Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Well apparently some people do play on those platforms, I find it hard to believe too but there you go. I've had messages on my Steam page from people who couldn't use mods because they play on console, asking for builds etc

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How dare you roll your eyes at me Hap! The damn game isn't finished, brother. You gonna tell me that they aren't fixing game-breaking bugs a few weeks after the launch of the ENHANCED EDITION? Come on man. Can we get real for just one moment here? The state of the game is fucking shocking.

The lategame Demon forms still have PLACEHOLDER ICONS FOR KEY ABILITIES and MISSING TEXT IN WEAPON NAMES. How are we gonna say that this is a finished game.

Eh, I've seen lots of buggy games. The sad reality is that very few good games are mostly bug-free. And almost none of them on release.
For me, the game was is sufficient shape to enjoy playing on release. Its in better shape now (although, to be fair, it does appear that we mosly "Enhanced" the bugs with the new Edition, rather then fix the game as most have hoped).

None game before Wrath offered Mythic Paths or mounts. Few can rival its encounter and level design. Character creation and development is crazily complex and I love it!
So I am grateful to the devs for such a fantastic experience, even if the various bugs & features sometimes cast a shadow on it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
How dare you roll your eyes at me Hap! The damn game isn't finished, brother. You gonna tell me that they aren't fixing game-breaking bugs a few weeks after the launch of the ENHANCED EDITION? Come on man. Can we get real for just one moment here? The state of the game is fucking shocking.

The lategame Demon forms still have PLACEHOLDER ICONS FOR KEY ABILITIES and MISSING TEXT IN WEAPON NAMES. How are we gonna say that this is a finished game.

Eh, I've seen lots of buggy games. The sad reality is that very few good games are mostly bug-free. And almost none of them on release.
For me, the game was is sufficient shape to enjoy playing on release. Its in better shape now (although, to be fair, it does appear that we mosly "Enhanced" the bugs with the new Edition, rather then fix the game as most have hoped).

None game before Wrath offered Mythic Paths or mounts. Few can rival its encounter and level design. Character creation and development is crazily complex and I love it!
So I am grateful to the devs for such a fantastic experience, even if the various bugs & features sometimes cast a shadow on it.
Yeah I'm still playing it again and loving it. Whenever I figure out some new way to attack it (like supertank Seelah) I want to try all the content again to see how that changes things, and BubbleBuff + TTT/Dark Codex are both a massive step up in convenience/functionality/sense-making/variety.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
But at least the game is coming out on consoles! Yay!

god, I cannot fathom this game on consoles. Who would torture themselves like this?
I've seen some people streaming it on console. The UI seems as good as it could be, I'd imagine it's a pain selecting spells on high level sorcerers though, at least with prepared casters and Arcanists it only needs to show the spells you actually prepared.

St Bernard

Barely Literate
Have they fixed the difficulties since Kingmaker? I remember Hard being a touch too rng focused, challenging to be a bit too easy, and unfair to be an unfun save/loading simulator.

Is there a single refined hardest difficulty like Path of the Damned?

user

Savant
Question - wanted to level up a swarm character, but when I use toybox to check out swarm and use swarm feast, its visual effect disappears after a couple of seconds, which sucks. Anyone else having this problem?

Desiderius

Patron
TIL you can come back with full party to Daeran's Mansion after completing his quest to pick up some good items (o/w only MC gets skill check):

Wolj Perception check in Daeran's House.jpg

Darven's Hat an especially good one, but so's the Wand if you've got some UMD on a vulnerable character. Image is good for surviving the first round on a front-liner:

Bit of Fun saving MC vs Derakni Hard.jpg

That's Bit of Fun on Scion MC (worth passing up the Gore from Demon? Along with +3 to all skill checks I think it is since second Demon ability seems bad), but Image is also great as insurance on characters that don't get attacked that often since it's min/lvl. There's also some scrolls in the bedroom.

Dimension Door Wand.jpg

From the Map with the Kobold Bard advisor. This is why I like high Perception on multiple characters with at least one having Trapfinding for the scaling, stacking bonus. Having Door always up is *really* good but don't want to burn a permanent slot.

From TTT Mythic Tweaks a great Mythic addition for a tank:

Nat 20 missing vs Seelah Not a Chance Mythic.jpg

Unless my math is off looks like it's just giving a miss on nat 20 instead of turning it into a normal roll (should have to beat AB by 20 for a miss). Seelah is usually there anyway with Fighting Defensively and Combat Expertise up. With that +7 Deflection Ring from DLC I think she can tank Unfair. The item that converts Smite AC to Sacred early ch3 would be huge.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Some other highlights:

Wolj Leading with True Strike vs Vesc Queen Hard.jpg

Here Wolj leads off the Vescavor Queen fight with a True Strike Charge to establish Debilitating Strike. Since he has Bookworm's Headband he's immune to the high DC Confusion effect. Should probably just throw some skeletons in there to give him some flankers and leave everybody else back until the Gibber wears off. Maybe next time. Should probably also have Vitals up but was using him for Cat's Grace and Abundant is nerfed in TTT.

Wend vs Vesc Queen Hard.jpg

Super-high Intimidate on Scion gets there setting up Wend to slay with help from Debilitating and Hampering Hex from Cam. Hex kicks up to -4 next level so subbed in Sosiel after this fight (he's good to handle the dialogue at the beginning of the area, but then isn't available to fight) to give Wend advantage as Swift Action in Cave.

Swarm Stunned by Abrupt Force Hard.jpg

Abrupt Force Scimitar can Stun Swarms, and they can also be Shaken/Feared. Detainer Slow keeps them safely at range for a couple turns.

Abrupt Force Derakni Hard Stunned.jpg

It can also Stun Deraknis if you have sufficient skill with the RNG.

TTT fixed Crusader's Edge vs Derakni Hard.jpg

And Wolj takes out the other one with fixed Crusader's Edge (Nauseate on crit + failed save now works, Sicken only on crit + made save) thx to TTT. All Nauseate effects were miscoded as Poison in vanilla.

Daeran Dies from Hard Derankni crit.jpg

RNG catches up with me as Daeran's Mount gets Nauseated leaving him vulnerable. Mounted Combat isn't a get out of jail free card. You can still get attacked and need to make sure Mount doesn't get incapicitated.

After this started letting Summons eat Drones and Gibbers before wading in.

Wend owning Derankni Hard with Bit of Luck.jpg

Can see here Bludgeoning doing full damage vs Swarm on MC, and how good Sosiel's Swift Domain abilities are with Wend/Lann (or any ranged character). He gets a lot of activations as well.

Seelah tanking Vrocks Hard.jpg

Seelah and MC tanking Hard Vrocks without much trouble. Let the Tankard summon eat the Screeches so you're not a sitting duck.

Protection from Arrows preventing Spores Damage.jpg

Protection from Arrows prevents Spores damage for some reason. Bless cures it.

Hunter Retriever Hard.jpg

Hard Hunter Retriever goes down without getting an attack in. To do this first pass the Athletics check (which expires your buffs even on passed check), sneak Wolj around to Disarm the trap that blocks the passage to the Vrocks, then go back to camp to rest up before coming back to take out Vrocks and Retreiver fully buffed.

Invis (plus high Stealth) on Wolj lets him get in position for Full Attack vs Flat-footed establishing Debilitating and surprise. Again don't have Vitals up yet but will when he comes back. Reduce + DEX-to-dam is enough.

Last edited:

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've cleaned integrated version of the DLC 3 at last and had the chance to confirm two important things:
1. Mirror + Cloak combo are only available in rogue-like, unless you'd cheat them with the mods.
Cloak of Sweet LiesThe wearer of this cloak gains a competence bonus to all saving throws equal to their Charisma bonus (if any). If the wearer is also under the effect of the Mirror of Beautiful Deceit, their weapon attacks deal additional damage equal to their Charisma ability score.

Mirror of Beautiful DeceitOnce per day the owner of this silver mirror can spend a standard action to look into it and gain a +4 bonus to Charisma ability score for 1 hour. This effect also grants a competence bonus to attack rolls and AC equal to the owner's Wisdom bonus (if any). If the owner is wearing the Cloak of Sweet Lies when this effect is activated, it also heals the owner for 4d8+15 HP.
And even in the rogue-like you would need at least 2 runs to get them since they are dropping from 2 different bosses that spawn in the same "slot" (Expedition #4, iirc).

2. There is one extra purple crystal for the secret ending, but it is only available in 1 of 4 DLC endings, and it is the "evil" one, so people who properly RP their good boys/girls would probably miss it.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
I never got that Cloak but I got Mirror 2 times in my 3 runs of DLC (with first run being only first 5 islands so probably that is the reason). I do not know how you are supposed to have both as I lose all items between runs.

Daidre

Arcane
I never got that Cloak but I got Mirror 2 times in my 3 runs of DLC (with first run being only first 5 islands so probably that is the reason). I do not know how you are supposed to have both as I lose all items between runs.
You can sell it to the Mimic Trader on the ship. If they hadn't patched out this item transfer route yet then I guess it works as intended.

Desiderius

Patron
I don’t think I even sold it, it just showed up there for purchase in subsequent runs once I’d found (unlocked) it?

Daidre

Arcane
I don’t think I even sold it, it just showed up there for purchase in subsequent runs once I’d found (unlocked) it?
Yes I did this with many items and it worked reliably, but I am done with rogue-like for now so I have not checked it on the most recent patches.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You can sell it to the Mimic Trader on the ship. If they hadn't patched out this item transfer route yet then I guess it works as intended.
Sure but that means I need to not use it in last fight.. what is the point then of having it.

Tsubutai

Educated
They've released a video with details of the second DLC season pass - there will be the shifter companion DLC, a follow-up to Through the Ashes, and a third DLC where you return to Kenabres with your MC to "have fun" with your companions and love interest - sounds like a rip-off of Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC. Kind of underwhelming tbh, don't think I'll be getting it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Other than maybe the new class this is nowhere near being worth the tradeoff of game getting broken further and further. Just put the fucking money into fixing what is there if you've already completely screwed up the chance to improve the game with EE.

Humbaba

Arcane
They've released a video with details of the second DLC season pass - there will be the shifter companion DLC, a follow-up to Through the Ashes, and a third DLC where you return to Kenabres with your MC to "have fun" with your companions and love interest - sounds like a rip-off of Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC. Kind of underwhelming tbh, don't think I'll be getting it.

Those look terrible

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom