Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

I liked the demon city at first, but the chapter wore thin as it dragged on. The main annoyance was how the game devolved into rocket tag at that juncture. I know its an epic campaign, but a city full of upper echelon demons getting swatted like flies takes the extraordinary and makes it mundane. I shouldn't kill a balor and half a dozen maraliths on the way to the market. This was Axt IV's biggest problem. The navigational issues are trivial in comparison.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Man, i really wished i didn't picked Shifter for my Aeon run.. Aeon is fun storywise but man , Base Shifter is too simple for a Mythic path that doesn't get a lot..

Decide to stop my playthought and do a Lich Witch..

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I remember not using any online help and trying to figure out how Alushinyrra works, good times.
When I played it during Alpha I thought it was random so I'd sit there waiting for things to rotate. Looking around while I was waiting they eventually would.

I kicked myself when I finally realized it all just changes appropriately so long as your camera is facing the way you're moving :)

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Man, i really wished i didn't picked Shifter for my Aeon run.. Aeon is fun storywise but man , Base Shifter is too simple for a Mythic path that doesn't get a lot..

Brother, Aeon gets a metric shit-ton.

Play better.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

Play better.
Aeon have gaze and some spell, but i didn't enjoyed with Base Shifter. It feels pretty barebones, especialy compared Demon Magus/Bloodrager or Angel/Oracle. I'm already planning a Aeon Inquisitor build instead.

Desiderius

Patron

Play better.
Aeon have gaze and some spell, but i didn't enjoyed with Base Shifter. It feels pretty barebones, especialy compared Demon Magus/Bloodrager or Angel/Oracle.
Aeonbane goes great with Shifter, plus it gives you access to spells that go well with Martial class. If anything it’s a little too good and later a lot but it’s fun to own with it for awhile until it owns too much*. I haven’t played enough with Shifter to know what Swifts it already has but Aeon also gives you a lot of unique options there to figure out.

* - likewise with the immunities making routine fights more routine.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Aeonbane goes great with Shifter, plus it gives you access to spells that go well with Martial class. If anything it’s a little too good and later a lot but it’s fun to own with it for awhile until it owns too much.
I didn't got up to Mythic Rank level 4 yet, that's must be why i not feeling all the power outside of my limited Gazes per day

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah it doesn’t ramp up as fast but when it gets there it really gets there. Reliable Dispel on attack with a martial really changes how the game plays out.

Desiderius

Patron
When I come back to it in a couple years will probably do Cruromancer/Hellknight Signifier/Lich since I haven’t seen that part of the game yet.

Damage cones from melee with the Sickness.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aeonbane goes great with Shifter, plus it gives you access to spells that go well with Martial class. If anything it’s a little too good and later a lot but it’s fun to own with it for awhile until it owns too much.
I didn't got up to Mythic Rank level 4 yet, that's must be why i not feeling all the power outside of my limited Gazes per day

Aeon is a late bloomer, nearly close to the late game mythics.

volklore

Arcane
I feel like aeon should be really good with shifter even at M4. You get some good personal range inquisitor spells like divine favor, bane dispells and gaze. Sounds like a really good boss killer toolkit on a martial.
I used it on a DW axe throwing fighter and it was pretty great. Didn't do act 4 and 5 on it, tragedy on planning builds with M4 in mind is that I tend to lose interest after/druing midnight fane on replays.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3749866608147538007
Ask the developers: Alexander "Kams" Komzolov
Our Discord moderators asked the devs about their favorite characters in Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous and Kingmaker. There is the answer:

- Who is your favorite character you have written?

- Hm, never thought about that. It's tough, like picking a favorite child, but let's see. I enjoyed writing Camellia as an absolute evil being, constantly checking the limits of player's tolerance, and still having a soul deep down for those eager to look. I enjoyed writing Nenio for the amount of silliness I had to create and a bit of a character development at the end. I laughed irl while writing her, this was the first time for me. I enjoyed the Storyteller. In KM our Creative Director approached me with a request for a simple NPC who'd support the 'collectables' feature the design team were implementing. And I came up with an idea of a blind old man who relives the most memorable moments of a person by touching objects belonging to them. Then we decided that we'd need such 'tech' character in Wrath, as the 'collectables' are still on the menu, and I thought about developing the Storyteller into a more prominent role. However, there're smaller-scale characters that I wrote and I think they work great within their role. I like the dynamic between Hragulka and Tartuk in KM, and the whole idea of troll civilization trying to ascend above their no-brain murderous creature status. I also enjoy events with Stefano Mosconi in KM - he approaches you being an arrogant nonsense testing your patience, then you save him from the trolls, and suddenly he is a decent person, but he acknowledges that her serves your rival and this is where it makes the most sense to kill him. I didn't have an opportunity to write the troll-abusing Bartholomew Delgado - Thainen did the writing - but the idea was mine, and I immensely enjoy reading the player's debates about if Delgado has or has no right to torture the troll. (I wrote almost the entirety of the second chapter for KM, as I was the only writer on the team at the time).

Thank you for asking such a question. It was interesting to look at my characters and sort my feelings about them.

Alexander “Kams” Komzolov
Lead Narrative Designer

Yosharian

Arcane
> still having a soul deep down for those eager to look

:hmmm:

> I enjoyed writing Nenio for the amount of silliness I had to create and a bit of a character development at the end. I laughed irl while writing her, this was the first time for me

:deathclaw:

Desiderius

Patron
Shifter seems like fun for a challenge run, not sure that it can handle all the optional bosses though
I doubt that’s the case, but if it were then Aeon would be just the thing it needs to get there.

Desiderius

Patron
Broken and cheese are so overused as to be meaningless.

AFAICT whenever somebody finds something that works - which is kind of the point - then that thing is broken and using it is cheese.

Rhobar121

Scholar
How well does the basic shifter perform compared to broken subclasses like fey and manticora?
Wait why are those broken?
Fey has a very large number of attacks per round and a full BAB progression. Nothing unusual if it weren't for the fact that you also have full sneak attack progression.
Manticora has an absurd amount of ranged attacks, especially in the early game, even without rapid shot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom