Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

razvedchiki

Magister
owlcat should have build the stealth mechanic like it was in baldursgate/icewind dale.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
And to be honest, as someone really likes to play as a sneak bastard, I couldn't be bothered doing it in WotR. There are much more effective ways to deal with enemies in this game and with much less busywork.
And no matter how I dislike Pillars of Eternity games, they at least had that sneaky gameplay in right.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And no matter how I dislike Pillars of Eternity games, they at least had that sneaky gameplay in right.
42D51ACC01A39F366629BEB7E6C6C6596A7123AA

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
need help: playing through the ashes dlc on core and the cave area near the start is just dogshit with spider poisons and demon plague and filth fever causing a multi-hued set of hexagons (all the stat damages) to dot the statuses of my party members, the sole merchant is :keepmyjewgold: and has jack shit for relieving me of the aforementioned ailments and damages. is this one of those "you needed to know you needed potion crafting perk before you played the game to know you needed it" deals? or is it just gonna be sloggy and should reroll? the party i am using is kineticist, story rogue guy, warrior, sword saint magus, oracle purifier (so far)

nvm i puzzled through that shit

Last edited:

easychord

Liturgist
Are they ever going to let us face the Technic League and plunder Area 51 to liberate all the sexy fembots?

Delterius

Arcane
Mythic Poison = stinking cloud back on the menu boys.
I am afraid all these changes will break the balance in a bad way, like the midnight isles DLC XP/gold/items.

I think nobody would have cried if they just removed assasin, meh.
As if there was any balance in this game.
I can already see how Owlcat gives every other enemy Stinking Cloud and Cloudkill in a new dungeon (of course, everyone will have Mythic Poision to piss off the player with next effects that he will not be able to counteract).
you'd just cast life bubble or something

easychord

Liturgist
Are they ever going to let us face the Technic League and plunder Area 51 to liberate all the sexy fembots?
I hope one of the new classes is a pimp bard subclass to wrangle a herd of dedicated sexbot companions.
I think you should have to join the alien AI religion and become a fembot cult leader. The sexbot thing is a classic cult recruitment tactic.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I am afraid all these changes will break the balance in a bad way, like the midnight isles DLC XP/gold/items.

I can already see how Owlcat gives every other enemy Stinking Cloud and Cloudkill in a new dungeon (of course, everyone will have Mythic Poision to piss off the player with next effects that he will not be able to counteract).
You assume that this interaction will work sooner than six months after the release.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg

new waifu just dropped

I guess an Iron God crpg adaption made by Owlcat may very well happen in the near future then, judging from this news. Drop Wrath of the Righteous because I got sick of the excessive amount of trash encounters the game keep throwing my way on nearly every map, but I would gladly jump back into another Owlcat Pathfinder crpg just for the Pathfinder:Fallout-vibe of the Iron God setting alone.

Btw, I get the feeling Wrath of the Righteous may be the last real-time-with-pause isometric crpg made by Owlcat, especially if their first turn base-only isometric crpg Rogue Trader sell well. Presuming an Iron God adaption is indeed on the table, there is a good chance its combat will be completely turn-based with co-op option, gotta chase that Baldur's Gate 3 money somehow, as shown by Rogue Trader implementing the co-op option already. Not an issue with me though, because a turn based-only combat system for a potential Iron God crpg will hopefully mean less trash enconter this time around.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik

new waifu just dropped

I guess an Iron God crpg adaption made by Owlcat may very well happen in the near future then, judging from this news. Drop Wrath of the Righteous because I got sick of the excessive amount of trash encounters the game keep throwing my way on nearly every map, but I would gladly jump back into another Owlcat Pathfinder crpg just for the Pathfinder:Fallout-vibe of the Iron God setting alone.

Btw, Wrath of the Righteous may be the last real-time-with-pause isometric crpg made by Owlcat imo, especially if their first turn base isometric crpg Rogue Trader sell well. Presuming an Iron God adaption is indeed on the table, there is a good chance its combat will be completely turn-based with co-op option, gotta chase that Baldur's Gate 3 money somehow, as shown by Rogue Trader implementing the co-op option already. Not an issue with me though, because a turn based-only combat system for a potential Iron God crpg will hopefully mean less trash enconter this time around.

Neat post but why this news is such a big deal for the Iron God route? Just because the new companion is a bot?

Delterius

Arcane

You assume that this interaction will work sooner than six months after the release.
it already does. there is one or two enemies in the game that use these types of cloud spells and life bubble is how you take care of them with ease. mythic poison would pierce enemy elemental resistance, but not immunity to breathing bad air.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Yeah. Lord knows people play Owlcat's Pathfinder (or any Pathfinder, really) games for their amazing balance.

You know very well what I meant but you chose to pretend to be retarded.
Anyway let me spell it out, it will make the game E A S I E R.

And no, enemies won't get "Mythic poison", simply because it's already in the game and a few already do have it, the mythic derakni in Iz for example.

Also it's too much effort, ain't happening at this stage.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yeah. Lord knows people play Owlcat's Pathfinder (or any Pathfinder, really) games for their amazing balance.

And no, enemies won't get "Mythic poison", simply because it's already in the game and a few already do have it, the mythic derakni in Iz for example.

You know you don't need to use it right, my butthurt mongoloid friend?

Anyway since you're so concerned with single player balance and whether someone else could use a thing that would make the game E A S I E R, you may feel more at home in another thread discussing the great works of one Joshua Sawyer.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Anyway since you're so concerned with single player balance and whether someone else could use a thing that would make the game E A S I E R, you may feel more at home in another thread discussing the great works of one Joshua Sawyer.

You seem upset, are you trying to find a way to not have to lower the difficulty hmmm?
Sawyer "balance" doesn't make game harder, just unfun.

And if you like to win easy without the shame of playing at your capacity, which is story mode, better move to the baldur's gay 3 thread so you can get a bear to stir your ass and save time dilating.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

You seem upset, are you trying to find a way to not have to lower the difficulty hmmm?
Sawyer "balance" doesn't make game easier, just unfun.

And if you like to win easy without the shame of playing at your capacity, which is story mode, better move to the baldur's gay 3 thread so you can get a bear to stir your ass and save time dilating.
Yeah. That's me, balance boy.

Try to have a great day, even though you can't control what others do with single player games. And for the love of God, stay away from sites like the Nexus. I don't want you to start cutting.

Delterius

Arcane
I mean, it's true. Owlcat isn't gonna playtest encounters of their finished game to add stinking cloud to enemies that didn't previously have mythic poison pen.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom