Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

All 3 classes are good choices. The other 4 shifter classes are shit though

Standard shifter gets more aspects (= more stats/bonuses). One of which is trip attack from Wolf that can be turned into infinite trip loop with demon. Double damage on charges from Horse is also a viable option. I'd say fey is generally a bit better if you aren't leaning heavily into one of those abilities but not too far ahead. The main "issue" is that natural attacks don't count as twohanded meaning no multiplier on your str and power attack which makes the insane str bonus of a base shifter less impressive than it looks and some extra flat damage from sneak attacks works better with the 12 attacks per turn meme.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
"The Lord of Nothing is the fifth premium DLC for Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous, wrapping up the story of the second DLC, Through the Ashes. Explore new and unique locations, make new friends, and face a powerful demon lord in order to bring Sendri and Rekarth's story to its long-awaited finale. The outcome of your adventure — and for the characters, depends solely on you and your choices. After all, there are more than five unique endings in the DLC.

In The Lord of Nothing DLC you will have to survive frozen lands, uncover the secrets of a mysterious wizard's tower, help some Kellids in blooming caves, and even delve into the Shadow Plane! But you won't be alone: an angel of Sarenrae with a tragic past and a captivating new android companion will join you as you confront the evil flourishing in the remote corners of Golarion. And don’t think your commander is being left out — a new quest and dungeon will be available to complete in the fifth chapter of the base game.

Continue your journey with a character from Through the Ashes DLC or create a new one: 15 new archetypes, new spells and new feats await you. All of these will also be available in the main campaign when creating a new character or retraining one.

The Lord of Nothing DLC will be released on November 21! Wishlist the DLC to be the first to go on this new adventure. And if you have Season Pass 2, the DLC will automatically become available on release day."
>Five Endings for the DLC
> New Dungeon for Main Game on Act V
> 15 NEW Archtypes, Feats and Spells.

just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

Welp, time to stop playing and starting waiting...

Last edited:
>lord of nothing

If this goes down the rabbit hole that is the Nenio/Areshkagal arc with endless inane puzzles then the players will riot.

Shaki

Arbiter
Shit, I was waiting for all the DLCs to come out, and the game to be fully finished before replaying it again, but 15 new archetypes man... build autism is calling me

Delterius

Arcane

Rhobar121

Scholar
Shit, I was waiting for all the DLCs to come out, and the game to be fully finished before replaying it again, but 15 new archetypes man... build autism is calling me
I wonder how many of them will work.
What? You're serious? :lol:

None!
wrong answer. the missing parameter is when (november 2024 is gonna arrive eventually)
I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as assassin becomes playable in the slightest way.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

None!
wrong answer. the missing parameter is when (november 2024 is gonna arrive eventually)
I'm sure they'll fix it as soon as assassin becomes playable in the slightest way.
All it would take is Poison Resist bypass and/or ways to get the Death DC a little higher. Still has full Sneak progression and Uncanny Dodge at lvl 2. Sneaks aren't broken but they're still solid.

With Mind Blank cancelling True Sight now should be able to get in there with Invis and high Stealth to apply Death Attack on hard targets with debuffed saves. DC goes up by class level instead of usual class level/2.

Last edited:
The "poison" Assassins get only deals 1d4 str or dex damage. That's kind of a joke, and they need to spend a move action to reload the poison and apply it again (even if it stacked on a single target 1d4 stat damage per round is a joke). It even only lasts a limited time. I'm not sure how you can make that good without totally reworking it somehow. If it was something like 1d6 per two assassin levels of extra poison damage applied to all sneak attacks it'd be workable (after getting some kind of ascended element poison).

Death Attack is just weird because Master Strike is obviously better. Why take a full/standard action to do what a rogue does automatically with every attack? Sure rogue can only try once per day per target but are you really going to spend 2 full rounds as an assassin trying to death attack something? Nevermind the fact that the DC is awful for Death Attack since it goes off int modifier (not that making it off dex would make it good enough.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The "poison" Assassins get only deals 1d4 str or dex damage. That's kind of a joke, and they need to spend a move action to reload the poison and apply it again (even if it stacked on a single target 1d4 stat damage per round is a joke). It even only lasts a limited time. I'm not sure how you can make that good without totally reworking it somehow. If it was something like 1d6 per two assassin levels of extra poison damage applied to all sneak attacks it'd be workable (after getting some kind of ascended element poison).

Death Attack is just weird because Master Strike is obviously better. Why take a full/standard action to do what a rogue does automatically with every attack? Sure rogue can only try once per day per target but are you really going to spend 2 full rounds as an assassin trying to death attack something? Nevermind the fact that the DC is awful for Death Attack since it goes off int modifier (not that making it off dex would make it good enough.
Can also do CON. It keeps gaining duration as you level and number of saves required to remove it keeps going up. You could do some weird thing where you go in alone with super Stealth Invis, apply Poison, Hide in Plain Sight, and then Sneak back to where party is waiting to ambush boss while stat keeps ticking down.

Master Strike is a Capstone where Death Attack is available at level 6. Full Attacks are Full Actions too and you get plenty of those. I think best base class is an INT-based caster for Illusion Magic and random class abilities like teleport Exploit for instance, then you pick up Light Armor and Uncanny early from Assassin and Sneaks to do decent damage on regular fights, while infiltrating harder fights using Invisibility to take out a low FORT caster or the like before fight starts.

DC is 10 + INT + Class lvl and there's a Punching Dagger that I think gives +4. Mid/high 20s by midgame.

I haven't played it yet because Evil pre-req but will probably try it once I do Lich playthrough.

Last edited:

scytheavatar

Scholar
Guys, why the fuck would anyone want to play an Assassin and have a chance at instant killing one opponent a turn when they can instant kill multi opponents with a Int stacking spellcaster? Not to mention a vital strike character probably is more reliable at killing one character a turn.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Yeah, that money and effort would be much better spent making an actual enhanced edition and making the stuff that's already there work.

Delterius

Arcane

None!
nononono, you fix bugs. but hey if our encounter design makes 90% of your enemies immune to your class gimmick well thats just a pitfall sonny welcome to 3E on crack.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
We had such thoughts originally, but the player feedback on the first few released DLCs and then the surveys have revealed that our expectations were partly off. A vast majority of our audience is more invested in content that ties into the main campaign, rather than the sidestories. Even if it requires a player to redo the game or reach a certain Act first. I mean, most of you guys redo the game multiple times anyway :P

While the story of Through the Ashes had to be finished, we've made sure that even the players not interested in the side story had a meaty chunk of content to play with. That was one of the reasons it took so long. I'm certain the wait was worth it though, just look at the new stuff! And there are new armor mythic feats, lots of new spell and environment VFX and Assassin redesign coming with the patch 2.2 together with the DLC, too!

As for future releases (RT in particular) though, it's unlikely we'll be exploring more full sidestories in the nearest time. Expanding the main story experience will be a priority.

Assassin rework and Mythic Armor feats confirmed
Source: OwlcatStarrok

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
It is almost a year that I am waiting for a definitive edition for my second playthrough. I guess I have to wait another year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom