Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What do you know, both Desiderius' Drahonheir Scion Dazzling Display bug and Yosharian's Mighty Charge bug appear to have been squashed?
Nice job, Owlcats!

Yosharian

Arcane
Highlights:
Numerous fixes for Azata’s abilities and spells;
Radiance now dispels magic much more effectively;
Mighty Charge allows to select the combat maneuver to perform and it won’t provoke the attack of the opportunity anymore;
Witches and shamans will stop casting evil eye on their friends now;

Yosharian

Arcane
Fiery Body and Iron Body spells now work with Brown-Fur Transmuter;

Fixed the crashing when Charge was used together with Demonic Rage;

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
There was also a note about Hunter's Animal Focus being changed to Inherent type... but its gone now.
Guess Hunters are still left in the dust :lol:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
“It was impossible to loot a chest with magic essence in Reliable Redoubt – fixed”

lol there was an Essence in there? Headed back.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
“It was impossible to loot a chest with magic essence in Reliable Redoubt – fixed”

lol there was an Essence in there? Headed back.
Yes, EE broke it - it was visible with TAB highlight but looting was impossible. I have reported it.

I guess all of us were reporting something.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I wonder if it is the last patch for the bugs introduced by EE.
I hope not.

They've definitely allocated some budget for bugfixing and right now they are surprisingly attentive to their bug reports, fixing some ancient mechanical issues that existed long before EE.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I hope not.

They've definitely allocated some budget for bugfixing and right now they are surprisingly attentive to their bug reports, fixing some ancient mechanical issues that existed long before EE.
They might've clued in to some of the comments that have been posted on their forums, KS, etc. These might be from Codexers, but either way, some people have been pretty vocally pissed and letting the Owlcats know about it.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I decided to persist with my sanctified slayer aeon run in hope of maybe finally beating the game, but, uh, it's just fucking broken, isn't it? Somewhere around Wintersun most enemies started aggresively targeting Ember (was not a thing at any point before), but apparently she is 100% immortal. She gets completely ganged on and verbally complains a little, but otherwise stays standing firm at permanent 0hp, tanking dozens upon dozens of spells, arrows and weapon hits like a total champ.
The only way to fix this is to use a toybox and remove all buffs from the character.
For some reason characters during cutscenes get a buff that makes them immortal (similar to Regil during his quest). Of course, the script that removes it can break randomly (because why not) and the character remains immortal forever.

Desiderius

Patron
Isn't it because she's a kid?

How about not sucking so bad that Ember of all people gets ganked?

Dhaze

Cipher
I hope not.

They might've clued in to some of the comments that have been posted on their forums, KS, etc. These might be from Codexers, but either way, some people have been pretty vocally pissed and letting the Owlcats know about it.
Yeah, even on Reddit of all places I've seen a change of attitude since the Enhanced Edition's release.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
The only way to fix this is to use a toybox and remove all buffs from the character.
For some reason characters during cutscenes get a buff that makes them immortal (similar to Regil during his quest). Of course, the script that removes it can break randomly (because why not) and the character remains immortal forever.
Yup, already read this thanks to Yosharian. And apparently it's a very old bug as well, cause, like you've said, why not. The part that's a bit mysterious is why suddenly all the mobs got attracted to her like flies to shit, zooming through my frontline eating AOOs like candy. Previously it was either the nearest char or my MC getting focused 90% of the time.

Rhobar121

Scholar
What about mid-game, where most of the game happens, though? I guess Soulshear is serviceable, but... really feels weak next to a generic fauchard, not to mention Grave Singer or Wide Sweep if you don't care about reach much.
Imho, Glaive is bad weapon for professional melees, especially MC, but pretty solid for support-focused builds who can't really afford some parts of Improved Crit/Shatter/Outflank package.
Currently, I take Guided Hand (feat, STR > WIS for attack bonus on deity's favored weapon) from some mod on Sosiel and he is more than competent with Soulshear, if the sheer number of demons he spawns with it is something to judge him by.
Um, why not just buff his STR instead? Lol and use Enlarge effects? He *really* doesn't have room for Guided Hand when he can barely afford Outflank. (Mythic) Evo Focus for Archon's is a higher priority.

Glad you're finally admitting that he can be an offensive force. And yes it was the demon spawns that give it away. Can't believe the endgame theorycrafters are taking a Feat that gets completely obsoleted by Frightful Aspect.
Wasting mythic feats for one spell is a bad idea, especially with Sosiel. He has enough better choices.
Without spell penetration the other evocation spells will be useless and you still need an outflank early on.
If you want to invest in an evocation for Archon's Aura, it's better to do it on Daeran.
Lost in abstraction again.

(a) depends on the spell, and how much difference the 4 DC makes (literally every single mob you fight will have to pass it). There’s no other spell like it. THE biggest reason to bring a Divine Caster (as opposed to Inq/Shaman).

(b) Not every threat you need to take out even has SR. Notably Zach doesn’t.

(c) Mythic evo focus gets better the later in the game, and by then you can get enough Spell Pen as well.

(d) Respec with Spell Pen in place of Extra Channel/Toughness and Piercing Rod if you want to cast spells thru SR (like Prayer) early. O/W you can still get there by lvl 13 (or 11 if you burn a Mythic on a Feat)

(e) Oracle is no better (or worse) than Cleric, just slower Spell Progression.
a) This still requires spending 2 feats and 1 mythic feat on a character who is hungry for feats anyway.
Sosiel has a lot of much better choices. With the impossible domain alone you will get many more bonuses.
b) About 90% of the dangerous enemies in this game are demons, which tend to have quite a high SR.
c) In the game you actually have a lot of items for SP, the problem is that you have other characters that need them more.
d) So to make the character not useless for most of the game you have to practically remake it from scratch?
e) Oracle is better for what you want to do. Practically from the 1st act you have access to items that give you free spells.
You can easily get both red salamander and stormlord resolve which give you tons of good evocation spells.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope not.

I don't know about that.

If by "ancient mechanical issues" you mean immortal Ember and other weird things in the game, then it's OK.

If it is something like Crane Style working with something in the second hand, then I don't know. At this time they look more like home rules than bugs.

Not everything from user bug reports should be fixed. Moreover, not all user bug reports worth consideration.

Rhobar121

Scholar
I hope not.

I don't know about that.

If by "ancient mechanical issues" you mean immortal Ember and other weird things in the game, then it's OK.

If it is something like Crane Style working with something in the second hand, then I don't know. At this time they look more like home rules than bugs.

Not everything from user bug reports should be fixed. Moreover, not all user bug reports worth consideration.
The game came out over a year ago and there are still bugs from the very beginning.
It's even a shame to mention the critical bugs that are introduced with each patch.
The truth is that owlcat employees are a bunch of incompetent morons who can't even get their own code in order.
If in a patch they can break something that worked properly for a year, then you definitely have to be talented. I would forgive it if they fixed it after 2-3 days but no.
I bet something like quality control is a concept that Russians don't understand.

Desiderius

Patron
a) This still requires spending 2 feats and 1 mythic feat on a character who is hungry for feats anyway.
Sosiel has a lot of much better choices. With the impossible domain alone you will get many more bonuses.
b) About 90% of the dangerous enemies in this game are demons, which tend to have quite a high SR.
c) In the game you actually have a lot of items for SP, the problem is that you have other characters that need them more.
d) So to make the character not useless for most of the game you have to practically remake it from scratch?
e) Oracle is better for what you want to do. Practically from the 1st act you have access to items that give you free spells.
You can easily get both red salamander and stormlord resolve which give you tons of good evocation spells.
Oh for fuck sake.

a) Yeah, that's why I typically don't take them up front or at all depending. Moot now since I've just respecced him to get them in place of the weak Feats he starts with, and I've got Piercing Rods for Prayer. The Mythic doesn't do much until later on anyway so it makes more sense to hold off on it to get there with late game nukes in vanilla.

b) Again with the abstractions pulled out of your ass. The things I use Sound Burst on are often not even Demons. Cultists and Votaries are a threat he's well-placed to take out. That's his role until endgame nukes come in. And yeah Archon's bypasses all that Demon SR and sets them up for Nenio AoE enemies only control.

c) They get more plentiful as the game goes on. Sos has two other good action econs until then (one Full/Standard, the other Swift), but Archon's doesn't use any econ at all, Prayer buffs my team regardless (and is no Save so even getting thru half the SR is fine) and Sound Burst as we've been over is for Human casters or other things with low SR anyway.

d) If your Sos is useless that's a you problem. Vanilla he focuses on attacking (with self-buffs), buffing, Archon's debuff, domain, and controlling casters until Spell Pen comes in later. That's... alot. Main reason for respec is simply that this team already has two Heavy wearers and no Medium so just wanted a conventional Cleric. Prayer goes from meh to good, Arrow of Law turns on, and Burst gets more targets. Marginal improvement but nothing like what FreeKaner is describing. He's not there to Dismiss bosses.

e) You have no idea what you're talking about. Sos already *has* good Evo spells in this setting. That Ring is anything but free and three's a lot of items I want to buy (especially modded with Piercing Rods and the like). This is the same issue with EK and Impossible Domain. You guys stack five parallel action economies* on one character instead of making any one of them good and think you're doing something. That's the same mistake I came to the Codex to make and Daidre rightly pwned me for it.

* - Archon's is so good because it takes no Action Econ at all.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
The truth is that owlcat employees are a bunch of incompetent morons who can't even get their own code in order.
Yes, surely. Never mind that they created 2 best isometric RPG's after Baldur's Gate or (tentatively) after Dragon Age: Origins.

And before that Mishulin and some other higher-ups created Silent Storm. Only Phoenix Point came close to the level of simulation made in this 20 years old game.
If in a patch they can break something that worked properly for a year, then you definitely have to be talented. I would forgive it if they fixed it after 2-3 days but no.
I bet something like quality control is a concept that Russians don't understand.
As well as, say, Mark Zuckerberg. "Move fast and break things", huh? Helped him to become a multi-billionaire alright. So unless Owlcat Games are developing software for Moscow subway signals I'm OK with their QA process.

However, in the end you will all suck it from Owlcat's, because no one west of the Oder will create anything remotely that ambitious and good in the next 5 years. Until the woke crisis in the West is somehow resolved.

Desiderius

Patron
Ok that's a little harsh
They've got some very competent ones. Better than competent. Wintersun may be my favorite map I've ever played with all the subplots and hidden stuff. The problem is that they're typically working on the next game instead of getting the current game into the kind of shape that those areas are.

As well as, say, Mark Zuckerberg. "Move fast and break things", huh? Helped him to become a multi-billionaire alright. So unless Owlcat Games are developing software for Moscow subway signals I'm OK with their QA process.

However, in the end you will all suck it from Owlcat's, because no one west of the Oder will create anything remotely that ambitious and good in the next 5 years. Until the woke crisis in the West will be somehow resolved.
Mish >>> Zuck. Zuck's a schmuck who was in the right place at the right time.

Pierre's West of the Oder. Woke is weeds growing in razed and salted fields, and not just in the West as you're seeing now with your Special Olympics Military Operation. The weeds will eventually replenish even that soil.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom