Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

ferratilis

Magister
Enhanced Edition also is going to be available for everyone this Fall, it will have new features and quality of life improvements. We will reveal the full list of features later but we can share that it will include photo mode as well as additional high-level content related to several mythic paths.

More high-level content is always welcome, but photo mode?! In a cRPG?! We truly live in the end times.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Daeran? Maybe? But he comes with 3 levels taken, so not optimal.

I'd just respec Daeran fully to bard with mods and Nenio to BFT.

I like the idea and did that to Nenio previously. But it was pretty buggy. On level ups she'd get "bonus" skill points, like she was 3 levels higher (those were fortunately gone in actual gameplay). Worse, she did get to pick feats during level-ups - but those were gone in actual game too...
In the end, after 10 levels or so with no new feats, I have added her a few feats manually with Toybox.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Don't know what to think about further dlc, which always break stuff in their case, and decentralizing production. A bit afraid that the game will never reach a confident, bug free status. Wrath is also yuge as it is, instead of piling more stuff on (particularly low effort stuff like the last time) they should focus on fleshing out shit that's already in there.

Reinhardt

Arcane
desiderius compensating for all the pages he missed

PX2S9Wu.jpg

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
I had started a second playthrough, but I've lost motivation since they're releasing so much random shit for it. I might have to come back to the game when it's complete instead.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Saw something here that the merged spellbooks were fucked up.
Complicated story. Spell learning progression for spontaneous casters is very weird after merge. Everyone scream it is bugged but Owlcat claims that it is how it was supposed to work from the very beginning. In the end, after a very detailed and upvoted post on reddit, Community Liaison answered that it is definitely not bugged but they will look into it to make it less retarded in some big patch.

Does not affect prepared casters afaik.

EDIT: link to the post

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
Complicated story. Spell learning progression for spontaneous casters is very weird after merge. Everyone scream it is bugged but Owlcat claims that it is how it was supposed to work from the very beginning. In the end, after a very detailed and upvoted post on reddit, Community Liaison answered that it is definitely not bugged but they will look into it to make it less retarded in some big patch.

This doesn't seem too bad, without abuse you might lose a few spells known during C3, but get it back later. And if you abuse it's pure profit.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

I despise it when a game incentivizes withholding level ups. I've run through Taris enough times at level 1 to be over it.

Cenobyte

Prophet
Finally finished this game at 341h :roll::lol:

The endgame was actually rather difficult due to suboptimal character builts and no respecs (played on core difficulty throughout the game). Most difficult fight was most likely that electric balor since I already spent all my useful spells in earlier battles on the map and forgot to buy diamonds before entering Threshold :roll:. In the end I lost all 5 party members except the commander, who went berserk due to demongraft and never returned to my control. Still managed to kill the last surviving enemy in auto mode and could then revive the other party members just inside Threshold fortress with the diamonds and scrolls I bought from the priestess in the camp.

Also had to cheat on Areelu a little bit (just couldn't complete the second phase of that fight... luckily you can completely avoid that if you successfully talk with her).

And I friggin' didn't get those arrow puzzles in Nenio's dungeon. Had to refer to a guide to solve those :roll:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Paladin doesn't really need all the levels, can easily multi at, for example lvl 14.
You won't lose much.

Depends if you have the Divine Mount or Divine Weapon? A pet class need its level to be effective altho granted you can multi into something with Pet (e.g. Cav).

For the most part full Paladin works good enough for the base game altho with Boon Companion you can take 4 level of other Class multi with Paladin + Divine Mount. Bard/Sklad 4 Paladin 16 can be OK I guess? Archmage Armour iirc is always good later and running naked + Archmage armor + plethora of Dex buffs usually ended with higher AC than using Plate Armour+5 unless you are a Fighter

It's just bad. Trust me, I've done both. Pal needs the levels for like ten different reasons. The fourth level spells high among them (some of the best/most unique in the game) and getting the duration up on the ones before that. The 17th level ability is great as well and you want it ASAP.

A shame, as I need my Dirge of Doom ASAP. Normally on Seelah, but maybe I need to look whom else I could multiclass to bard (not Skald, as Inspire Rage cancels spellcasting and spell-like ability use - such as Travel Domain Dimension Hop).
Not Cam/Ember, as they need 8 class levels ASAP for Evil Eye upgrades.
Not Woljif, I love him too much as Rogue/Vivi. Hell, I tend to even mix Freebooter there.
Reg comes with 5 levels taken, so too late.
Nenio? I need my Brown Fur Transmuter.
Lann? Hmmm, maybe? Kinda low Cha for a Bard, though. Thought about making him a Judge maybe.

...perhaps a merc? I don't like them too much, but maybe need to make concessions for a Bard.. and maybe Brown Fur Transmuter, since full companion respecs are screwy.

Bards are underpowered in Wrath.

Desiderius

Patron

I'd just respec Daeran fully to bard with mods and Nenio to BFT.

I like the idea and did that to Nenio previously. But it was pretty buggy. On level ups she'd get "bonus" skill points, like she was 3 levels higher (those were fortunately gone in actual gameplay). Worse, she did get to pick feats during level-ups - but those were gone in actual game too...
In the end, after 10 levels or so with no new feats, I have added her a few feats manually with Toybox.

This is a different game from PK. Time to find some new approaches. That's what makes it fun.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

my plans of playing this during summer holidays since it would surely be free of major weirdness by then are looking grim

Sharpedge

Prophet
I have been having fun recently trying to plan how I would go about a 0 rest run on unfair. I am pretty sure its possible, but the character sheets are going to look like memes because you won't be able to benefit from spells much aside from scrolls.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I've used this mod it a lot. It would work the same way as in Kingmaker if you clear all checkboxes. You could even keep companion stats as they were before.
ay6Zuni.png
Another thing, you can't switch the mod off after respec as it was possible in Kingmaker. Starting companion classes kinda enforced on each level up and it causes a ton of bugs. I have only noticed problems with -1 Level/Mythic options.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Paladin doesn't really need all the levels, can easily multi at, for example lvl 14.
You won't lose much.

Depends if you have the Divine Mount or Divine Weapon? A pet class need its level to be effective altho granted you can multi into something with Pet (e.g. Cav).

For the most part full Paladin works good enough for the base game altho with Boon Companion you can take 4 level of other Class multi with Paladin + Divine Mount. Bard/Sklad 4 Paladin 16 can be OK I guess? Archmage Armour iirc is always good later and running naked + Archmage armor + plethora of Dex buffs usually ended with higher AC than using Plate Armour+5 unless you are a Fighter

It's just bad. Trust me, I've done both. Pal needs the levels for like ten different reasons. The fourth level spells high among them (some of the best/most unique in the game) and getting the duration up on the ones before that. The 17th level ability is great as well and you want it ASAP.

A shame, as I need my Dirge of Doom ASAP. Normally on Seelah, but maybe I need to look whom else I could multiclass to bard (not Skald, as Inspire Rage cancels spellcasting and spell-like ability use - such as Travel Domain Dimension Hop).
Not Woljif, I love him too much as Rogue/Vivi. Hell, I tend to even mix Freebooter there.
Lann? Hmmm, maybe? Kinda low Cha for a Bard, though. Thought about making him a Judge maybe.

...perhaps a merc? I don't like them too much, but maybe need to make concessions for a Bard.. and maybe Brown Fur Transmuter, since full companion respecs are screwy.

Dirge of Doom plus Shatter Defences still dominates.
Of course, you can replace it with Frightful Aspect eventually... but this 7-8 level difference feels like eternity!

Humbaba

Arcane
I've wanted to finally do my final playthrough as swarm but seeing as the patch train ain't stopping and the upcoming DLC is sure to ruin a couple more things it seems like I'll have to wait a couple more months :negative:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Frankly I am conflicted whether to start 2nd playhtrough after finishing these 2 DLC or just wait until Fall where the supposed Enhanced edition will be out.

Unlike KM, WotR has pacing issue during 4th and 5th chapter, not to mention the Crusade Mode being also massive pace breaker that I am thinking whether its worth to play now or just wait for big patch and hope that some sort of CotW big mod will be out later

Sarathiour

Cipher
I have been having fun recently trying to plan how I would go about a 0 rest run on unfair. I am pretty sure its possible, but the character sheets are going to look like memes because you won't be able to benefit from spells much aside from scrolls.

Pretty sure you will have to rely on full merc or deactivate weight limitation, otherwise enjoy the crawl with all those dex character getting -6 strength.

Sharpedge

Prophet

Pretty sure you will have to rely on full merc or deactivate weight limitation, otherwise enjoy the crawl with all those dex character getting -6 strength.
There are enough scrolls of restoration to keep yourself unfatigued throughout the entire game. That was, in fact, part of my plan.

Delterius

Arcane

There are enough scrolls of restoration to keep yourself unfatigued throughout the entire game. That was, in fact, part of my plan.
performance enhancing drugs can't substitute a good night's sleep please set a good example for the children of the crusade

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
This change seems Huge!

• The DC for most mythic abilities now is 10 + half character level + mythic rank + max ability modifier

Maybe some of those abilities with saves will finally have some value.

I'm looking even more forward to my Aeon playtrough now.

Desiderius

Patron
You won't lose much.

Dirge of Doom plus Shatter Defences still dominates.
Of course, you can replace it with Frightful Aspect eventually... but this 7-8 level difference feels like eternity!

I stopped using Dirge when they got rid of song stacking in PK. A lot of other ways to apply Shaken. Really only need Shatter for bosses and there can just use Demoralize, but I’ve usually got Reg Dazzling with Fearsomeness or something anyway. That Seashell might be the most important item in the game lol.

Bards/Skald MCs are great with Azata but otherwise have a hard time being relevant compared to alternatives since there isn’t a Bard/Skald companion and even if there were would have a hard time landing spells. I’ve done the mercs and was underwhelmed.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom