Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
y this game so gae?
Chris Avellone said:
There’s a few reasons. Most important, everyone deserves to love and be loved in return. Also, if that’s how a player wants to role-play, then a good gamemaster is accommodating to player’s intentions. Lastly and (maybe this is a more pragmatic reason, and another reason I like Pathfinder) it’s a part of the Pathfinder franchise itself – it’s in the very first module of the [Wrath of the Righteous] Adventure Path, in fact.
How'd that work out for Chris? If I want a sermon on true love he's probably not the first guy I'd turn to. Just saying.

It's gae because that's where they think the money is. Local maximum.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How'd that work out for Chris? If I want a sermon on true love he's probably not the first guy I'd turn to. Just saying.
Well, Mr. Avellone won that defamation court case, and there is a hint on a 7 digits settlement sum going his way.

So from a secular perspective he is, actually, the guy who can say something about true love.

ArchAngel

Arcane
y this game so gae?
Chris Avellone said:
There’s a few reasons. Most important, everyone deserves to love and be loved in return. Also, if that’s how a player wants to role-play, then a good gamemaster is accommodating to player’s intentions. Lastly and (maybe this is a more pragmatic reason, and another reason I like Pathfinder) it’s a part of the Pathfinder franchise itself – it’s in the very first module of the [Wrath of the Righteous] Adventure Path, in fact.
If they would remove their degenerate love, they would get Perfect Love from the Lord. And they could feel perfect Love for the Lord.
These games just hate degenerates and want to prevent them from archiving true Love.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Well, Mr. Avellone won that defamation court case, and there is a hint on a 7 digits settlement sum going his way.

So from a secular perspective he is, actually, the guy who can say something about true love.
There was no love or Love involved in that whole affair.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So Lost Chapel was fun.
98C9A3BF509479C84F6B5556521A87F9F70BA600
This was not a lucky day for Nulkineth...

Desiderius

Patron
The best treatment of christians was done under the leadership of comrade Lenin in 1918–1922.
Even your furtive moments of patriotism are restricted to the Californicator-approved. Newsom and his zombies hate Xians more than you do.

So pwned.

Humanophage

Arcane
Get over this you homo: Owlcuck companions are pozzed beyond measure and actively detract from the experience.

Excuse me?

d965092d2c12f88b57c0fcab4c43fc72_original.jpg
Although Regill is not pozzed, he feels a little forced as of Act IV. Personally, I like the way Camellia is written so far.
She tackles the theme of non-reciprocity, a little similar to the lawful evil sadist mage from P:K, who inflicted pain on the subjects but was afraid of pain in an exaggerated fashion. She is a serial killer, but she pretends that justice is done to the aasimar perv in the Abyss (giving it a flimsy excuse of getting caught - but she wants to get caught herself). She reciprocates her father's exaggerated care by wanting to murder him (I don't know if she does in the end). It is even reflected symbolically in the smut episodes where you can see everyone, but they can't see you. People are very inured to the golden rule, so this imbalance is satisfyingly grating.

She clearly lies and gives completely transparent cover-ups which make it appear more brazen. It's also a good touch how there is a narrative told through the inventory because you only get a couple of human heads in Act III, but I'm already at my 12th demon head in Act IV, so her "Mireya" is spiralling out of control. It is also satisfying that her romance is doomed to failure and you will probably end up murdering her, whereas typically romances are supposed to mould all characters like clay and lead to some dramatic union at the end. At the same time, she is humanised by giving her reservations about the daddy, when she truly tries to step over her humanity and tries to take it to the next level. Not to mention Nenio explicitly calling her dumb and not very interesting despite her obvious attempts to appear interesting via all the "secrets" which she deliberately invites the PC to investigate.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Get over this you homo: Owlcuck companions are pozzed beyond measure and actively detract from the experience.

Excuse me?

Although Regill is not pozzed, he feels a little forced as of Act IV. Personally, I like the way Camellia is written so far.
She tackles the theme of non-reciprocity, a little similar to the lawful evil sadist mage from P:K, who inflicted pain on the subjects but was afraid of pain in an exaggerated fashion. She is a serial killer, but she pretends that justice is done to the aasimar perv in the Abyss (giving it a flimsy excuse of getting caught - but she wants to get caught herself). She reciprocates her father's exaggerated care by wanting to murder him (I don't know if she does in the end). It is even reflected symbolically in the smut episodes where you can see everyone, but they can't see you. People are very inured to the golden rule, so this imbalance is satisfyingly grating.

She clearly lies and gives completely transparent cover-ups which make it appear more brazen. It's also a good touch how there is a narrative told through the inventory because you only get a couple of human heads in Act III, but I'm already at my 12th demon head in Act IV, so her ahem "Mireya" is spiralling out of control. It is also satisfying that her romance is doomed to failure and you will probably end up murdering, whereas typically romances are supposed to mould all characters like clay and lead to some dramatic union at the end. At the same time, she is humanised by giving her reservations about the daddy, when she truly tries to step over her humanity. Not to mention Nenio explicitly calling her dumb and not very interesting despite her obvious attempts to appear interesting via all the "secrets" which she deliberately invites the PC to investigate.

Those heads you keep finding have nothing to do with Camellia, by the way.

Humanophage

Arcane
I can't remember what you went, but if you go Aeon, Devil or Lich, Regill is a lot more impactful and relatable.
Aeon Gnome, but Regill is not really doing much for now.

Excuse me?

She clearly lies and gives completely transparent cover-ups which make it appear more brazen. It's also a good touch how there is a narrative told through the inventory because you only get a couple of human heads in Act III, but I'm already at my 12th demon head in Act IV, so her ahem "Mireya" is spiralling out of control. It is also satisfying that her romance is doomed to failure and you will probably end up murdering, whereas typically romances are supposed to mould all characters like clay and lead to some dramatic union at the end. At the same time, she is humanised by giving her reservations about the daddy, when she truly tries to step over her humanity. Not to mention Nenio explicitly calling her dumb and not very interesting despite her obvious attempts to appear interesting via all the "secrets" which she deliberately invites the PC to investigate.

Those heads you keep finding have nothing to do with Camellia, by the way.
Ah right, it's Daeran's Other. There was some conflicting communication there.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I think the only real impact your Mythic Path choice has on Regill is the finale of his personal Quest in Chapter V, but even if you're on one of the Chaotic paths he hates, it's still possible to get a positive outcome (depending on how you handled the previous stage of his Quest and beating some Skill Checks). Everything else is flavor text, IIRC.

There's also his fate post-Crusade shown in one of the Ending Slides. In most regular endings, he writes a strategy book and succumbs to the Bleaching quickly afterwards. If you get the regular Trickster ending, tho..... very fun stuff happens to him. :lol:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
So its coming along nicely. Smooth sailing. Seems like the double Bite mask doubles the damage procs on Cleave.
And getting shared Long Arm buff is really nice to increase the Cleave radius further.
Lunge would make is even more sick, I guess.

Maugla had a poor day... like all other Leper's Smile Lost Chapel bosses, really.
735D7B5F4620A8880F318CD97F9A88FFF942BF9D

F79E46E0C363592008460C140DE2058BD682C7D9

93B333F086230E623781670F7B5DFB07DB007FFE

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
I can't remember what you went, but if you go Aeon, Devil or Lich, Regill is a lot more impactful and relatable.
I'd argue that Regill is a good character also because you don't have to fulfill his ideals entirely. As a Trickster

Regill hated my powers and my army. But he was out there for results. During his personal quest Regill is only interested to see if the Commander is compromised. They can be chaotic (I assume it flows similarly for Azata), but if they are sharp and incorruptible then that's all that matters. I don't know if he challenges you to a duel as Aeon, but he did as Trickster. I passed the Orders' judgement and he still challenged me, only because he felt it necessary take a fall and bite a demotion to ensure the loyalty of the Hellknights to my cause above all else.

Makes me twice as happy that I ended up pranking a few extra centuries out of him

I think most of the Wrath companions flow very well into the game's narrative. Their interactions with the MPs, with the plot, and each other feel like they wrote themselves. I'd go as far as to say that every Path comes with a pairing that boosts their specific narrative. Wenduag and Demon, Daeran and Trickster, Seelah and Angel, Arue and Azata, Regill and Aeon/Devil, and so on.

I only struggle to find a very good niche for Lann. Him and Wenduag are supposed to be mirrors to one another. But I feel like Wendy's angle of domination and debasement plays much more strongly than Lann's self control and cleverness. Wendu is great for a Demon playthrough. Is Lann interesting in an Aeon playthrough?

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is Lann interesting in an Aeon playthrough?
Well... I'm going to go out and say it that Aeon is basically Owlcat's subtle way of underlining Paizo's inserts. Basically Aeon gaze marks Seelah as guilty and unlawful, for example. And I suspect that pretty much any Paizo insert is treated with the sparkles of the Aeon gaze. One cannot be sure, of course, but Lann passes. No sparkles. He is interesting in the sense that he has no ulterior motives. No hidden agenda. He is just a kid that grew up pretty much without a family, and wants to make the world right. He is refreshing in his simplicity.

That's my take.

Desiderius

Patron
I only struggle to find a very good niche for Lann. Him and Wenduag are supposed to be mirrors to one another. But I feel like Wendy's angle of domination and debasement plays much more strongly than Lann's self control and cleverness. Wendu is great for a Demon playthrough. Is Lann interesting in an Aeon playthrough?
I think so. Restoring the natural order with his mom seems like a particularly Aeon thing to do, then taking one for the team (literally) in the final Sama fight (being true to his Mongrel heritage by taking on both Demonic Power and Crusader Duty) seemed like a good fit.

Evidently there's finally a decent endgame bow for him in that quest now too. Getting a full sense of Lann's character I think requires playing Wend's quest to see Lann's darkside to highlight the light in the other. His ham-handed romance is probably the biggest thing obscuring it.

Delterius

Arcane
Lann's quest with his mom is what Eder's quest with his son should have been (or at least one option).
Bearn isn't actually Edér's son. He says as much, he actually met his father before he died. Edér ends up adopting him out of respect for the mother and because of their shared faith. While Bearn isn't a kid he still needed an authority figure to protect him, and Edér's character arc falls right into it. He's thinking of settling down, he's about living for other people's sake, he's used to leading others, and he's similarly adrift in his religion.

Desiderius

Patron
Lann's quest with his mom is what Eder's quest with his son should have been (or at least one option).
Bearn isn't actually Edér's son. He says as much, he actually met his father before he died. Edér ends up adopting him out of respect for the mother and because of their shared faith. While Bearn isn't a kid he still needed an authority figure to protect him, and Edér's character arc falls right into it. He's thinking of settling down, he's about living for other people's sake, he's used to leading others, and he's similarly adrift in his religion.
I'd have to go back and re-read. This isn't what is intimated at all. The man he met was his wife's (erstwhile?) husband, not his father (Eder).

The point is that Eder ends up not (protecting him/settling down/inviting him on the adventure/at minimum staying in touch). The quest has no resolution. "Living for other's sake" is a misnomer. You'll be adrift in any religion if that's how you read what it calls for. Embracing his (necessarily difficult) life going forward with his son will make his own more fulfilling/make more sense - including the religion - because that's what organic life *does*. Those who don't get pwned.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Maugla had a poor day... like all other Leper's Smile bosses, really.
Do you have Greater Invisibility in Leper's Smile? Also, is it Leper's Smile or Lost Chapel?

I did not :) ...and you're right of course, its Lost Chapel.
Leper's Smile went rather good with the new Swarmbane Clasp plus Bookworm's Headband.

I have not used the GI too much yet. Generally with Sosiel's touches it wasn't necessary. Although attacking flat-footed enemies is always nice.
The entire party dinged 9 at Lost Chapel and I'm growing even more fond of Cam Vital Striking Shadow Shaman - with the new Cursing Reflex Mythic Feat from TTT she can Swift cast a Hex and still Vital Force Strike a flat footed enemy during the Surprise round. Or like cast both Evil Eye and Hampering Hex in the same round for -8 AC on a boss...

And of course, Seelah with Mythic Improved Critical Jinx, riding a battle pig is becoming a force to be reckoned with as well. Particularly considering that her battle pig is adept at tripping as well.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom