Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
Base stats quickly become pretty meaningless, Aru you get late enough, when that's already the case.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Stoneshard composer joined Owlcat:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3257529

For Heroic Deeds, the Right Music

Hello, crusaders!

As you know, music is an important part of our games and that's why it should be memorable and of highest quality. Today we introduce a new composer, who helped bring the music of Pathfinder: Wrath Of The Righteous to life. Meet Pawel Perepelica, composer and multi-instrumentalist from the city Pyatigorsk in southern Russia.

Where the Faithful Lose Their Way - one of music themes, written by Pawel

We were impressed by Pawel's music, written for the game Stoneshard. The rich and atmospheric sound of his music themes was perfect in setting the right mood, and voices of all instruments were incredibly vibrant. Astonished by Pawel's talent, we invited him to work on music for our game — luckily, he agreed.

4e8513394417b12d605ef8bb834b19ef_original.jpg

A distinctive feature of his creative style is the use of various stringed instruments: guitar, cello, banjo, mandolin, bouzouki, cymbals and many others. Pavel also often creates his own instruments from what he has on hand, and records unusual and unconventional sounds that make his music truly unique. The vocal parts in his tracks are also performed by Pawel himself.

8067f0ceefc1dcbb147efdebf55bc8f0_original.jpg

We hope you'll enjoy music in the final version of the game. Don't forget to add it to your wishlists on Steam and GoG — release is just around the corner!

Your Owlcats.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The primary enjoyment I get from this game is playing around with crazy builds. Why would a I restrict this to one character instead of 6? If the companions are built well, odds are my shit tier tinkering will reduce their power (especially if they cheat on stats since I use point buy when I respec them). Whether that’s true or not I will definitely enjoy managing six builds more than 1.

Because you don't know what you don't know yet. I found several crazy builds for each of the first few companions in P:K, but only by using the new knowledge I was forced to obtain by working with their starting class and stats.

Restrictions spur creativity, total freedom produces fyre festival. This is the road to faceroll.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
You can build Kingmaker's companions way, way more OP without respec than the zany builds I did WITH respec and the game was still a faceroll on Unfair lategame (early and early mid had good difficulty). So i don't agree with you in either case.

(also all the posturing you do with regards to this game is still kind of lulzy, you're not a rocket scientist for understanding Pathfinder, mate :D)

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
I like current roster.
Storywise game could have used more religious and fighter types that you'd expect to see on worldwound. since demon path is a thing not only those but cultists and such too.
Though if you ask me who to trade for such a character, I probably can't choose. (besides sosiel in a heartbeat)

Definitely didn't need buckbroken companion but mechanically he plays extraordinarily well, especially with new Luck Domain. The Swift Charm was great but narrow, Touch of Luck is like Blessing of the Faithful on Steroids. The second Luck ability is just nuts though.

Last edited:

Thonius

Arcane
There are like 0 reasons for wenduag not to be a melee fighter or slayer for example. No reason for Lann not to be just melee mon other than hunter back ground, monks can use slings, right?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Does this part of Pathfinder will have any type of kingdom/castle/base management too?

Right now it isn’t functional so maybe they’re considering removing it altogether. They should just explicitly match the HoMM cities with the appropriate MC alignment and use those. You’re not improving on that system.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
why is every thread is desiderius rusty grunker triumvirate today

Don't worry, my vacation ends this sunday and thus probably my return to the Codex with it. It was lovely reminiscing with you guys :love:

You can still hang out. All work and no play makes Grunker a dull boy.

My job is very fun and rewarding but it crushes my brain into paste and leaves me without the energy necessary to call you a haughty retard every day. I'll probably still pop in once in a while in the game-thread of the game I'm currently playing. And that's for sure gonna be Wrath in a year in or two. I'm sure you'll have curse-words to fling at both my strength of character and approach to the game by then, but you'll undoubtedly still answer my questions which is more than satisfactory for me!

Plus, come next summer if I stay at this job I'll have 6 weeks of complete vacation time again, and thus many days shall again be spent in the company of Codexian autism <3

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
why is every thread is desiderius rusty grunker triumvirate today

Don't worry, my vacation ends this sunday and thus probably my return to the Codex with it. It was lovely reminiscing with you guys :love:

You can still hang out. All work and no play makes Grunker a dull boy.

My job is very fun and rewarding but it crushes my brain into paste and leaves me without the energy necessary to call you a haughty retard every day. I'll probably still pop in once in a while in the game-thread of the game I'm currently playing. And that's for sure gonna be Wrath in a year in or two. I'm sure you'll have curse-words to fling at both my strength of character and approach to the game by then, but you'll undoubtedly still answer my questions which is more than satisfactory for me!

Plus, come next summer if I stay at this job I'll have 6 weeks of complete vacation time again, and thus many days shall again be spent in the company of Codexian autism <3
I heartily recommend retirement. All the vacation time you need to indulge in Codexian ridiculousness.

Desiderius

Patron
Testing out one of the sweetest new classes, Arcane Rider. Magus on horseback that shares Arcane Pool buffs like Dimension Strike with his Mount and also gets Move Action teleport of Mount and Rider that later turns into Swift with free Haste for INT bonus rounds tacked on.

So looks like the Pool ability thing is working backwards:

Arcane Rider Backwards.jpg

When you enhance your weapon the Mount gets the same Enhancement to Natural attax, which would be really good once things like adding Holy shows up. But I don't think that's how it's supposed to work. If you use Arcane Accuracy (something that should work) the Mount gets the little icon but doesn't get the bonus and the Combat Log doesn't have that little double announcement. And between the Mount mechanics and the Spell Combat mechanics this is one you're really going to want to practice with on TB first probably.

Any advice on handling the Casting Defensively problem? Since you don't generally get attacked on Horseback this class loses Medium and Heavy Prof but.... if you're out there triggering AoOs that will get you attacked. You could turn that in your favor by using Trickster Mobility since you want to jack Mobility anyway to protect your mount but it takes awhile to get there. Is it worth it to take Combat Casting?

Unlike other classes this one can cast while Mounted (obviously) but of course my first non-touch spell was a Color Spray that hit the mount itself.

Desiderius

Patron
This is a pretty sweet option for all those Winter Witches out there:

Frost Smilo.jpg

Anyone having difficulty with early fights don't forget that this is a thing:

Seelah Prayer Scrolls.jpg

No save either. There is more than one Prayer scroll in the Maze.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Arcane rider looks like the best choice for a mounted character to me. Can they do it all on a Dino?

I also only play rtwp so I'll just have to figure it out the hard way

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom