Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sup Lazydex?

18:00 CEST Cyprus, Nicosia 25 October 2022: Owlcat Games today revealed information on Season Pass 2 and its three premium DLCs for critically-acclaimed epic cRPG Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is the first title created by Owlcat as an independent studio with complete control over the development, and we have far-reaching plans for future updates and new content. - says Alexander Mishulin, Creative Director at Owlcat Games - It’s been a year since we released the game, but there is still a dedicated team in our studio working exclusively on Pathfinder. And we have a lot of ideas for your future adventures. Thus, we will continue making new content in the form of DLC for our game.”
Season Pass 2 is available for pre-order on PC from today. It will arrive on consoles later, with the release of the first out of three new DLCs.

To commemorate the Season Pass 2 reveal, Owlcat has announced a Halloween “Scream sale” on Steam, with discounts on the following editions: 55% on Mythic and Commander Editions, 30% off on the recent premium DLC - The Treasure of the Midnight Isle. The promotion runs from October 25, through to November 1, 2022.

https://af.gog.com/game/pathfinder_wrath_of_the_righteous_season_pass_2?as=1649904300

Embark on new adventures in this follow-up to the first season! New friends and enemies, dangers and rewards await you — both as extensions of the main campaign and as standalone experiences.

DLC #4
Here comes a new companion for the Knight Commander's party and a new playable class: the everchanging shifter! Bolster your party with a reliable brawler, capable of taking on the aspects of various wild beasts. Delve into the lost secrets of Old Sarkoris. And who knows? Maybe you will even find new love, one transcending time itself.

DLC #5
This new standalone campaign picks up where the “Through the Ashes” story left off. A new demon lord with hordes of frozen minions is emerging from the depths of the Abyss. With the Knight Commander busy elsewhere, what can a group of regular adventurers with no mythic powers do to save the day? This expansion offers a 6-7 hourlong story which you can play independently or with the hero from your “Through the Ashes” savegame. And when you're done, a whole new dungeon in the main campaign will be open for the Knight Commander to explore.

DLC #6
During your first visit to Kenabres, things did not go well. Now that the demonic assault has been thwarted, and the crusaders are preparing their final counterattack, why not take a little break? Kenabres, burned and rebuilt, is holding a new festival, and the Knight Commander will be the guest of honor. This is your chance to spend some quality time away from the battlefields together with your companions – and, perhaps, go on a special date with your loved one. Be careful, though: the war isn't over yet, and even the new, peaceful Kenabres might be hiding its share of secrets...

Yosharian

Arcane
If the new companion is well-written then I'm interested, though I won't pay full price for it.

Shifter doesn't seem like it'll be very good. Not too interested in that. Don't think it's a good fit for Owlcat's crazy ass approach to balance.

user

Savant
why not take a little break? Kenabres, burned and rebuilt, is holding a new festival, and the Knight Commander will be the guest of honor. This is your chance to spend some quality time away from the battlefields together with your companions – and, perhaps, go on a special date with your loved one
:nocountryforshitposters:

Hard pass.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
sounds like a rip-off of Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC.

That was one of the options in the questionaire. God people are so fucking trash. Who the fuck plays this game for companion dialogue
I mean, I like the companions, but no way am I going to pay money for a DLC that's just dialogue.

An extra companion is ok, but at the same time... no I am not actually interested in replaying a 100 hour campaign for that.

Owlcat are not very good at DLC, and the games they make are not very well suited to supporting dlc.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The first DLC where you're being explained why you had near godlike powers at the end of Act 1, was pretty interesting imo, albeit just at a concept level, because in order to get the best/true ending, you might have to play it twice. And also *some* of the puzzles were a bit obtuse.

The low-level DLC was initially very interesting, but they introduced some, what I like to call Owlcat-shenanigans, like teleporting characters when they shouldn't be able to.

And the Rogue-like seems to be fun, when it gets properly fumigated. (har har)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
sounds like a rip-off of Mass Effect 3's Citadel DLC.

That was one of the options in the questionaire. God people are so fucking trash. Who the fuck plays this game for companion dialogue
Owlcat are not very good at DLC, and the games they make are not very well suited to supporting dlc.

Quite the opposite. Their games are uniquely suited for Durlag's Tower/Watcher's Tower-style DLC - that is, adding new areas to the world map with higher production values and more possibility for craftsmanship than that of the rest of the main game (where a certain quantity is necessary). With 1-3 classes/races added that tie in to the themes of the new area.

It's just that either their braindead audience doesn't want these things or Owlcat themselves don't want to make them. Either way, it sucks

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Quite the opposite. Their games are uniquely suited for Durlag's Tower/Watcher's Tower-style DLC - that is, adding new areas to the world map with higher production values and more possibility for craftsmanship than that of the rest of the main game (where a certain quantity is necessary). With 1-3 classes/races added that tie in to the themes of the new area.

This actually already kinda discussed by Owlcat iirc. Basically their main game is so enormous, that adding heavy content to the main game would break all sort of progression balance and just make the base game even more bloated than it already is so they are reluctant to do that. Companion with small quest is fine, a small additional dungeon is fine, but mini expansion is really hard to without breaking balance progression wise.

Regardless, I am just not feeling it. Maybe I will buy it with 50% discount or something. I want shifter because I am a sucker for nature themed stuff but the rest of the DLC is just kinda meh for me. I wouldn't mind Citadel style quest but the quality of base companion is just not there. Through the Ashes was OK I guess? But the twist after the 1st part is not really exciting either. And new companion is 100% a bi shifter guy, and considering base content companion quality, not really interested in that either content wise, I just want the class.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

This actually already kinda discussed by Owlcat iirc. Basically their main game is so enormous, that adding heavy content to the main game would break all sort of progression balance and just make the base game even more bloated than it already is so they are reluctant to do that. Companion with small quest is fine, a small additional dungeon is fine, but mini expansion is really hard to without breaking balance progression wise.

Regardless, I am just not feeling it. Maybe I will buy it with 50% discount or something. I want shifter because I am a sucker for nature themed stuff but the rest of the DLC is just kinda meh for me. I wouldn't mind Citadel style quest but the quality of base companion is just not there. Through the Ashes was OK I guess? But the twist after the 1st part is not really exciting either. And new companion is 100% a bi shifter guy, and considering base content companion quality, not really interested in that either content wise, I just want the class.

BG2 is a bigger game and it didn't matter there. Who cares if some content becomes easier - at this point you've played that stuff already.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Lol trying to cash in on those big Witcher 3 bux.

Vatniks don’t understand that W3 wasn’t a romance simulator it was a “for every beautiful woman there’s a man tired of putting up with her shit” simulator.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker

It's just that either their braindead audience doesn't want these things or Owlcat themselves don't want to make them. Either way, it sucks
Hmmm.... nope, still not interested in replaying a 100 hour campaign for a really well designed 5-10 hour dungeon.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah not a fan of adding DLCs on top, not when the late game is already a slog because of how massive the base game is. Standalone DLCs ftw.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Hmmm.... nope, still not interested in replaying a 100 hour campaign for a really well designed 5-10 hour dungeon.

this is why we can't have nice things btw

They should implement some kind of scaling XP system where you get less for overleveling content, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. Players already basically break progression by abusing turning on and off the XP sharing options.

Desiderius

Patron
Varnhold’s Lot was pretty good. I’d be up for that sort of thing again. Through the Ashes II could do that (ideally also finishing TtA I).

Wildcards fixed a lot of the basic stuff that was missing along with adding several QoL improvements. If the Shifter DLC is like that I’ll be happy with it.

Desiderius

Patron

They should implement some kind of scaling XP system where you get less for overleveling content, this wouldn't be nearly as much of a problem. Players already basically break progression by abusing turning on and off the XP sharing options.
Nah there’s not that much to get for doing that, just a small early boost. It sort of broke Through the Ashes because early is all there was.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
DLC #6
During your first visit to Kenabres, things did not go well. Now that the demonic assault has been thwarted, and the crusaders are preparing their final counterattack, why not take a little break? Kenabres, burned and rebuilt, is holding a new festival, and the Knight Commander will be the guest of honor. This is your chance to spend some quality time away from the battlefields together with your companions – and, perhaps, go on a special date with your loved one. Be careful, though: the war isn't over yet, and even the new, peaceful Kenabres might be hiding its share of secrets...
And so Owlcat thus furthers the agenda of their Kremlin overlords by demonstrating to the world that unchecked democracy can only lead to disaster.

Don't think the first two will be anything beyond what they are on the tin, but I'm willing to let myself be surprised for this one. I have a feeling they'll make it some big end-of-game-support fanfare event. I think they're implying it takes place in Act V, where all the late-game mythics are thirsting for content, so an instanced module away from everything else is probably their bandaid for the problem.

Last edited:

user

Savant
And what a wasted chance the crusade mode was. Nothing like HoMM and everything in it is an afterthought. Only the Lich somewhat breaks the mold when it comes to units, but it is of no consequence since the whole thing is just a clicker fest. If they actually made it right it could be great for replayability.

Tenebris

Scholar
DLC #6
And so Owlcat thus furthers the agenda of their national overlords by demonstrating to their consumer base that unchecked democracy can only lead to disaster.

Don't think the first two will be anything beyond what they are on the tin, but I'm willing to let myself be surprised for this one. I have a feeling they'll make it some big end-of-game-support fanfare event. I think they're implying it takes place in Act V, where all the late-game mythics are thirsting for content, so an instanced module away from everything else is probably their bandaid for the problem.
I'm expecting a paragraph at most for the late paths.

Desiderius

Patron

this is why we can't have nice things btw
I mean they have a point. The DLCs had some of the best content in PoE I and II but they totally borked the main quest progression.

They should do some sort of parallel universe thing where you can play as Nulkineth and if you beat the dork AreeSu chose in Kenabres you can take over all the stupid builds they made out of the companions and try to salvage something from them. That or go Ultima VI where the Gargs are just misunderstood and you can play with Garg companions through the main questline with Gargs as CG against Dark Reg and his LE minions.

A lot of ways to go with that sort of thing without just tacking on a ton of extra loot and experience.

Longes

Augur
Make Devil a full path god damn it! I'll pay you any money! (so long as it's under 20 bucks as Guybrush taught me)

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly the base game is already so bloated that new dungeon/major questline will not all that appealing to me.

Just make a side campaign with actual meat on it. Varnold's Lot tavern werewolf quest was very excellent but then it just become into hours long dungeon delving. Not to say the dungeon is not good (in fact its the best KM have to offer) but I dunno, just make a well balanced side campaign for the game. The Ashes campaign for WotR outside of the storybook mechanic and kill switches are pretty barebone in general. Just make a normal functioning campaign that last for 20 hours and sell it for 15 dollar or something.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom