Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Most of the Gargs in Garg Cave (that fight had to be balensed around somebody other than the party being able to do some damage without it all getting eaten by DR - Yaker and Reg even have Magic Weapons that don't bypass it - after the first hit that does lol*) are Humanoids with 5 HD so perfect for Scare spam (Shaken on made save, 11 SR can be bypassed consistently at lvl 7 with Robe w/o Spell Pen Feats). Rainbow Pattern from Nenio is ok but the piddly damage from the HKs is just enough to wake everything up. Confusion spam from Ember/Nenio should be decent though, and/or Slow from Wolj. Big thing is taking down Clerics and Wend + Luck Domain ability (Swift from Zealot) from Sos took care of that (would have been better with Enlarged Wend with Holy Weapon).

Gargs beelined tank Seelah so tho hardest fight yet on Hard result was never in doubt. Would have wiped on Unfair tho I think.

* - Yaker bypassing DR.jpgYaker not bypassing DR.jpg

Hurr, durr, sry we can't keep our game from shitting itself, bug reports too ambiguous. Yeah, right.

EDIT: initial bypass is from Smite Chaos, if the enhancement bonus is from Weapon Training it wouldn't bypass. But why wouldn't they be using a measly +1 Magic Weapon since there's a +2 Bastard lying around outside the Cave?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Maybe TB really is easier?

TB is like 1.5-2 difficulty levels easier.

Depends on the party, but seems like a rough estimate.
But why? I tanked with Leopard on Unfair RTwP and am tanking with Tower Seelah (with Fighting Defensively + Combat Expertise) here TB since I can't mass Zerg. Sacrifices a lot of offense for consistent defense.

That shouldn't be worth 1.5 to 2 levels, especially since I will lose Leading Strike functionality. TB gives you a little more control but not that much if you use the v button and keep an eye on the timers. Pretty sure it's been nerfed.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I disagree pretty vehemently that's it 1,5 or 2 difficulty levels - because RTwP has a few things going for it (such as rush tactics being easier and kiting being an option), but it's definitely easier since you have more control.

Longes

Augur
She's a very messed up "human" being who wants to feel powerful and in control.
She is indeed very messed up, but from what I saw, it is not a mongrel's harsh-but-honest way of living to blame, but a demonic "blessing" she got from Sava's poison and the chunk of aasimar meat (not good for sanity, what a surprise).
There are some curious unique details for the Demon Mythic - most of the mongrels completely lose coherence after exposure to Savamelekh power and utterly loyal to him (he is their creator after all) but MC Demon can force them to obey him instead. There is one variant of Prologue's final fight where Wenduag is the only companion who helps berserk-ing MC to kick Staunton ass, when MC fails Will check against the demonic rage.
Also, her behavior does make sense if you see what Demon MC is going through with his hissy fits - usually at the first sign of a confrontation his demonic instinct says to teach some wretch a painful lesson, but it does complete 180 when you meet a proper demon lord - then your inner demon's first reaction is to "shut up and grovel", which is surprisingly close to Wenduag's attitude toward strong/weak.
Incidentally, one of the additions in EE is that Wenduag is automatically loyal to you if you are on the Demon mythic path.

The other piece of Wenduag content in EE is that disloyal but alive Wenduag will burn down an orphanage or be killed by Greybor while trying.

EDIT:
Also Xorges is a gnome tiefling now???
hFiqJtM.png

What happened to you lil' guy?

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Reg has a +1 Hooked Hammer when you get him right after the fight where his weapon can't bypass DR/Magic for some reason.

Tyranny of Mind can Dominate Swarms somehow (though they usually die first since they take full damage from Bludgeoning) and Marching Terror can Fear them, though they're about the only thing immune to Archon's Aura/Hampering Hex randomly.

Desiderius

Patron
Apparently Incense Synthesizer's AB/DMG buff is still bugged and doesn't grant one of the +1 upgrades

Fucking sad state of affairs
I don’t think it was ever implemented. At release the abilities didn’t even have labels or tooltips yet. They added those but not the abilities.

A-Minish

Educated
Hello folks.

So the EE is still fucking plagued with bugs. I spent 2 days trying to make it work again after it decided to stay blocked at 60% at the start. I tried a plethora of solutions to the point it looked more like a ritual to please the Machine Spirit than anything else. Suddenly the game decided to load again properly, I am not even sure what did the trick. What a nice EE it is.
:badnews:

Anyway, I wanted to try a trickster run and I intended to use SpellBookMerger, Toybox and probably a buffbot mod. Do you have any mod to or not to recommand ?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Hello folks.

So the EE is still fucking plagued with bugs. I spent 2 days trying to make it work again after it decided to stay blocked at 60% at the start. I tried a plethora of solutions to the point it looked more like a ritual to please the Machine Spirit than anything else. Suddenly the game decided to load again properly, I am not even sure what did the trick. What a nice EE it is.
:badnews:

Anyway, I wanted to try a trickster run and I intended to use SpellBookMerger, Toybox and probably a buffbot mod. Do you have any mod to or not to recommand ?
Yes! For me it finally broke in DLC3, on my 4th run of DLC whole level where 7th mythic stone is supposed to be is empty of all enemies and items..

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Even the most basic stuff is completely bricked rn for me, latest patch no mods. For example, item comparison either flat out doesn't work or compares to only one char regardless of whose inventory you're checking. I'm also still getting shit ton of visual bugs, like los not working once you open a door most of the time and you need to run through it for fog of war to clear.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Even the most basic stuff is completely bricked rn for me, latest patch no mods. For example, item comparison either flat out doesn't work or compares to only one char regardless of whose inventory you're checking. I'm also still getting shit ton of visual bugs, like los not working once you open a door most of the time and you need to run through it for fog of war to clear.
One basic stuff that irritates me a lot is that during turn based combat, if I press I to open inventory (or any of the character sheets) it always opens a different character than one that is currently supposed to act...

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, that bug is/was present in different shapes and sizes throughout different builds. But a lot of stuff that is broken now was working perfectly fine before the game got enhanced(tm).

Desiderius

Patron
Not a shit ton, but yeah those things plus can’t access some of my characters/inventory in camp etc…

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Moving on to whingeing about QOL, it's always baffled me why you can't adjust the shortcut trays of any of the characters other than your main while in camp. It's always been a huge annoyance to me that you have to schlep out of camp to some zone map somewhere to be able to adjust the trays of your other characters after memorizing new spells, etc., if you want to be not caught out in the next combat.

Why can't you have the "first view" when you switch to other characters in camp be the same as your main, i.e. WITH TRAY, and then you go into inventory, spellbook, etc., as you would with your main?

Waaah!

Desiderius

Patron
Moving on to whingeing about QOL, it's always baffled me why you can't adjust the shortcut trays of any of the characters other than your main while in camp. It's always been a huge annoyance to me that you have to schlep out of camp to some zone map somewhere to be able to adjust the trays of your other characters after memorizing new spells, etc., if you want to be not caught out in the next combat.

Why can't you have the "first view" when you switch to other characters in camp be the same as your main, i.e. WITH TRAY, and then you go into inventory, spellbook, etc., as you would with your main?

Waaah!
They want to limit casting/abilities in camp.

Yosharian

Arcane

Waaah!
There are tons of retarded design decisions in the game. For example, to switch weapons you have up press a whole bunch of UI elements and they are quite laggy so the whole process is annoying.

What should happen is you press a fucking button and it just happens

Another example is no shortcut key to access the 'delay turn' function.

But at least the game is coming out on consoles! Yay!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom