 on all attax -10 BAB or more.

seelahonehand100crit.jpg

Pal Seelah hits 100 one-handed.

Reg Goggles.jpg

Perfect Goggles for Reg. He now has Dreadful, Shatter, Cornugan, and the Thug Shaken upgrade to Fear via Hellknight.

This one is just for Pink Eye warning: (insane) relic helmet

naice gear.jpg

Sick Gear.jpg

Some uh interesting buildarounds...

Pounce hit.jpg

Kitsune Student of War Pounce on Hard with Disarming Strike.

Diarming Strike Pounce.jpg
Demon kind of meh, first time I've tried it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
BTW, Disarming Strike now works backwards and anyone can take it. You get a free Disarm on a crit instead of a free swing on a successful Disarm. Looks like it's triggering on regular attax? Maybe only on a Pounce following a crit? Would have to test more to see.

In any case probably better since once something is Disarmed it's more or less toast because it starts triggering AoOs everywhere.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3246573

New Music Video by Dryante - Wrath of the Righteous OST

Between the terrors of war, demonic corruption, and struggle for life and sanity, crusaders desperately need a chance to rest and recuperate.

They are relieved as the cheerful music reaches their ears from the nearest tavern, filling their minds with joy and bringing hope for a new dawn.

And if there is a true master of such music, that is, of course, Dryante, our good friend and a gifted composer. We are thrilled to reveal his new amazing music video for Wrath of the Righteous:

If you enjoyed this as much as we did, and you are interested to learn more, take a look at our interview with him:

https://youtu.be/gKjXqqVnoYE?t=605

Also, don’t forget to check out his previous videos for Kingmaker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfh9jwzDMeU

And Wrath of the Righteous:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugYTJNSzseU

Your Owlcats

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Not self-published after all: https://venturebeat.com/2021/07/14/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous-finds-a-digital-publisher-meta/

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous finds a digital publisher: Meta
Pathfinder-Wrath-of-the-Righteous.png

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is launching September 2 for PC (with consoles at an unannounced date). Deep Silver’s Prime Matter label is handling the physical console editions, and now we know who is taking care of digital publishing: Meta.

The Cyprus-based publisher announced the deal for Owlcat’s upcoming RPG today. The studio had planned to self-publish Wrath of the Righteous before making this arrangement. This is is a notable move for Meta, which launched its publishing business in 2019. It’s the biggest brand in the company’s profile, which includes Armored Warfare (a modern tank MMO).

“[It’s] hugely important. Working with a brand like Pathfinder is incredible for us and also a big responsibility. There are only a few IPs of this importance in the setting of high fantasy,” Meta CEO Ilya Salamatov said over email. “With Pathfinder: Wrath of Righteous, we’re aiming to make the CRPG genre more attractive to wider audiences.”

Salamatov also teased that Meta is working on a PS5 and Xbox Series X/S game. “… [It] will focus on themes that for some reason were not so common in games until now. If all goes well, we aim to announce it this year,” he said.

This is one of the most high-profile games that Meta has agreed to publish, but it’s not the first big name to sign up with company. Salamatov notes that it published Biped in 2020 for PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and Switch. It’s a game from Next Studio, which Tencent owns. It’s team has previous experience with bigger names as well.

“Our team members worked on development and publishing titles like Battlefield, FIFA Online 4, The Witcher 2-3, Star Wars, Divinity, Eve Online, Total War, and many others,” he said. “So we know a thing or two about working with big game brands.”

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is a digital adaptation of the tabletop RPG campaign of the same name. It builds on the work Owlcat did with Pathfinder: Kingmaker. It uses the same engine with all the improvements that the studio made after the release of Kingmaker. And it has new classes and mechanics, such as the Cavalier (with a mount) and mythic character paths for Angels and Liches. Other improvements include a camera that rotates (something sorely missing from Kingmaker), better weather effects, and more details for NPC character models.

Pathfinder: Kingmaker (combined with Outward) has sold more than 1.2 million copies on PC and console as of 2020 for Koch Media, helping Owlcat raise $1 million in funding from GEM Capital in 2019.

Update, 7:48 a.m. Pacific on Wednesday: Owlcat clarified that the 1.2 million copies sold figure is actually the combined sales figures for Pathfinder: Kingmaker and Outward.

Desiderius

Patron
What does a publisher... you know... publish?

Is Wrath going to be available on 5 1/4" ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom