Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Summons are such a game-changer in those early game fights. Can't be overstated. Just having walls of hit points to screen your characters can by itself reduce tough encounters to facerolls.
I am currently fighting 2 Marilith and a respawning Derakni who are absolutely decimating my party at the same level/chapter/part of the game where I was pubstomping Vordekai dungeon without a single reload :lol:
Poor Vordakai =(

Even with maximum vanilla stats and improved stats from mods, he still lasted a few rounds tops in my last playthrough. Sad times.

Longes

Augur
How dare you roll your eyes at me Hap! The damn game isn't finished, brother. You gonna tell me that they aren't fixing game-breaking bugs a few weeks after the launch of the ENHANCED EDITION? Come on man. Can we get real for just one moment here? The state of the game is fucking shocking.

The lategame Demon forms still have PLACEHOLDER ICONS FOR KEY ABILITIES and MISSING TEXT IN WEAPON NAMES. How are we gonna say that this is a finished game.
My favorite part of EE is how it was advertised having new Devil and Swarm content, and then had none.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Animal companions are also the busted one in this game. The first that hit 50 AC fully buffed is daeran's wolf and my smilodon. Summons are meatshield, they rarely do significant damage even tho i have augment summon and the mythic summon feat. But they are great meatshield. Because all you need is someone who takes a fraction of the damage. What i am having issue is saving throw for status effect. I haven't invested in iron will yet, since will save are the most troublesome, i thought i could get by from buffs and shake it off teamwork feats. With both type of blessings, shake it off, good hope, seelah's paladin aura, etc will status effect still gave me the most trouble.

Yosharian

Arcane
How dare you roll your eyes at me Hap! The damn game isn't finished, brother. You gonna tell me that they aren't fixing game-breaking bugs a few weeks after the launch of the ENHANCED EDITION? Come on man. Can we get real for just one moment here? The state of the game is fucking shocking.

The lategame Demon forms still have PLACEHOLDER ICONS FOR KEY ABILITIES and MISSING TEXT IN WEAPON NAMES. How are we gonna say that this is a finished game.
My favorite part of EE is how it was advertised having new Devil and Swarm content, and then had none.
So the thing with that is that 1) dataminers discovered some things and 2) a community manager hinted taht there were things coming for those paths

I'm not certain that Owlcat officially ever stated that new content was coming for those paths, aside from that

Yosharian

Arcane
Animal companions are also the busted one in this game. The first that hit 50 AC fully buffed is daeran's wolf and my smilodon. Summons are meatshield, they rarely do significant damage even tho i have augment summon and the mythic summon feat. But they are great meatshield. Because all you need is someone who takes a fraction of the damage. What i am having issue is saving throw for status effect. I haven't invested in iron will yet, since will save are the most troublesome, i thought i could get by from buffs and shake it off teamwork feats. With both type of blessings, shake it off, good hope, seelah's paladin aura, etc will status effect still gave me the most trouble.
Yeah Will saves are super important no question about that. It's the first thing I get on pets generally

Too bad you can't give them Mythic Iron Will

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Confusion is cucking the fuck outta me mate. Saves are almost impossible to make consistently on Unfair, so statuses that are hard to get rid of with buff immune are a real bitch

Codex Year of the Donut
20221023005233_1.jpg

20221023125923_1.jpg
what the fuck am I even looking at here lmao

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I am currently fighting 2 Marilith and a respawning Derakni who are absolutely decimating my party at the same level/chapter/part of the game where I was pubstomping Vordekai dungeon without a single reload
I guess this is in the lab? There are a few tough optional fights there.
Carnivorous Crystals can go fuck themselves.
You ain't seen nothing yet. HAHAHAHA ha ha ha....:negative:

I repeat: I can't wait for you to get to the actually hard parts of the game :M

If you want some mercy, based on a previous party flaw you mentioned (not for your current problems, but probably soon upcoming)
You're really going to want a reliable way to deal with swarms soon.
You can skip the fight, but it felt like cop out >_>
It's a bit hard to tell from the screenshot what is going on, but you can also do the flesh market in parts by attacking the individual vendors. You don't have to kill all of them at once.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I am currently fighting 2 Marilith and a respawning Derakni who are absolutely decimating my party at the same level/chapter/part of the game where I was pubstomping Vordekai dungeon without a single reload

If you want some mercy, based on a previous party flaw you mentioned (not for your current problems, but probably soon upcoming)
It's a bit hard to tell from the screenshot what is going on, but you can also do the flesh market in parts by attacking the individual vendors. You don't have to kill all of them at once.
The problem is the big guy because everyone including the guard aggro'd when we attack him. I already killed all the talkable NPCs. All other sellers are easy since they just fight themselves, summon few friends to the fight. The problem are the guards. Killing everything else before made it easier but doesn't solve the main problem.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Confusion is cucking the fuck outta me mate. Saves are almost impossible to make consistently on Unfair, so statuses that are hard to get rid of with buff immune are a real bitch
There's a pretty OP mind immunity ring if you spare the demon in Regill's quest. Though I guess you're finished it now

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
And here's one from the middle of combat to rule out surprise round shennanigans:

SsJU8aZ.jpg
What race is her mount? Is she using Reduce Person perhaps?

No and no. She's riding a smilodon (Large) and she has no changes to size (so Medium).
I've had Spirited Charge randomly stop working before. But I kinda thought that was generally fixed like 10 patches ago.
Recurrent issue?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
And here's one from the middle of combat to rule out surprise round shennanigans:

SsJU8aZ.jpg
What race is her mount? Is she using Reduce Person perhaps?

No and no. She's riding a smilodon (Large) and she has no changes to size (so Medium).
I've had Spirited Charge randomly stop working before. But I kinda thought that was generally fixed like 10 patches ago.
Recurrent issue?

Someone online said restarting the game sometimes put them in a state where it worked, sometime where it doesn't work. So that might be worth trying.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Do Hellfire Rays count as a reliable way? Probably not, right? :lol:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Use the Mounted Combat (for saves) Feat, Luke. Rupture Restraints is good for non-pets.

Iron Will isn’t very good without the Mythic Version, and there’s the Cloak that gives Mind Immune if you kill something.

Summons can get there on offense given a sufficiently ridiculous set of buffs/debuffs thru sheer # of attacks.

Desiderius

Patron

There's a pretty OP mind immunity ring if you spare the demon in Regill's quest. Though I guess you're finished it now
Pets can’t wear rings?

Desiderius

Patron
Can’t you eliminate some of the flesh market foes before that fight? Usually if you have to cheese you’ve missed some alternative.

Tsubutai

Educated
You can buy scrolls of mind blank, communal from the dlc3 vendor if you're having trouble with will saves - it gives +8 will to the entire party and a single cast is enough for a large dungeon. Also, once your divine caster gets level 8 spells, you can make your entire party immune to mind-affecting shenanigans with shield of law or cloak of chaos.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Use the Mounted Combat (for saves) Feat, Luke.
That'd be Indomitable Mount feat

Pets can’t wear rings?
True. Wasn't sure the Will issue only concerned the pets, though

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Use the Mounted Combat (for saves) Feat, Luke.
That'd be Indomitable Mount feat

Pets can’t wear rings?
True. Wasn't sure the Will issue only concerned the pets, though

It didn't. Confusing on pets you kindda sortta deal with, but at least in my party, Confusion on especially my MC is a pain to deal with.

He continues to be absolutely amazing btw. Whereas other characters rely on crits or Spirited Charge for situational big damage, MC attacks 12 times for 25-40 damage per attack without crits. His AB is not the best, but as soon as he makes one hit, he's gonna hit everything (due to Shatter). Ember's Fortune and Camelia's Bit of Luck is a hefty synergy with that many attacks. You might have a measly 19-20 threat range, but you roll 24 dice, so :lol:

Humbaba

Arcane
Wow playful darkness is EZ after the slave market fight. It was still hard, but compared to that hell it was pretty EZ.
Not having to fight the framerate along with everyone in the fucking market sure helps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom