Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Discussion in 'Owlcat Games' started by Thonius, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Unwanted
    Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Inspiring Command +2 bonus isn't just to attack rolls. And it has WIS bonus + 3 uses per day at rnd/2 per level each use. In other words at will by midgame. AoE. Insight.

For the love of God ppl pls consider thinking beyond the release day memes.

AT on Wolj makes my head hurt. Double Debilitation is the best ability in the game.

O/W thanks for all the thought you put into this. Very impressive.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    Yeah I know. Its really good and I was seriously considering taking it, but I didn't want to splash into 50 different domains on the cleric. It doesn't really fit the character (imo).
    Yeah, it was probably a mistake to make.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Sharpedge Savant

Sharpedge
    For the next character I am wanting to take a look at either Azata or Demon, probably Demon just for the contrast. Looking at its set of mythic feats though it does look very underwhelming and I am not quite sure what would fit well with it at all. Maybe a vivisectionist? Its easier to figure something out for Azata anyhow.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Percy Cipher

Percy
    Reeeeeee: The Tranny Talk. We all know this stuff going to be moved to retardo.

Sharpedge, great post but Woljif as pure scoundrel owns.

I think most companions should be kept to their original class except for:

• Lann - dubious benefits outside certain levels of Zen Archer
    • Regil - Hellknight kinda sux
    • Daeran/Sosiel - if you feel like you don't need two clerics maybe multiclass one. (Not sure what is best outcome)
    • Nenio - I like making her an arcane trickster.

^ Top  
  5. Percy Cipher

Percy
    I've been messing around with toybox, I think Demon sucks.

Azata has some strong feats but you need to be gay.

^ Top  
  6. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Unwanted
    Azata has best caster support.

Nenio doesn’t need AT either since her Illusion stuff owns. She’s going to end up Loremaster once that’s in game.

Hellknight… doesn’t suck. You’ll see.

Sos wants to stay single class for his Domain abilities which are all insane and to get to Frightful. Same with Daeran. Since they both start with the Channeling Feats they’re kind of priced in. Guess you could go Order of the Star Cav? Meh.

Unfortunately only Lann and Seelah lend themselves well to multiclassing (Wolj ES12/Vivi 8 is appealing tho if you’re CMing) and even there you’re probably not gaining a ton because Pal owns.

Note: Shouts bypass SR and Monk’s (i.e. Lann’s) scales all the way up to 20d6 and the DC would be the equivalent of a 10th level spell.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  7. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Thanks for sharing, you're a real bro. I suck at building characters and, besides experimenting and trying shit out for myself, peeking at what other people do really helps me to git gud.

Demons is kinda meh. Story wise it has it's ups and downs, but the very best part (and once you begin to stack aspects it gets real good) of it is gated behind demonic rage and when I tried it out in the beta, I was stuck with 2 per day until ch.4 so kind of very little fun allowed.

Azata is pretty cool and
    totally not gay with some great story moments and should work well with pretty much anything. Tried it out with an AT sorc with elemental bloodline so I could convert all spells to my ascended element and with Zippy Magic + Sorcerous Reflex, at AT 10 it was pretty fun to shot 4 to 6 Chain Lightnings with Sneak Dice in one round. I'm running through it again right now with a Reformed Fiend.

Why tho? It takes a hell of a lot of levels to bring her online as an AT since you need to shove 4 regualr feats and at least one Mythic into her (Precise, Point Blank, both Spell Pen. and Mythic Spell Pen.) none of which she has when you first get her.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Unwanted
    Pro tip: don’t take single target feats on Nenio. Her bread and butter spells are enemies only AoE and her blinding Ray is good against Archers and casters who aren’t in melee.

AT is a P:K release day meme. Open your minds.

^ Top  
  9. Percy Cipher

Percy
    Why tho? It takes a hell of a lot of levels to bring her online as an AT since you need to shove 4 regualr feats and at least one Mythic into her (Precise, Point Blank, both Spell Pen. and Mythic Spell Pen.) none of which she has when you first get her.[/QUOTE]

I'm lazy and like auto attack a lot.

I only try for hard battles.

However, you're right - I have been building casters sub optimally (as buff bots, healers etc) so I'll make a better effort.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Cheers!! Cheers!! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Unwanted
    Here’s how I auto-atk with Nenio:

Phantasmal Putrefaction -> Phantasmal Web -> Rainbow Pattern.

Mythic Spell Pen, Mythic Spell Focus Illusion, Magician’s Ring, Amulet of Clarity, Darven’s Hat, Staff of Good Caster.

AoE Enemies only no muss no fuss. Learn it love it.

• feels good man feels good man x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Speaking of class for Demon path - Illusionist gnome. Really. IIRC, Aspect of Incubus increases DC, Succubus tanks Will saves and Nabasu Fort saves. So yeah, a tiny mustache twirling gnome raging around spamming Phantasmal Killer and Weird would be glorious. :lol:

^ Top  
  12. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    Why? We're just discussing topics that are actually in the game.
    Or are you going to deny it?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Percy Cipher

Percy
    You know as well as I know it will be retardo'd.

A tranny fighting for the crusade is on the wrong side.

"Alexis, are we the baddies?"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Someone has issues Someone has issues x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Unwanted
    She doesn’t act like a MtF. Wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out the surg was to repair multilated girl parts from earlier failed FtM.

She’s the butch and the Orc’s the femme but compared to Western shit it’s super chill and easily avoided. You have to ask about it twice.

The future is Kingdom Come style realism. This is them trying to maintain a respectful foothold. Boston marriages are in fact trad so whatever.

The Tranny Sue is a flat character with no obvious flaws so it is what it is. A compromise.

• WTF am I reading x 3
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • incline x 1
    • butthurt x 1
    • (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Cyberarmy Love fool Patron

Cyberarmy
    Divinity: Original Sin 2
    IMHO demon is best for raging classes right now. Especially Bloodrager, but that's because bloodrager is kinda OP and goes with everything.

^ Top  
  16. Saravan Savant

Saravan
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Did they fix stacking demon rage with class rage?

^ Top  
  18. Desiderius Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard Patron

Unwanted
    Yeah, yeah, yeah it’s all fun and games til Skynet puts your species out. Transsexual-> transhuman -> transorganic.

It’s worth some strategic thought.

• Makes you think... Makes you think... x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Saravan Savant

Saravan
    Good thing a Russian developer that made a product for a specific group (gamers) within a niche segment of the market (cRPG) decided to create a strategic fantasy trans character to combat the inevitable collapse of human beings as we know it. You are beyond delusional with this game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • consume product consume product x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Grunker RPG Codex Ghost Patron

Grunker
    strategic tranny

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 7
    • nice nice x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    Now I know you're shitposting. Anevia being a tranny is Paizo's shit. Only way to know this is either to read about the AP or pass a persuasion check with massive DC which, right now, isn't even in the game. So, as it is, you can actually say that Owlcat retconned part of the shitshow.

Edit: Back to serious shit - how did you fine folks that progressed past ch.3 do it since the crusade shit is fucked? Supposedly you can just go through the demon forts, but it doesn't work for me and, so far, the only solution I have is cheat myself resources to buy mercs but this is an extremely tedious and long ass process.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Percy Cipher

Percy
    Gay half orc paladin is sign of the times I guess.

• gimme dem dolla bills gimme dem dolla bills x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Saravan Savant

Saravan
    So what? How difficult is it to just say something along the lines of "yeah it's pretty bad that's there but the character building and combat mechanics, and X & Y elements of the game are so great that I don't care". Instead Desiderius as usual demonstrate his massive autism to try cope with every potential flaw. It's tragicomedy in a sense.

• Yes Yes x 1
    • (autism) (autism) x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. fantadomat Arcane Edgy

fantadomat
    This pic is just gold,you have a chinless spineless thing on the left,a hemansheman tranny thing on the right and accountant cuck watching a video of his wife getting fucked by tyron in the middle. The thing on the left is the weirdest,imagine a tranny having more manly and defined muscular features than you lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. D_X Arcane Patron

D_X
    That's not a tranny, that's just how the average german woman looks like.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Heresy Heresy x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.