Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
FYI the Colluding Scoundrel ability doesn't even do anything

I am 78% sure that Judgement use isn't blocked by Rage

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You have the Rogue-like now. Set the difficulty to Story, breathe through the content. Level up to the ability you're concerned about, test it, check the log, check the in-game description, make conclusion. Is it so difficult?

Yes, I know that it should have been done by Owlcat Games. They did not. It's their fault. Refund the game or forget it ever existed.

Yes, I know that the GUID instead of the description (as Desiderius showed) is a clear bug. Make a screenshot, highlight the GUID, report the bug. Politely.

Seriously, no one here ever supported production software? And solved client's complaints?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Have you guys scrolled through the AMA? It seems like the "sneak peaks" they've been giving about the EE is actually it. The totality of the content. There's nothing more :lol:

Owlcat AMA said:
New epilogues, photo mode, a number of QoL UI improvements such as inventory search, pet health bars, combat log scrolling, detailed combat log and multiple other minor features, as well as new quest for Legend and multiple interactions for other mythic paths.

Unfortunately Golden Dragon didn't make it into the budget frames. Just an inch off the red cut line, literally. It's a shame, but not something we currently may do anything about. Maybe later someday, but no promises at the moment.

So the Enhanced Edition is really just console support. There's going to be some minor stuff for Legend, Devil and Trickster, a couple of QoL-changes and that's it. There's not even going to be the swath of fixes many people took for granted:

Not at the moment, but we are working on various bug and exploit fixes, so this may be looked at in future.

Should I postpone my playing this thing for the third time or just finally accept that Wrath will never get near the attention paid to Kingmaker in terms of fixing everything

reddit.com/r/OwlcatGames/comments/xm59cz/pathfinder_ama_on_27th_of_september_devoted_to/

user

Savant
Time for me to go through all the questions and downvote those pathetic simps that ask for romance-related stuff.

Edit: oh and anything related to voice acting.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Should I postpone my playing this thing for the third time or just finally accept that Wrath will never get near the attention paid to Kingmaker in terms of fixing everything
Wait for the community patch in a decade or so
It won’t take that long, which is the tragedy of the thing. All this stuff is easily manageable if they just do it, but they’d evidently rather insult the player base instead and chase those big wokel/cosmetic bux while rushing out new games to cash in.

I think they’ll find unfortunately for us all that that’s vaporware too.

Desiderius

Patron
You have the Rogue-like now. Set the difficulty to Story, breathe through the content. Level up to the ability you're concerned about, test it, check the log, check the in-game description, make conclusion. Is it so difficult?

Yes, I know that it should have been done by Owlcat Games. They did not. It's their fault. Refund the game or forget it ever existed.

Yes, I know that the GUID instead of the description (as Desiderius showed) is a clear bug. Make a screenshot, highlight the GUID, report the bug. Politely.

Seriously, no one here ever supported production software? And solved client's complaints?
That’s what I did for years, to the point that I was well known as a shill. How’d that work out? There’s no room to be polite or impolite in bug reporting. You just report it and it gets ignored.

Let me clue you in on something: when somebody patronizes a business the patron is the guy paying the money, not the one relying on it for a living.

You don’t patronize your playerbase, we patronize you. Or don’t, as it happens.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Can someone explain to me why photo mode exists?
I would understand if Larian added it to BG3 because the game looks really good but pathfinder?
Nobody bought this game for graphics. After all, the game looks correct at best. There is a reason why it is quite limited how far you can zoom the camera.
Who the hell decided it was a necessary feature?

As for EE, I had almost zero expectations and I was disappointed anyway.
They might as well have called it patch x.x.x because they didn't add anything at all.

It's good that their next game is Warhammer40k, I will have literally zero motivation to buy it at full price.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
The thing I'll ultimately remember WotR for is that vanilla-release, pre-optimized Alushinyrra caused my desktop's power supply to prolapse. Kept me off of it for a week while I got a replacement.

Substantial content being added for EE was always a pipedream, but it can be fun to dream sometimes.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The thing I'll ultimately remember WotR for is that vanilla-release, pre-optimized Alushinyrra caused my desktop's power supply to prolapse. Kept me off of it for a week while I got a replacement.
Which means you had a shitty power supply, and the game made you realize it. Never skimp on power supplies in desktop builds. Never buy them in Walmart, either.

Dhaze

Cipher
A lot of stuff is still broken, you can skim though posts in this thread even. Fixing class abilities/feats/etc does not seem to be a priority for them and while EE might (?) fix some things, you can be sure it will break a lot of stuff, too.

Thank you for answering.

Well that's disappointing. Meaning I'll delay reinstalling the game, yet again. Hopefully in another three or four months, with the EE out the way, some serious work will have been devoted to the bugs themselves; and if not, I'll look through the notes of TabletopTweaks to see what the good people behind that mod might have managed to fix.

Isn't Gold Dragon one of the most underdeveloped paths? I was kind of miffed when I saw EE would have changes to Devil, Legend and Trickster, but that Gold Dragon specifically would receive no changes. It is also the only path that to my knowledge has been confirmed as receiving no changes?

About any addition to the Gold Dragon path, I stumbled onto this fourteen-day-old quote from Owlcat's Community Liaison on Reddit: "Not this time I'm afraid. I'm sorry. It's a big downer for us as well, but it didn't fit in the timeframe and budget for EE. The ideas for the new stuff are still there however, and there are people on the team who'd love to see them in, so don't lose hope just yet, my winged friends."

With the incoming EE I was thinking specifically of going Scaled Fist > Crossblooded > Dragon Disciple into Gold Dragon, but if there's no content added to the already indigent Gold Dragon path, and there's still a shitload of bugs or non-functionnal stuff remaining, well... at this point my enthusiasm has been pretty much dashed.

Stoned Ape

Savant

With the incoming EE I was thinking specifically of going Scaled Fist > Crossblooded > Dragon Disciple into Gold Dragon, but if there's no content added to the already indigent Gold Dragon path, and there's still a shitload of bugs or non-functionnal stuff remaining, well... at this point my enthusiasm has been pretty much dashed.
I hate to come of all Desi, but you'd probably be better off just going plain 20 Dragon Bloodline Sorcerer with second bloodline abyssal mythic. You'd get a strength boost, an AC boost, make to to CL 20 (which Gold Dragon's energy transfer for all spells to holy damage makes very good use of) and not nerf your casting. Your BAB would get to 15 + Mythic Rrank when you hit MR 9, so you don't have to worry about BAB either, and it retroactively sets your hit dice to d12, so hit points aren't a problem.

Alternatively, get to 19th level as sorcerer, then dip 1 level of scaled fist at level 20 if you want an AC boost for your dragon form.

Desiderius

Patron
Have you guys scrolled through the AMA? It seems like the "sneak peaks" they've been giving about the EE is actually it. The totality of the content. There's nothing more :lol:

Owlcat AMA said:
New epilogues, photo mode, a number of QoL UI improvements such as inventory search, pet health bars, combat log scrolling, detailed combat log and multiple other minor features, as well as new quest for Legend and multiple interactions for other mythic paths.

Unfortunately Golden Dragon didn't make it into the budget frames. Just an inch off the red cut line, literally. It's a shame, but not something we currently may do anything about. Maybe later someday, but no promises at the moment.

So the Enhanced Edition is really just console support. There's going to be some minor stuff for Legend, Devil and Trickster, a couple of QoL-changes and that's it. There's not even going to be the swath of fixes many people took for granted:

Not at the moment, but we are working on various bug and exploit fixes, so this may be looked at in future.

reddit.com/r/OwlcatGames/comments/xm59cz/pathfinder_ama_on_27th_of_september_devoted_to/
Or you can just let Yosharian or Daidre know what you’d like to try and they can tell you what’s working.

Desiderius

Patron
Reading AMA.

Dumb Westerners want knights in shining armour, Ratfolk, and romance with Woljif.

:rage:
Don’t write for the dumb ones. We’ll see how writing for the smart ones works with Old World. Been awhile since anybody tried.

Dhaze

Cipher

I hate to come of all Desi, but you'd probably be better off just going plain 20 Dragon Bloodline Sorcerer with second bloodline abyssal mythic. You'd get a strength boost, an AC boost, make to to CL 20 (which Gold Dragon's energy transfer for all spells to holy damage makes very good use of) and not nerf your casting. Your BAB would get to 15 + Mythic Rrank when you hit MR 9, so you don't have to worry about BAB either, and it retroactively sets your hit dice to d12, so hit points aren't a problem.

Alternatively, get to 19th level as sorcerer, then dip 1 level of scaled fist at level 20 if you want an AC boost for your dragon form.

I appreciate the counsel, but this time I intended to go more for the role part of roleplay rather than head full-steam into powergaming territory. With most companions in Wrath Of The Righteous being insufferable idiots, I kind of have to invent stuff in my head to make the story palatable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom