Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
The punching dagger is called Prowling Death and available from Skeletal Salesman in Act 3 (relatively early). +2 DC base, +2 additional DC for first Sneak. Demon can stack a lot of DC on abilities so probably the best Mythic.
Guys, why the fuck would anyone want to play an Assassin and have a chance at instant killing one opponent a turn when they can instant kill multi opponents with a Int stacking spellcaster? Not to mention a vital strike character probably is more reliable at killing one character a turn.
Death Attack is infinite use, available at level six, can conceivably get in position without triggering combat at all. I found a Reddit thread of people taking about it, though it was already something I'd considered.

There are no multiple bosses, and INT-stacking Spellcaster isn't trivially killing them until later if at all. Death Attack doesn't care about SR or common Immunities.

With TTT Mythic Tricks in Stealth you should be able to Sneak by about anything if that's a style you like to play, or just in Vanilla should be able to get there to take out things like Shadow Votaries and the like before they can act. I think the Poison is relatively weak because intended play pattern is to apply from Invis (Vanish is spammable), then lead debuffed mob back to waiting party to initiate combat, where Poison has debuffed key save or ability check.

Bottom line is that if you've solved the game using something like INT-nuker (I haven't) then you're looking for something else to do anyway.

Desiderius

Patron
a vital strike character probably is more reliable at killing one character a turn.
Vital Strike requires 6 BAB, Improved 11 BAB, Greater 16

Even on a Martial it's going to take awhile to get there. Death Attack is available at lvl 6 with no BAB requirements at all.

scytheavatar

Scholar
a vital strike character probably is more reliable at killing one character a turn.
Vital Strike requires 6 BAB, Improved 11 BAB, Greater 16

Even on a Martial it's going to take awhile to get there. Death Attack is available at lvl 6 with no BAB requirements at all.

You can take Greater Vital Strike at a lower level with Loremaster. And Death Attack is of limited use anyway until it is a standard action which doesn't happen until you have Assassin lvl 10.

What is hide in plain sight action wise? Would you have to sneak next to someone, end turn, then standard action death attack and HIPS to sneak away?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I almost regret my Trickster playthrough now. Almost every opponent killing themselves via Coup de Grace unless they make a DC 80-90 Intimidate check is only fun for one or two fights. And it still occassionally breaks a cutscene when enemies die before they get a chance to act. Oh well.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Any news on the new archetypes? So far, I saw confirmed on reddit "tortured crusader" which doesn't seem too bad (despite having an ability sharing the name with the mythic 'last stand').

Desiderius

Patron
What is hide in plain sight action wise? Would you have to sneak next to someone, end turn, then standard action death attack and HIPS to sneak away?
Whole thing is predicated on *Invis*. Then you don’t need Standard Action. The question is whether you can get DC high enough to reliably off things with Death Attack. For low FORT targets, sure. Bosses of course different story, but with Demon DC boosts maybe even there. Save or dies with too high success trivializes game anyway.

Whole thing is moot at this point since they’re redoing class, but this is another case of people dismissing classes/archetypes without thinking through the logic behind the design.

Ability to wade into groups of enemies without triggering combat and having something good to do with it creates unique play pattern appropriate for Assassin concept.

Too many bosses Poison immune to make that part worth messing with so probably the focus of redesign. Vital Strike works much better with STR-based builds so apples and oranges.

Assassin as is also gives Light Armor (and there are some very good Light Armors that go well with Assassin) and Uncanny Dodge to help extricate yourself post-Assassination.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I'm all for Through the Ashes sequeal, it was by the best DLC far as I'm concerned.

More archetypes and bloat can get fucked though.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone completed the ascension ending recently? I checked all the boxes (verified with Toy Box) but Areelu is not having it. Fucking Owlcat :argh: .

Delterius

Arcane
Has anyone completed the ascension ending recently? I checked all the boxes (verified with Toy Box) but Areelu is not having it. Fucking Owlcat :argh: .
you know when i spoiled myself of the ascension ending before the game was even released and realized i actually just preferred the more specialized normal endings, i just knew it. the amount of suffering and pain i saved myself is without measure.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Alright, I got it to work, thanks to a handy guide explaining the various etudes you can edit with Toy Box. I'll repost it here in case anyone has similiar issues in the future:

Hi guys, I am trying to write a Toybox guide to editing the etudes, flags, items to get the Secret Ending. I was locked out of the ending when I failed to save Suture but lucky for ToyBox I could edit it in and managed to obtain the ending.

I have gotten a data point that this can help those who are using Auto Crusade mode to achieve the ending.

Here's what I have and please share if you have info too.

a. Pointing out Areelu and Suture's relationship

Start etudes:

StitchisFreeFromFleshmarket

PlayerKnowsThatAreeluCaresABoutStitch

b. Persuading Areelu you are her child

Start etude:

TE_FakeYaniel

Edit Flag:

AreeluPersuasionCounter increase to 4

c. Sharing your research with Areelu

Start etudes:

TE_LexiconTrue

TE_FreshCrystalProject

TE_AreeSecretProject

TE_BannerProject

d. Demon Lords must be dead and learn secret that Priestess can summon them

Start etudes:

DeskariKilledinIz

BaphKilledByPlayer

TrueEnding_GreatPriestessSummon

EchoDeskariDead (thanks to u/aiiqa)

e. Knowing the weakness of Worldwound

Start etude:

TE_PuluraProject

f. Arrive on the correct date

Arrive Threshold at 16-21 Gozran, either 4716 or 4717 year.

You can edit the date direct using latest version of Toy Box.

If you know how to savegame edit (not Toybox), set GameTime=610 [Credits to u/AzraelSoulHunter]

u/karikentut has written a guide on how to edit GameTime, refer to https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder.../?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

g. Have at least one Nahyndrian Crystal

Give item:

FreshNahCrystall - 6 (or 5?) for best ending

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3749867242854891328?l=english
Assassin changes
Hello, Pathfinders!
Over the two years since Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous was released, we have identified the least popular class and the one that you, our favorite players, have been asking us to improve. We have listened and are delighted to announce that the Assassin class has been redesigned and upgraded in update 2.2, which will be available on November 21 with The Lord of Nothing DLC! We understand that the main problem with the old Assassin was using poisons in a world where most enemies are immune to poisons. So, we've added new mythic feats that allow you to ignore this immunity. We'll cover the new mythic feats in a separate article, but for now, let's focus on the changes to the Assassin:

Instead of Death Attack, we added a new ability called Mark of Death. This is a standard action that requires you to make a knowledge check appropriate to the creature type. If the check is successful, you point to a target with a mark. As long as the creature is marked, your attacks against it ignore its DR and resistance. You can only have one victim marked at a time.
At the 7th level, the Assassin can use Mark of Death as a swift action.

Also, we added a new mechanic: Assassinate Target. The Assassin can make a full-round action that instantly kills a target marked with Mark of Death. A target unaware of the Assassin (you must sneak up to the target) must make a Fortitude saving throw with DC 10 + the Assassin's level + Intelligence modifier, and dies on a failure. On a success, this Assassin attack is treated as a critical hit (it still needs to be confirmed) and the target gains the Shaken condition for 1d4 rounds. After that, Assassinate Target cannot be reapplied to the target for one day.

At the 2nd level, the Assassin gains the Use Poison ability, and we've also improved this progression, including how it interacts with other class mechanics. Now, if you apply poison to a target marked with Mark of Death, the target must make two Fortitude saves and choose the worst result.
The ability progresses with every level:
At the 2nd level, the Assassin has access to poisons that deal 1d4 stat damage to Strength or Dexterity for 4 rounds;
At the 3rd level, poison duration increases by 1 round;
At the 4th level, the Assassin gains access to a poison that deals Constitution damage;
At the 5th level, the number of successful saving throws needed to remove the poison increases to 2;
At the 6th level, poison duration increases by 1 round;
At the 7th level, the Assassin can apply poisons as a move or a swift action;
At the 8th level, poison duration increases by 1 round;
At the 9th level, the number of successful saving throws needed to remove the poison increases to 3;
At the 10th level, the Assassin's poison target takes poison damage even with a successful Fortitude check.

Additionally, the redesigned Assassin gains the Cold Minded ability at the 2nd level, which grants a +2 bonus to saving throws against mind-affecting, compulsion, fear, and emotion effects. This ability increases every 3 levels, reaching a +4 bonus at the 8th level.

A new ability at the 3rd level is Alter Ego. The Assassin can create copies of themselves to distract the enemy. As long as at least one copy is present on the battlefield, all creatures attacked by the Assassin take damage from a sneak attack. This ability works like Mirror Image.

At the 4th level, the Assassin now has the Public Execution ability. Each time the Assassin kills a target, they make a Persuasion check to demoralize all enemies within 30 feet. If the target is under the influence of Mark of Death, the Assassin gains a +2 bonus on this check.

Finally, at the 10th level, the Assassin becomes a Master Assassin. You have mastered the art of assassination to the point you can deliver a killing blow before the target can react. The Assassinate Target ability can now be used as a standard action. You also add sneak attack damage to all attack rolls on a target marked with Mark of Death, even if you don't have an advantage.

We hope that players will now achieve Mastery at slaying demons and be able to diversify their Crusade style! Good luck in the Worldwound!

d0538a0632259fb03ccee2ef281f4037c1abea6a.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Mythic Poison = stinking cloud back on the menu boys.
I am afraid all these changes will break the balance in a bad way, like the midnight isles DLC XP/gold/items.

I think nobody would have cried if they just removed assasin, meh.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am afraid all these changes will break the balance in a bad way, like the midnight isles DLC XP/gold/items.

Yeah. Lord knows people play Owlcat's Pathfinder (or any Pathfinder, really) games for their amazing balance.

Rhobar121

Scholar

As if there was any balance in this game.
I can already see how Owlcat gives every other enemy Stinking Cloud and Cloudkill in a new dungeon (of course, everyone will have Mythic Poision to piss off the player with next effects that he will not be able to counteract).

I almost regret my Trickster playthrough now. Almost every opponent killing themselves via Coup de Grace unless they make a DC 80-90 Intimidate check is only fun for one or two fights. And it still occassionally breaks a cutscene when enemies die before they get a chance to act. Oh well.
Try the TTT mod. It vastly improves the trickster mythic tricks. Persuasion III debuffs AC, SR, Saves, and can confuse enemies for a round or two. Its less busted than auto-suicide, but still great. In general it improves all of the other mythic tricks as well. I highly recommend it.

https://gitgud.io/Kreaddy/mysticalmayhem/-/blob/master/README.md

I stumbled upon this mod while looking for the Mythic Poison people mentioned in the earlier thread. It plays nice with TTT and has some nice things for spellcasters. I particularly like that it has the feat "Staff-like Wand", can change Stoneskin to be like 2E, and has Spell Turning added. There is other good stuff too, but these alone are major things that casters are sorely missing in Owlcat games.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
i wonder how sneaking up to a mob will work, many mobs have true seeing/tremorsense/high perception etc.

In short, it won't. Hardest fights in game are mostly scripted anyway, not allowing us to scout ahead and in fights it is really hard to keep up stealth without magic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom