Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah but skalds rage...kind of wasted on dex builds. I mean battle scion is nice for team feats sharing but I got suspicion they won't play well later in the game.

There's a Skald Archetype that boosts DEX if you want it. Seelah, Sosiel, and Daeran all want STR although Daeran's mostly casting. Best Skald is probably the one that boosts CHR and INT when it starts working. Those are the hard things to get.

Desiderius

Patron
Ugh... why all companions are DEX focused? Except Silah it is... kinda cringe man.
Because all the companions are shit and they expect you to use mercs.

Are you really this retarded?

Seelah8FortheKang.jpg

Or maybe they want to make melee mc tank/fighter a thing. For one we got a gazillion of archers for some reason, wizard rogue/wiz, etc.

A gazillion archers? Lann and Wend are either/or for most of the game if not all and the other doesn't show up until much later.

What game are you fucktards playing?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I'm not entirely certain, but I'm going to speculate that it is because Combat Reflexes -> Seize the Moment can proc as much as your DEX modifier(s) will allow you to. Whereas Outflank seems to be aimed at STR builds, which may allow you for 1, maybe 2 procs.
It may be an indirect way of helping newbies at the game.

This, indirectly, points out how MCA was ahead of the curve with Nok-Nok, by the way.

As always, I ain't no master in mechanics, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Meh. One of the best Mythics is Ever Ready so if you want to get to Seize you can Tactician it* but most people don't even want Reflexes. Cam gets an extra AoO from Battle Master etc... If you're triggering Outflank shit should already be dead.

* - Tactician is better than it looks so its an idea but I'm enjoying Shake it Off saved for bosses.

Efe

Erudite
A vision of someone plinking with bows on ember daeran and nenio passes before your eyes.
You want to wake up but they have already taken weapon focus feats for each of them.

Desiderius

Patron
Ember is an Elf. She ends up with like five different action economies, none of them easy not to suck at. And I had Nenio Pouncing so they nerfed her to 5 STR. Daeran, yeah, he can fight ok just Enlarged with a STR belt but his Holy nukeage is too good to pass up.

There was a guy on Discord - good guy, could tell he’s played a lot of PnP - splashing Overwhelming Soul on Daeran to “give him an attack” I shit you not.

Daeran was MVP on the Hard Demon at Chapel. Spammed Crusader’s Edge and then Demoralize in combat to turn on Shatter. So many good options and they always manage to find the bad ones.

Thonius

Arcane
Or maybe they want to make melee mc tank/fighter a thing. For one we got a gazillion of archers for some reason, wizard rogue/wiz, etc.

A gazillion archers? Lann and Wend are either/or for most of the game if not all and the other doesn't show up until much later.

What game are you fucktards playing?
There is also a succubi girl, and an undead ranger, right? Making it 3 archer dudes.

Modding your game day one, just like founding fathers intended.
Ugh... why all companions are DEX focused? Except Silah it is... kinda cringe man.
Because all the companions are shit and they expect you to use mercs.
I mean.... at least some parts are false. They do not expect players to use mercs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

There's no difference between playing with mercs and using that mod except you don't lose out on the companions. Best of both worlds. And if you have some backbone and play with fun builds of your own devices instead of mixmaxing the shit out of 6 characters, it won't hurt game balance either. Everybody wins. Well, except the larpers, but fuck those guys

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
There is also a succubi girl, and an undead ranger, right? Making it 3 archer dudes.

One at the beginning, one at lvl 10, and one you have to be a certain evil class and give up one of the best bows in the game to get.

Not a gazillion.

Desiderius

Patron

There's no difference between playing with mercs and using that mod except you don't lose out on the companions. Best of both worlds. And if you have some backbone and play with fun builds of your own devices instead of mixmaxing the shit out of 6 characters, it won't hurt game balance either. Everybody wins. Well, except the larpers, but fuck those guys

Just play the fucking companions?

They're already way more optimized than P:K because all you babies cried so much.

Desiderius

Patron
But what you’re saying isn’t true. There are four STR-based companions, and Regill can fight Hybrid. You get a lot of damage from abilities and things like Holy and Force so STR or DEX damage is less important in any case.

As pointed out an Archer main (or better a Bomber) is a perfect fit since Lann wants Shortbow or Wend wants dual throwing axes. DEX-based main could be a little crowded but Cam is specific weapon and Wolj is gone for a good while.

There’s room for whatever you want.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
It's about MC class.. What if I want to make archer mc? or main dex char... I'll be forced to toss away STR-based items etc
Probably, you will have to match the MC role with her/his Mythic path. I have no idea how, but Mythics are strong, right?

And modding companions is the same as using mercs. Their stats are the part of their characters, and their quests are pointless with different stats. Valerie is not Valerie if she is smarter than Nok-Nok. So if one has any semblance of the story in mind then might as well ditch the companions altogether. And if one does not care about the story then why play with the companions anyway?

Also, regarding optimized companions in WotR... I don't know. Surely, for some local lord in a ruined kingdom only trash will come to call. But to consciously go to the Worldwound people should be prepared. So incompetence + bolstering, or clumsiness in the front line, or awkwardness of the person who is supposed to be an inspiring public singer will not cut it.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
But what you’re saying isn’t true. There are four STR-based companions, and Regill can fight Hybrid. You get a lot of damage from abilities and things like Holy and Force so STR or DEX damage is less important in any case.

As pointed out an Archer main (or better a Bomber) is a perfect fit since Lann wants Shortbow or Wend wants dual throwing axes. DEX-based main could be a little crowded but Cam is specific weapon and Wolj is gone for a good while.

Why should Lann go shortbow?

Desiderius

Patron

Why should Lann go shortbow?

Because his damage dice grow like the fists of a Monk/Warpriest regardless of weapon and you get a +3 Short way before anything comparable Long. Long isn't bad either but he does he same damage with either so might as well let some else have Long like Aru. She's locked into bow but not necessarily Long, she could even go XBow since she doesn't have Lann's STR.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Aru's Favored Enemy is fixed:

Aru Fav Enemy Fixed.jpg

Since she shares half of it with the whole team that's a big deal. She originally had Favored Enemy Evil Outsiders which would be too stupid good if she were sharing that with the team so they divided Demons up into three categories and made them no longer count for Favored Enemy Evil Outsiders. At the time they forgot to update Aru so she went from owning everything to owning next to nothing. Now she starts with Humans, then Demons of Magic twice which are the ones you want her targeting so a good start.

Now they need to do the same for Demonslayer Ranger archetype.

Desiderius

Patron
Well in MC is a Furry why not?

Triceratops in action.jpg

Aru shooting her shot here:

Triceratops in Jail.jpg

Definitely because I brought the Triceratops.

Efe

Erudite
where is the triceratops? how long is temporary duration? can you ride it? can a character with existing animal companion ride it? does it get a bonus from boon companion? questions questions...

New items are very unique. I found one that was adding fast healing to bard songs and the azata summon that was posted earlier.

Desiderius

Patron
You cannot ride it. It's main purpose seems to be to teach people how pets aren't always a good idea.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Just play the fucking companions?

They're already way more optimized than P:K because all you babies cried so much.

The primary enjoyment I get from this game is playing around with crazy builds. Why would a I restrict this to one character instead of 6? If the companions are built well, odds are my shit tier tinkering will reduce their power (especially if they cheat on stats since I use point buy when I respec them). Whether that’s true or not I will definitely enjoy managing six builds more than 1.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
I like current roster.
Storywise game could have used more religious and fighter types that you'd expect to see on worldwound. since demon path is a thing not only those but cultists and such too.
Though if you ask me who to trade for such a character, I probably can't choose. (besides sosiel in a heartbeat)

Sharpedge

Prophet
I thought the companion builds were mostly fine. If anything in my opinion, the stat allocation of some companions should be lower. Arueshalae looks like an animal companion her stats are so high.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom