Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
AFAICT Aura of Greater Courage doesn't work tho. Your Auras are 20 ft instead of 10 though. Plus Inspire Courage and still gets Mark of Justice.
Have you actually used Mark of Justice with Martyr? I made one for my run too, but he needs 2 uses of Smite for the Mark but he got none, can't take Abudant/Extra Smite too. My game is hellishly modded and this could cause issues, but for me it looked like devs left ability in the class progression by mistake. Not sure if +Smites items would help either.

Stoned Ape

Savant
AFAICT Aura of Greater Courage doesn't work tho. Your Auras are 20 ft instead of 10 though. Plus Inspire Courage and still gets Mark of Justice.
Have you actually used Mark of Justice with Martyr? I made one for my run too, but he needs 2 uses of Smite for the Mark but he got none, can't take Abudant/Extra Smite too. My game is hellishly modded and this could cause issues, but for me it looked like devs left ability in the class progression by mistake. Not sure if +Smites items would help either.
I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to work. In Pathfinder PnP the only way to get the Martyr's Mark of Justice to activate is to acquire Smite Evil as a class feature from another class after getting to level 11 as a Martyr.

I'm probably just going to run mine as a footslogging Martyr 10/Hellknight 10 and make do with Smite Chaos instead of worrying about it.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Nope I hung that one up at lvl ten after butchering the tailwind. Retraining is pretty cheap so no reason it turns out.

Desiderius

Patron
You get a bonus vs Pirates for being Chaotic or Neutral (double for both) so Pal is probably no bueno in any case.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Just met this guy (my party is 7th level/Mythic 1 at the moment). Interesting career choice from him...

Shifter-Spotted.jpg

His attributes are crap, though. Bro probably didn't even lift.

(Think his AC was only around 19 even when he was alive. Getting a lot of level 16-20 opponents this run, though. The worst ones have been Elder Elementals)

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So I guess that will be DLC of Season Pass2. Probably new class there like the sister. Maybe a companion? Or maybe it launches as part of EE.

Shifter in general is considered sub par in PnP as I understand but let's see if it's good here. Hopefully someone make a Feral Combat Training feat in as a mod

Stoned Ape

Savant
So I guess that will be DLC of Season Pass2. Probably new class there like the sister. Maybe a companion? Or maybe it launches as part of EE.

Shifter in general is considered sub par in PnP as I understand but let's see if it's good here. Hopefully someone make a Feral Combat Training feat in as a mod
Apparently it's a part of the EE. Not a class I'd usually be interested in, but could make an interesting choice for a mercenary in this DLC.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I checked Freebooter and Good Hope in shop. No scrolls for that in shop.. but unlike Bard Freebooter has no limits per day. It is basically if I want buffs that work vs multiple characters in combat vs one. Changing that one during battle just means 2/3 attacks less that turn.

Stoned Ape

Savant
I checked Freebooter and Good Hope in shop. No scrolls for that in shop.. but unlike Bard Freebooter has no limits per day. It is basically if I want buffs that work vs multiple characters in combat vs one. Changing that one during battle just means 2/3 attacks less that turn.
Sorry, it's potions @750 not scrolls @700, remembered it wrong!

Stoned Ape

Savant
This is why I like Freebooter so much:

Freebooter.jpg

Before starting combat I triggered Bond, then immediately fired off Bane onto the Graveknight to let my Paladin ride her horse over in the surprise round and slap him with her greatsword. She counts as flanking because she's saddled up.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Sorry, it's potions @750 not scrolls @700, remembered it wrong!
I took ability with Vivi that uses vivi level when using potions instead of potion level. I noticed even when using those potions on others from vivi quickslots, they still get Vivi levels.

Desiderius

Patron
You can tell where they had to call in the big boy devs to try to save it from the Boggart team*. I guess they're trying to train them to take over PF support/second year of DLC so main devs can do Rogue Trader but my guess is that they lack the PnP/Infinity Engine background so are in over their heads.

* - compare Boggart Cave with Old Sycamore in P:K, total lack of meaningful Perception checks/subplots that made P:K so popular in the first place. Just like Depths you've got one Perception check per level for a hidden door and endless generic loot. The only meaningful/interesting loot is drops from bosses or bought from (static) chest.

So, I got this game after seeing the codex speak so highly of it in spite of the woke content. I figured it had to be pretty damn good to get people to look past the in your face SJW stuff.

So far I'm enjoying it, playing on core, it's pretty hard. Well... hard in places. Swingy really. I saw people had trouble with the tavern defense, I had no trouble with it. But then random stuff in the town square is just kicking my ass. I foolishly finished some summoning ritual and now there's some level 9 demon (Vrook or something?) just kicking my ass.

To touch on the woke stuff, some other posters put it well, since wokesters like to shove their stuff in your face, you get suspicious and then stuff you wouldn't bat an eye at starts looking suspicious. I think all the various RPGs I've played feature some black characters in a fantasy europe setting, and I never thought much of it either way. But Seelah is obnoxious. And it's not because she's black. It's not because her VA is black. It's because her VA talks like a modern american black woman who wants to make absolutely sure you know she's black. It'd be like if there was a character with a pronounced new york accent, it stands out and is obnoxious. But of course, if a character had an obnoxious new york accent you'd be allowed to complain about it in polite company...

The lesbian couple is another thing that's pretty much... who cares, its been done. But the way it's so casually brought up "My wife" as if, of course, women are married to women all the time in fantasy medieval europe... it's just a little odd. Again, no big deal, but it puts you on your guard for more SJW stuff. Which apparently there is.

So I'm hoping the notion that it's all frontloaded for journos is true, although that's hardly the only flaw with the writing. Just overly verbose, I like to read but I find myself skimming constantly.

I am glad for the turn based mode. Helps a lot in the tougher fights, and also helps you understand just what the hell is going on sometimes. Also really glad I waited a year, some of the bugs at release would have probably ruined the game for me.

I'm playing with a chaotic neutral greataxe using dwarf fighter. Probably not the optimal choice but it's fun. My party is Lann, Seelah, thief guy, autistic girl, and Ember. The other witch just seemed redundant.

I cannot get past my need to sell scrolls and potions. Using them in fights feels like throwing money at the enemies. Probably will need to get over that lol.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, I got this game after seeing the codex speak so highly of it in spite of the woke content. I figured it had to be pretty damn good to get people to look past the in your face SJW stuff.

So far I'm enjoying it, playing on core, it's pretty hard. Well... hard in places. Swingy really. I saw people had trouble with the tavern defense, I had no trouble with it. But then random stuff in the town square is just kicking my ass. I foolishly finished some summoning ritual and now there's some level 9 demon (Vrook or something?) just kicking my ass.

To touch on the woke stuff, some other posters put it well, since wokesters like to shove their stuff in your face, you get suspicious and then stuff you wouldn't bat an eye at starts looking suspicious. I think all the various RPGs I've played feature some black characters in a fantasy europe setting, and I never thought much of it either way. But Seelah is obnoxious. And it's not because she's black. It's not because her VA is black. It's because her VA talks like a modern american black woman who wants to make absolutely sure you know she's black. It'd be like if there was a character with a pronounced new york accent, it stands out and is obnoxious. But of course, if a character had an obnoxious new york accent you'd be allowed to complain about it in polite company...

The lesbian couple is another thing that's pretty much... who cares, its been done. But the way it's so casually brought up "My wife" as if, of course, women are married to women all the time in fantasy medieval europe... it's just a little odd. Again, no big deal, but it puts you on your guard for more SJW stuff. Which apparently there is.

So I'm hoping the notion that it's all frontloaded for journos is true, although that's hardly the only flaw with the writing. Just overly verbose, I like to read but I find myself skimming constantly.

I am glad for the turn based mode. Helps a lot in the tougher fights, and also helps you understand just what the hell is going on sometimes. Also really glad I waited a year, some of the bugs at release would have probably ruined the game for me.

I'm playing with a chaotic neutral greataxe using dwarf fighter. Probably not the optimal choice but it's fun. My party is Lann, Seelah, thief guy, autistic girl, and Ember. The other witch just seemed redundant.

I cannot get past my need to sell scrolls and potions. Using them in fights feels like throwing money at the enemies. Probably will need to get over that lol.
Isn't that the same person? :D
Or do you mean Camelia.. how is she autistic?

No, Nenia? Super high int, acts like a retard?

ArchAngel

Arcane

No, Nenia? Super high int, acts like a retard?
Ah yes.. lol I forgot about her. Probably because I don't really register it as a girl.. you have yet to see what comes :D

Stoned Ape

Savant
You can tell where they had to call in the big boy devs to try to save it from the Boggart team*. I guess they're trying to train them to take over PF support/second year of DLC so main devs can do Rogue Trader but my guess is that they lack the PnP/Infinity Engine background so are in over their heads.

* - compare Boggart Cave with Old Sycamore in P:K, total lack of meaningful Perception checks/subplots that made P:K so popular in the first place. Just like Depths you've got one Perception check per level for a hidden door and endless generic loot. The only meaningful/interesting loot is drops from bosses or bought from (static) chest.

There is something weird in the port I've not figured out yet.

If you head towards the mercenary recruiter, you can see a high Lore:Religion check on one of the walls. Underneath it is a hidden socket (High Perception check).

During Voyage 2, when the Chest of the Drowned appears, you can find an item in it that unlocks a portal if you put it in that socket.

In the room beyond the portal, there are a bunch of massacred demons surrounding a magic circle. Around the circle are three places to put objects. I've not found anything I can put into them, yet.

I think it's something to do with the Helmsman, the Talking Chain, and the Greedy Chest, but I think I can't solve it yet. Maybe I'll be able to use it when I get the third treasure.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom