Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
I was able to load a save so anyone experiencing save load issues is probably running mods

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Oh god... oh no... Either I'm blind or killing enemies doesn't give xp in the dlc, you get small amounts for finding secrets, avoiding traps or doing certain checkpoints instead.

Jooooooooooooooooooooooosh!

A-Minish

Educated
I was about to start an Aeon run but I think I will wait a few more months, just to be sure to have a stable version with mods up-to-date and compatible. I suppose the next one will be out in a month or 2. At least it gives more time to finish IWD2.

About the Aeon, I heard it was "boosted" a few months ago. Is it worth it or is it a dead-weight/barely usefull in Core difficulty ?

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I was about to start an Aeon run but I think I will wait a few more months, just to be sure to have a stable version with mods up-to-date and compatible. I suppose the next one will be out in a month or 2. At least it gives more time to finish IWD2.

About the Aeon, I heard it was "boosted" a few months ago. Is it worth it or is it a dead-weight/barely usefull in Core difficulty ?

It was never deadweight. Aeonbane alone is pretty huge because decent Dispels are both very useful and very rare. It was just poorly implemented since you could only turn it on in combat and the timing of Swifts is very unreliable in RTwP, plus the other main ability and many of the spells are also Swifts and people wanted to play it with Inquisitor which is already Swift-clogged and it was kind of a cluster.

But giving all classes access to Divine Favor/Power/Archons (like Bloodrager) and Aeonbane alone were worth it.

A-Minish

Educated
Thanks for the infos. A bit more research tell me all those are rather handy, especially the dispel capacity. I wanted to play a drovier so Aeon might not be a bad combo after all.

Now as a futur Aeon I hope I will be able to hang Anevia, Irabeth and the queen for deviancy and incompetence(probably not but a man can dream :D).

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Now as a futur Aeon I hope I will be able to hang Anevia, Irabeth and the queen for deviancy and incompetence(probably not but a man can dream :D).
Not spoiling anything, but it's amazing to see whom do an Aeon's eyes see as worthy to join his cohorts. It's actually one of the best parts of the game. Have fun!

Desiderius

Patron
well I could get to the game and play the new DLC but that might be because I am not having much mod expect toybox

the DLC is probably the first time Stealth button being useful outside of disarming trap in the main campaign whose button lies behind some enemies

you can actually disengage from enemy instead of them chasing you to the end of the earth

the most dangerous enemy so far is rat swarm because you dont have access to bombs, i guess alchemist or arcane caster with AoE spells will have much easier time if you do need to fight

I use it pretty much every fight to gain surprise and direct the flow of battle. Why would you want to disengage and run away when you’ve got the enemy flat-footed and at your mercy?

Is this why people worry so much about AC?

Ghulgothas

Arcane
So.

Is it SHIT like the last one was?

The Steam reviews aren't particularly helpful yet.
What-Really-Matters.png

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why write about the game you're reviewing when you can virtue signal about current events instead? People need to learn about time and place. i.e. if you're writing a game review, review the fucking game, don't blog about your feelings about the news.

Sarathiour

Cipher
A dozen page i was complaining about bolster metamagic not working with touch spell.

That was very naïve of me, I just learnt today that's actually all the fucking metamagic feat not working on some spell, and that concern mainly touch spell, and all of the touch attack.
It was working fine in Kingamker, H O W did they manage to actually create bug on existing mechanic in a sequel.

Well mod fix it, but the issue still being ignored after nearly a year is ridiculous.
  • Disrupting Weapon spell can now be subjected to metamagic;
Yeah, fuck you too.

Can somebody throw together a decent Eldritch Archer mod? I'd love to play one but the half-assery is too painful. It's literally Ranged Spell Combat/Strike tacked onto a base Magus so all the spells and abilities are melee-focused. Nice Heavy Armor there, just what an Archer needs.

You can't even Spellstrike the (several) melee touch spells with Reach metamagic.

Close rang arcana is still not a thing despite being the reverse ( ranged touch attack into a melle spellstrike) being way easier to make, so I would not get my hope on.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
For my new Sanctified Slayer dual-wielding rider Kitsune I can't quite decide if I want to go with Str focus (meaning start with balanced stats for dual wielding - something like 15 Str and 15 Dex on start, with points into Str) or Dex focus (probably 19 Dex, 10 Str).

The first option will offer great variety of weapons my character will be able to use - all the best one handed arms he can find. Plus will benefit more from Str buffs (can't go overboard with size altering as a rider who wants to stay Medium/Small though - so for a large part of the game, Reduce Person might actually be more desirable - later on likely would stack Frightful Aspect/LP WITH Reduce to keep the model small - unless they correct this interaction) and items like Shy Lilly's Helmet.

The second seems more optimal stat wise, BUT will cost an extra feat and Mythic Feat (Weapon Finesse + Mythic) - while being already quite feat-starved. Worse, WF Mythic can be taken earliest in late Act 2 (around level 8 I believe) and before that he might struggle a little with damage. And would likely need to post-pone stuff like like Elemental Barrage if I go that way and Mythic TWF A LOT. And the weapon selection would be much more narrow. Better Initiative, AC, Reflex and Dex skills, including Mobility for Mounted abilities and Trickery for that sweet trap xp, though.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I mean, Destroyer of Planes is very good and comes with Agile. Late-game, though.

Edit: Oh you're dual-wielding? Never mind then

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
I mean, Destroyer of Planes is very good and comes with Agile. Late-game, though.

Edit: Oh you're dual-wielding? Never mind then

Don't need to dual-wield same weapons. The idea was to use what's best available at the moment / I like most.
Not sure I want to burn a feat on Exotics, though.

I will need Weapon Focus for Shatter Defenses anyway and maybe eventually pick Improved Critical + Mythic because of my inner munchkin. But for those I'm leaning towards either handaxes (Grave Singer is nice and early - or can pick Scorpion's Stinger for Elemental Barrages; much later there is a nice one to pair it with in Act V) or maybe kukuris (for that unique one in Areelu's Lab for Elemental Barrage - not very original, I know). Entomber warhammer is tempting, but its pretty late, poor crit properties and difficult to find an appropriate (preferably blunt, due to Vulnerability it bestows) weapon to pair it with. And of course, can't Finesse Entomber.

Yosharian

Arcane
Handaxes is probably the best bet what with Peacemaker being a thing - Shatter Defenses even on targets immune to Shaken.

Brickfrog

Learned
Does anyone know if the "Hunters surprise" advanced rogue feat, which reads "until the end of her next turn, she can add her sneak attack damage to all attacks made. . . Even if she is not flanking it or it is not flat-footed," will apply sneak attack damage to enemies that are normally immune?

Desiderius

Patron
For my new Sanctified Slayer dual-wielding rider Kitsune I can't quite decide if I want to go with Str focus (meaning start with balanced stats for dual wielding - something like 15 Str and 15 Dex on start, with points into Str) or Dex focus (probably 19 Dex, 10 Str).

The first option will offer great variety of weapons my character will be able to use - all the best one handed arms he can find. Plus will benefit more from Str buffs (can't go overboard with size altering as a rider who wants to stay Medium/Small though - so for a large part of the game, Reduce Person might actually be more desirable - later on likely would stack Frightful Aspect/LP WITH Reduce to keep the model small - unless they correct this interaction) and items like Shy Lilly's Helmet.

The second seems more optimal stat wise, BUT will cost an extra feat and Mythic Feat (Weapon Finesse + Mythic) - while being already quite feat-starved. Worse, WF Mythic can be taken earliest in late Act 2 (around level 8 I believe) and before that he might struggle a little with damage. And would likely need to post-pone stuff like like Elemental Barrage if I go that way and Mythic TWF A LOT. And the weapon selection would be much more narrow. Better Initiative, AC, Reflex and Dex skills, including Mobility for Mounted abilities and Trickery for that sweet trap xp, though.

Thoughts?

You don't need Barrage.

Desiderius

Patron
Does anyone know if the "Hunters surprise" advanced rogue feat, which reads "until the end of her next turn, she can add her sneak attack damage to all attacks made. . . Even if she is not flanking it or it is not flat-footed," will apply sneak attack damage to enemies that are normally immune?

Good question, and relevant, although Sneaks can get outclassed.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

Thoughts?

You don't need Barrage.

I guess not. Particularly if I don't use that silly kukuri.

But maybe you have some thoughs on the Str vs Dex focus dilemma, Desiderius?

Haplo

Prophet
Patron

I only know that Vital Force used to work on sneak immunes. No idea if that can be relevant or not (or whether still true).

Brickfrog

Learned

Good question, and relevant, although Sneaks can get outclassed.
My PC is a single class dex vivisectionist/trickster. It's my first playthrough on daring and I'm going for some kind of kitsune natural attack + kukri crit build. I'm sure I'm less than optimal in all sorts of ways, but do you have a suggestion for an advanced rogue talent for that sort of build? I was also thinking about wearying strike because getting the -1 constitution dubuff from all of my natural attacks sounds pretty powerful?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom