Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So is this worth playing? Better or worse than Kingmaker?

I still coudn't get into the first one, the small maps and railroading are kind off-putting. Cartoony companions didn't help either.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
What the fuck? Demon spells automatically use CHA and will not use any other mental stat?

This is fucking DUMB WHAT THE HELL
welcome to unmerged spellbookery
TTT fixes this though it still says CHR too low on spellbook the spells are there (on my reloaded test save). Good idea to get decent CHR on MC just in case.

Kjaska

Arbeiter
Patron
Insert Title Here
I don't think so. If you are romancing Wenduag, she brings up tormenting Kyado as one of the good times you've had together.
Yeah, as in "remember when we did that Bad Cop/Worse Cop routine on the priest cuck? That was great!" type of way. Who wouldn't fondly think back on that?

She is evil, but not comically evil.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't think so. If you are romancing Wenduag, she brings up tormenting Kyado as one of the good times you've had together.
Yeah, as in "remember when we did that Bad Cop/Worse Cop routine on the priest cuck? That was great!" type of way. Who wouldn't fondly think back on that?

She is evil, but not comically evil.
She’s one-dimensional and uninteresting if you take Lann, and Lann’s kind of a dick if you take her. Subtle pandering to player choices.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I think the Spirited charge bug happens when Mount is the first to hit, because sometimes the bug is there, and sometimes not.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Here's an example:

2XubZVJ.jpg

Aru initiated the Charge.

Desiderius

Patron
Poor Daeran’s Wolf is wrecking house but Daeran doesn’t even have Outflank yet. His Aasimar Heritage does get a Mobility buff though lol.

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any tips on azata chapter 4 quest?
killing the whole market. I killed all the slave trader except all the floating flesh eyebal thing in the center. The problem is the giant shadow guard thing keep casting horrid wilting and wiped my party. I can tank and kill 2 of them but there are 3 of them. Near the arena

user

Savant
Any tips on azata chapter 4 quest?
killing the whole market. I killed all the slave trader except all the floating flesh eyebal thing in the center. The problem is the giant shadow guard thing keep casting horrid wilting and wiped my party. I can tank and kill 2 of them but there are 3 of them. Near the arena
Hated that quest cause I was doing a solo run on hard and this was the first forced really impossible fight I encountered. But the thanadaemons were not the problem, the gribileth was. I had to cheese it by using dimension door near Shamira's. Disgusting, I know. The daemons you can CC, or nuke easily while they cast enervation. But for horrid wilting raise your fortitude saves as much as you can (e.g. with bear's endurance or Seelah's bestow grace).

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
well did it with what i call "just use all of the summons + AOE + Trap/pits bullshit)
planted heightened+ selective +spell specialization (level 7 and 6) 5 greases layer in each of the giant guards. selective + heightened acid pit level 5 in all of the area as much as possible. use ALL the terrain reflex spell. ALL the buffs. ALL the summons whether from skills, items, w/e. daeran auto casting channel positive energy and a bit of luck in dice rolling, i finally did it. i think it almost destroyed my computer and burn my house. the game ran like 10 fps

20221023005233_1.jpg

20221023125923_1.jpg

this is why i don't trust owlcat with turn based combat. if rogue trader had this kind of encounter then fuck them.

Yosharian

Arcane
Summons are such a game-changer in those early game fights. Can't be overstated. Just having walls of hit points to screen your characters can by itself reduce tough encounters to facerolls.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Summons are such a game-changer in those early game fights. Can't be overstated. Just having walls of hit points to screen your characters can by itself reduce tough encounters to facerolls.

That seems to be the case for a good while depending on the summon. Beer mug and duality are still mainstays in my hotbar. I don't often use them, but when I do, it's because shit's serious.

Also to all you guys answering my question of whether WotR was more difficult than P:K with "it depends," "I guess a little," "yeah, but..." fuck you for the understatement lol

I am currently fighting 2 Marilith and a respawning Derakni who are absolutely decimating my party at the same level/chapter/part of the game where I was pubstomping Vordekai dungeon without a single reload :lol:

I had to leave that fucking ancient corrupted treant fight for a while because I couldn't hit it

Even regular hallway fights have me on my toes. Carnivorous Crystals can go fuck themselves.

The fight I took screenshots from with the two mosqitodudes, two oozemen and the double-casting shadowdemon was insane :shredder:

i luv it

Yosharian

Arcane
How dare you roll your eyes at me Hap! The damn game isn't finished, brother. You gonna tell me that they aren't fixing game-breaking bugs a few weeks after the launch of the ENHANCED EDITION? Come on man. Can we get real for just one moment here? The state of the game is fucking shocking.

The lategame Demon forms still have PLACEHOLDER ICONS FOR KEY ABILITIES and MISSING TEXT IN WEAPON NAMES. How are we gonna say that this is a finished game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom