Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
OK. So if you're concerned... don't take that mythic feat or the assassin class.

wowitsnothing.jpg

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Beamdog ruined IWD with the EE because it added time stop and all the shit.

mediocrepoet "storymodeNPC" reply "just don't use time stopppp let use have fun in our single play game, so we have a chance to win without lowering the difficulty!"

mediocrepoet

Patron

mediocrepoet "storymodeNPC" reply "just don't use time stopppp let use have fun in our single play game, so we have a chance to win without lowering the difficulty!"
Yes, I'm well known for only playing on story mode with cheat engine on. Sorry it somehow ruins your game, friend. May I suggest you find something useful to do with yourself?

Rhobar121

Scholar
I mean, it's true. Owlcat isn't gonna playtest encounters of their finished game to add stinking cloud to enemies that didn't previously have mythic poison pen.
No one is talking about adding new abilities to existing fights, only to a new dungeon.

You don't get time stop until passing the point of no return in the expansion that leads you fighting the final boss. It's basically irrelevant as far as balance goes unless you pick a sorcerer in which case you inflicted your own balance problems upon yourself.

In any case WotR has no balance as it is and the only difference between builds is whether they break the game by the start of chapter 2, 3, or halfway through chapter 3.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
You don't get time stop until passing the point of no return in the expansion that leads you fighting the final boss. It's basically irrelevant as far as balance goes unless you pick a sorcerer in which case you inflicted your own balance problems upon yourself.

What about contingencies, thief traps and all the other BG2 spells?
Just the fact that it makes the fight vs Icasaracht so easy should be a crime.
Again to the "just don't use it bro" argument :roll:, "just lower the difficulty" then.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Serious question time: has anyone received their WOTR physical rewards? I haven't received mine, and I'm seriously thinking they're at the bottom of the sea, but I just want to make sure by asking here.

Again to the "just don't use it bro" argument :roll:, "just lower the difficulty" then.

You can actually just not use it.

I've finished IWD with a 6 fighter party on insane. It's pretty easy already.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Insane is even worse because of the 2 times the XP so you end up with BG2 spells and no enemies counter much faster, just let us have a challenge in the game without ruining the fun and if you find it too hard lower the difficulty.

If you really need additional OP content, use mods.

mediocrepoet

Patron

But that's just don't use it, bro! Like even with all the different classes, feats, and combinations available, he can't not use the ones he thinks are most OP. I think it's a symptom of testosterone deficiency.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

But that's just don't use it, bro! Like even with all the different classes, feats, and combinations available, he can't not use the ones he thinks are most OP. I think it's a symptom of testosterone deficiency.

Asking players to gimp themselves intentionally, knowing there are better options, is the same as having a challenge trying to use all the tools the game gives you.
Disgusting retardos like you is why we have baldur's gate 3, go play larian games and be happy of those.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane

Insane is even worse because of the 2 times the XP so you end up with BG2 spells and no enemies counter much faster, just let us have a challenge in the game without ruining the fun and if you find it too hard lower the difficulty.
Which is exactly something that EE allows you to avoid, making it harder than vanilla if you wish, but, of course, you can just not use it :happytrollboy:

It also has other ways of making game harder than vanilla, like playing with all the severely underpowered classes/kits and what not.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Imagine if in the tutorial Owlcat made radiance a +10 vortex sword with 40d8 dmg.
That's ok in your brain because I can just not use it.
Ah right, I can even make 5 STR/5 DEX/5 CON fighter to counter it.

Asking players to gimp themselves intentionally, knowing there are better options, is the same as having a challenge trying to use all the tools the game gives you.
Disgusting retardos like you is why we have baldur's gate 3, go play larian games and be happy of those.

So if you know that IWDEE exists but play IWD1 non-EE anyway, aren't you gimping yourself intentionally knowing there are better options?

Doesn't that also mean that playing the game on any difficulty higher than casual is gimping yourself intentionally, both for IWD and WotR?

mediocrepoet

Patron
It's a decent analogy.
You think blowing a mythic feat to use a spell that has a saving throw is the same thing as getting a non existent more than artifact level item for free in the tutorial?

I hate to say it, but... ;)

Anyway either I lost the thread somewhere or you did. I'm actually surprised you agree with him given the types of arguments you've given as gospel.

"Not using the best option is gimping yourself"

"I want to play assassin but if they add ascendant element poison it will be too easy"

:lol:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It's a decent analogy.
You think blowing a mythic feat to use a spell that has a saving throw is the same thing as getting a non existent more than artifact level item for free in the tutorial?

Anyway either I lost the thread somewhere or you did. I'm actually surprised you agree with him given the types of arguments you've given as gospel.
Nah, I came in late. I'll avoid broken stuff but I'd rather it just not be in-game. Self-nerf while sometimes necessary is never fun, better to have different ways to attack a problem.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Nah, I came in late. I'll avoid broken stuff but I'd rather it just not be in-game. Self-nerf while sometimes necessary is never fun, better to have different ways to attack a problem.

Brain wired in a different way, no other explanation :shrug:

mediocrepoet

Patron
It's a decent analogy.

Meh, it's the issue with any save or die/save or suck type of mechanics. It's either OP or useless. It's an old problem.

Here you'd have to not just invest in the mythic to overcome immunity, but also your general DCs, so you can have a character that's ultra specialized in one thing if you want to. Same as a lot of the stuff people post in these threads, like the weird gnome illusionist that one shots non-immunes, etc. Or just make an angel oracle blaster, or...

Rhobar121

Scholar
The game is trivial to broken if you have even the slightest knowledge of 3e and even if you don't Owlcat has included things like imposible domain (you should only be able to select it once) and expanded arsenal (still not fixed).
Even without this, divine caster/angel or arcane caster/lich exist and do not require any thought, just choose the most logical class/mythic path combinations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom