Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Leopard is good for early Unfair tank. Seelah was better once she got Tower +3.

Seelah tanking Unfair Graveyard.jpg

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So, I'm starting to play the DLC (Through the Ashes) What kind of starting character you guys suggest? I normaly start with dwarven sword and board (named Frost) but this time I want to try something different.
Open to all suggestions.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
So, I'm starting to play the DLC (Through the Ashes) What kind of starting character you guys suggest? I normaly start with dwarven sword and board (named Frost) but this time I want to try something different.
Open to all suggestions.
Cult Leader (Warpriest) / Knife Master (Rogue).

Rhobar121

Scholar
Open to all suggestions.
Since the level cap is quite low, casters are not very effective.
Virtually every class that is heavily loaded towards the front has quite a lot of potential.
Hunter is pretty good in the DLC. Pets are traditionally very broken at low levels

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Open to all suggestions.
I had some good results with basic INT-based Witch, who gets 2 Hexes early for Slumber and Protective Luck, and got some some healing and useful mage spells like Burning hands on top. Cleric with good Channel count is nice too. And of course pets, so Hunter and Mad Dog barbs ruled there in my runs.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Open to all suggestions.

The 2 story companions are a Rogue and a Sorcerrer. I kinda forgot their archtype.

Outside of your MC you will also be creating 3 Mercenaries with mercenaries buy points much like Varnhold's Lot.

IIRC the whole DLC ends at Level 5 if I remember correctly so consider also the power spike/timing.

Just info so that you have enough information to make a decision.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It would be low key cool if they added some interesting, not broken and not lopsided fighter archetype. I'd just do 20 levels of that and try having FUN.

Just no more of those "make one class into another class by copying that class' features verbatim and making all of it not work in some way or the other" gems at the very least, please.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I've heard Assassin is quite good!
3 Cult Leader / 1 Knife Master / 1 Assassin might be viable. You get 2d6 + 1d8 Sneak Attack, kukris which deal 1d6 damage instead of 1d4 thanks to Sacred Weapon, 3 Divine Favors (+2 to damage and attack rolls due to 3rd level Warpriest) per day + whatever blessings they get. Yeah, you don't get level 2 spells due to the Warpriest spell progression, but the only thing you really miss out on is Grace.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Honestly unless you play on Unfair or something damage is the least of your problem in that DLC. Skill Checks and To Hit is much more important in low level campaign if you play on Hard onwards/

Desiderius

Patron
Open to all suggestions.
Kinnie

The only thing that's truly difficult in TtA is the final boss which is 100% optional. You kind of need touch attacks to hit him unless there's some way to get +25-30 AB by level 5 that I'm unaware of. For everything else if you play by the script the campaign is intended then you don't have too much troubles if you're on an appropriate difficulty level. It is kind of nice to be able to build a character only for levels 3-5 and not need to worry about long term power building. Still meh DLC.

Rhobar121

Scholar
The only thing that's truly difficult in TtA is the final boss which is 100% optional. You kind of need touch attacks to hit him unless there's some way to get +25-30 AB by level 5 that I'm unaware of. For everything else if you play by the script the campaign is intended then you don't have too much troubles if you're on an appropriate difficulty level. It is kind of nice to be able to build a character only for levels 3-5 and not need to worry about long term power building. Still meh DLC.
If he can't hit you, you will eventually kill him with just natural 20.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Open to all suggestions.
I played a quarterstaff monk because I was never going to play one in the full campaign. It went okay, but as a low level campaign, somethnig that peaks earlier is probably better.

Desiderius

Patron
Isn't there also a Dwarf Barb and a weird Fighter or something?

I like to play with companions I'm given for the challenge but the Varnhold ones actually taught me alot about their classes. Not so sure here but I think there's some items you find that go reasonably well with their set-ups.

Desiderius

Patron
Open to all suggestions.
I played a quarterstaff monk because I was never going to play one in the full campaign. It went okay, but as a low level campaign, somethnig that peaks earlier is probably better.
QStaff Master is alot of fun with Angel or Aeon but yeah most of it comes as the dice grow and the CMs come in (and when Legendary Proportions unlocks).

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
So i just started yesterday my Mad Dog Demon run. Shit that class is fun. Charging and Raging is pretty fun and i don't need to think about DCs or AC , just click demons. About to finish Act 2.

And got to Act 3 as Witch Lich, Feast of Blood is just Storm of Justice but worse because it doesn't do shit against undead and swarms.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Open to all suggestions.
Barbarian

Desiderius

Patron
Isn't there also a Dwarf Barb and a weird Fighter or something?

Probably the default class of the merc but you are not locked to them

I pretty much just changed based on what I need considering the MC class
I'm talking about the three dudes (?) you pick up just before the big centipede you can (sort of) bomb from above. Thought they were like Varnhold companions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom