Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Thonius, Apr 29, 2020.

1. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    Yeah, I didn't include it in the screenshot and didn't have a save available to go back and look again. Like I said, I believe it was 19, which means a +4 str bonus, and leaves 9 unaccounted for assuming they had weapon specialization (which I don't recall seeing either). I'm on Core, so there shouldn't be any boosts, but whenever I make it back to that house, I'll check again.

^ Top  
  2. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Str. of 21. Besides power attack and weapon spec already mentioned, sheet says he's got piranha strike and weapon training (listed twice, once just as weapon training and another as weapon training light blades).

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    I am out atm, will post tomorrow. The composition is MC/Seelah/Nenio/Greybor/Woljif/Arueshalae.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    That gets it a lot closer, but should still be a damage bonus of only 16, right? 4 from power attack (doubled), 4 from piranha strike (doubled), 5 from strength, 1 from weapon training, 2 from weapon specialization.

^ Top  
  5. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Ahh of course, completely forgot about weapon training.

Odd that he would have Piranha Strike AND Power Attack, usually those aren't used together

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    No, you cannot benefit from PA and PS at the same time:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    There is a mod for Kingmaker that literally does this, it reduces the benefit from Insane stat scaling early on, and raises it towards the end of the game

Slightly disappointing that Owlcat haven't figured out to do this by themselves

^ Top  
  8. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    I didn't mind the harsh difficulty early. I minded the lax difficulty late. And people seemed to think this was fixed in Wrath

^ Top  
  9. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Yes, you would think so from the description. Alas, you are wrong.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 3
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. santino27 Arcane Patron

santino27
    Crazy that they are allowed together. Do you know if that's an Owlcat implementation or a TT thing?

^ Top  
  11. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    There's some of that on Hard/Unfair in Wrath but there's also spikes.

^ Top  
  12. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    OC almost certainly. Not reason you shouldn't be allowed to use both. They're not very good in this setting.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    I would say it's a bug. Seems it was like this in kingmaker too. Either they never bothered to fix it, or it was always intended and the description is wrong.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    Wait what??

^ Top  
  15. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    ^ Top  
  16. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    I think I took Pitanha a grand total of once. It only made sense late because Unfair plateaued too early. PA was a prereq and multiplied the STR bonus and Deadly had the hat but no reason to take Piranha.

^ Top  
  17. Yosharian Magister

Yosharian
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • /facepalm/ /facepalm/ x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Ibn Sina Savant Patron

Ibn Sina
    Strap Yourselves In
    the first portrait you see in-game and a consistent presence you can't get rid off until late-game is a tranny.

• meh x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    and that's the way wotr players like it, bigot
    this game is MADE by trannies FOR trannies!!

• rolleyes rolleyes x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Ibn Sina Savant Patron

Ibn Sina
    Strap Yourselves In
    the entire game consists of paths where you can simp for various women. Paizo is in the business of promoting cuckery and femboynism, not rpgs

• rolleyes x 4
    • incline x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Shadenuat Arcane

Shadenuat
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Owlcat proudly stands with its transgender sisters at the rpgcodex

• Funny Funny x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Desiderius
    Owlcat is living in 1989. The question is whether a side character who isn't even a companion serves as a camel toe inside the tent or as an attempted retreat to a viable surrender.

Anyone familiar with present-day trans politics and the money and muscle behind it knows that the entire hairy ass of that camel is already inside the tent stinking up the joint and any sign of retreat on their part is a welcome advance for the good guys.

I say we chalk this one up, accept the olive branch and stand vigilant against any backsliding.

Simping for various women? Which women? As with InEffective memetards minmaxxing for 3.5 and playing the whole game underleveled and so crying for nerfs you phaggots are seeing what you want to see instead of what's there. Most of what I see on the femael side are a bunch of overdrawn cunts simping for me. And a send-up of a "fucking love science" nerd chick along with a no Gods no Masters Soyertard trying to win over the world for Niceanity. Easygoing big black momma who can get some shit done is in fact a thing on the ground here in the states and a welcome alternative to the pissed off entitlement queen the corporate media likes to push. But nobody's seriously simping for her.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    I stand with the transgender women at the rpgcodex like Desiderius, do not let the bigots bother you.

• nice nice x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    D_X here are some screenshots of this particular MC and their party. Keep in mind, almost all of my previous pathfinder experience was playing solo, so I am unfamiliar with building characters for team play and so made some mistakes along the way. There are likely to be several things you can improve. I have also added some commentary on each character.

Selene (My MC).
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I played this character as a supportive cleric with a heavy emphasis on buffing party saves and attack rolls, as well as reducing the same things on enemies. Guarded Hearth is a great ability to use when you encounter a boss, but unless you intend to rest spam I wouldn't bother using it outside of that. At level 9 I took 1 level in Zen Archer as well as weapon focus: shortbow. This was to take advantage of the following weapon on this character, with the monk's perfect strike ability in addition to the extra AC.
    [​IMG]
    Looking back, I should have just stuck it on Lann at the time and then moved it onto Arueshalae, but I had already decided I wanted Lann to use a longbow and I was determined to stick with my decision. When it came down to Mythic feats, I did strongly consider taking additional domains. The Knowledge domain provides an aura which allows allies to reroll their attack rolls and take the better result. The Luck domain also had a nice bonus (I forgot what) and the Nobility domain had an aura which granted +2 insight to attack rolls to everyone within it. The repose domain early on is also exceedingly good for lazyness (and I do like being lazy), with an aura that provides immunity to death effects. In the end I decided not to go those routes, but they are definitely a good option. Guide to the Faithful is a really nice penalty to inflict on enemies, reducing their AC by 4. Definitely my favorite option out of the available ones.

Here is Seelah.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In retrospect power attack may not have been worth using, you get so many powerful buffs from angel that add many damage dice, that the extra hit chance from not using power attack may not be worth it. Last Stand on the other hand, proved to be exceedingly good and in future play I will probably take it even earlier, especially if I decide to try a full unfair run at some point. It is hard to overstate just how useful those extra rounds can be. Once I got to Drezen, I found a really nice Scimitar in 1 of the shops which gave bonuses when you have an animal companion. Since she had an animal companion it seemed like an ideal fit for her and so I ended up deciding to make that her permanent weapon choice. I was not expecting the significantly better scimitar with 3d6 fire damage you get later on, which ended up making it an even better decision.

Arueshalae.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I decided to let her inherit the position Lann had been occupying with the Longbows. Not much to comment about her really, she performed up to expectations. I am not really sure how I feel about Always a Chance however in retrospect, its probably worth missing that feat entirely.

Greybor.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not much to say about him either really, other than the fact I really wish I had taken last stand a whole lot earlier than I did.

Woljif.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Probably the most controversial decision I made. Very early on I realized I really was not taking advantage of his magic much and that I valued his sneak attack dice much, much more. He was already set up to easily go Arcane Trickster and Arcane Trickster gets Sneak Attack die more often than Eldritch Scoundrel does. As a result of that I decided to go full in on Arcane Trickster instead, pretty much reserving any spell slots he acquired for a couple of personal buffs.

Nenio.
    Show Spoiler

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I played her in a similar fashion to my MC, except in her case focusing on buffs and control spells. I let my MC handle any dispel checks however, since they would cost Nenio 2 spell slots instead of only 1.

If you have any other questions about my characters just ask, otherwise I think that covers most of it.

• Brofist Brofist x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.