Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
I thought they would have managed to add some mythic feats for armor wearing frontliners by enhanced edition that already exists in the ruleset but I guess that was hopeful thinking for Owlcat's "permanent early access". Time to shelf this some more, I just can't tolerate armor being so weak.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I must say, I'm quite enjoying the Trickster Mobility 2 build and playstyle on Unfair.
Finally a "right" build for Unfair. Both my character and the enemies are "Unfair" tier.
Mobility slays, but needs nearly full buffs, including Domain buffs, at all times.
And small slips cost a reload...

Random Omoxes at Midnight Fane have 80 CMD on Unfair...

Yosharian

Arcane
I thought they would have managed to add some mythic feats for armor wearing frontliners by enhanced edition that already exists in the ruleset but I guess that was hopeful thinking for Owlcat's "permanent early access". Time to shelf this some more, I just can't tolerate armor being so weak.
Yeah I think those will be coming in the next update with the new class

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Tabletop Tweaks has some Mythics for Armor.

FreeKaner

Tabletop Tweaks has some Mythics for Armor.

Yeah the mythics that exist in the ruleset that Owlcat didn't implement. Part of the reason why pyjama tanking is so good is because Owlcat didn't implement any of the alternatives for AC stacking nor are there nearly enough magic armors in the game for some reason. I still think purely stacking AC is bad and just clutch for bad gameplay saved because of how much damage mythic paths give but it should at least be a possibility and armor shouldn't feel so weak

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Sheesh. I visited WotR reviews on GoG.

I didn't realize Owlcat lost so much good will because of that spyware drama.

Yikes.

Last edited:

GentlemanCthulhu

Liturgist
Sheesh. I visited WotR site on GoG.

I didn't realize Owlcat lost so much good will because of that spyware drama.

Yikes.
Wait so did they remove the spyware or what?
People still bitching about it and review bombing. So I assume it's still there?
Kind of a serious issue since the dev is russian in this time and age. I planned on buying the game but will instead pirate and sandbox it. Thanks for the headsup.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I still think the "best" part of this ordeal is that the game forces the EULA upon you when booting and then crashes to desktop if you have the gall to click "no". They also added this long after the release, which is an extremely scummy thing to do. Though not nearly as scummy as releasing a broken game, then making it more broken and saying there's no money for fixes while introducing photo mode and armor cosmetics.

Finally bought the game + Season 1 DLC on GoG sale last night. Season 2 DLC looks like trash and will skip. This game has been out for 18months now. Is it stable and bug tolerable? I didn't play Kingmaker until the EE, and I had exactly 1 temporary audio glitch. I am hoping for a similar experience.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's super smooth no bugs and pick whatever archetype you like, it will work both as it should and as you think it will. Enjoy the ride.

Rieser

Scholar
Finally bought the game + Season 1 DLC on GoG sale last night. Season 2 DLC looks like trash and will skip. This game has been out for 18months now. Is it stable and bug tolerable? I didn't play Kingmaker until the EE, and I had exactly 1 temporary audio glitch. I am hoping for a similar experience.

The less you know of the Pathfinder system and its various class mechanics etcetera, the more bug-free of an experience you will have. Ignorance is bliss.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
TTT/Dark Codex has them. Armor isn’t “so weak” since like any other item slot it comes with various bonuses and even abilities. Let fake Yaniel get killed for a good Heavy and Comradery is great Medium.

FreeKaner

TTT/Dark Codex has them. Armor isn’t “so weak” since like any other item slot it comes with various bonuses and even abilities. Let fake Yaniel get killed for a good Heavy and Comradery is great Medium.

Comradery is great, but there just aren't many of them. Sure uniques is good and in theory that should compensate for less AC, but having +15-20 more AC is a "unique" of its own so there should be more of them. Particularly I think there should be more armor that should boost your damage and utility more. Game is very stingy with magic armors for no reason at all and that adds to the struggle.

Desiderius

Patron
having +15-20 more AC is a "unique" of its own
That's a meme. Stop chasing them. None of that AC is free or even close to it and it's not +15-20.

Play the game. You've got enough AC to avoid regular mobs just playing it as designed. Tanking can also be done with armor and good play (or you can take the initiative with several characters with enough AC to not be paper tigers). Then there's a few things that require different tactics because they're really good at attacking. That's fine. It's what we want. I don't get the endless chase for exploits and faceroll. You're defeating your own purpose.

I wouldn't mind having a couple more good armors earlier, but it's not like I've usually got a whole team of Heavy/Medium wearers anyway. Living Ram is available at end of tutorial. Rock of Nature and Flowing Scales at beginning of ch 2. Half-Plate +1 in Market Square then +2 with +2 CON in Irabeth's tent. Reg has +2 Full Adamantine.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's a meme. Stop chasing them. None of that AC is free or even close to it and it's not +15-20.

Play the game. You've got enough AC to avoid regular mobs just playing it as designed. Tanking can also be done with armor and good play (or you can take the initiative with several characters with enough AC to not be paper tigers). Then there's a few things that require different tactics because they're really good at attacking. That's fine. It's what we want. I don't get the endless chase for exploits and faceroll. You're defeating your own purpose.

I wouldn't mind having a couple more good armors earlier, but it's not like I've usually got a whole team of Heavy/Medium wearers anyway. Living Ram is available at end of tutorial. Rock of Nature and Flowing Scales at beginning of ch 2. Half-Plate +1 in Market Square then +2 with +2 CON in Irabeth's tent. Reg has +2 Full Adamantine.
I have a rocksolid hunch that any of these days when I get arsed to finish a Pathfinder game and post my build you're gonna go apoplectic as fuck.

FreeKaner

It doesn't matter because I don't think it is even necessary to have 80+ AC tanks in the game. I think it is bad clutch to have an oracle facetank that can just stand in-front of playful darkness and only get hit on a nat20 because it is more about party composition and damage than building no damage tanks (but mythic paths means you can also build no damage tanks that deal decent damage). The point is I don't like in principle how armor and shields are bad and suboptimal. This is something that happens in games in general for some reason, where armor and shields are just bad and I dislike it as game design & aesthetic reasons.

I can play and finish the game on core just fine, I can do it while I cripple myself avoiding easy power spikes, I just don't think that excuses any of that.

Desiderius

Patron
armor and shields are bad and suboptimal
They aren't. That's the meme. Look at what you give up and what you get. Darkness doesn't need to be face-tanked. Look at what the real threats are and what tools you have to deal with them. AC is pretty far down the list.

I saw recently that Glory Domain has been fixed but that might have been a TTT thing. But getting a Domain is a massive cost too, as is playing the whole game underleveled (Oracle splash) so you can leave an item slot empty. Think.

I have a rocksolid hunch that any of these days when I get arsed to finish a Pathfinder game and post my build you're gonna go apoplectic as fuck.
Why would I be apoplectic at a Barb beclowning himself? That's what you're for.

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
I see they've color coded the slabs for the nenio puzzles now. Not that it helps, they're still extremely obtuse and unfun to solve.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Speaking of mods: with the introduction of the console version I am having the same problem I had been having in the days of Kingmaker: an obligatory prompt.

So does someone know a tool that allows auto-pressing "ESC" and then "Enter" exactly when the game stops waiting for input? I suppose in Windows it can be done with AutoHotkey, but I have 0 experience using it.

P.S.: Also, in Kingmaker there is an animation of the book that I actually like; in Wrath after pressing the button the game just opens the static main menu. Which makes waiting for the prompt more annoying.

Last edited:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I must say, I'm quite enjoying the Trickster Mobility 2 build and playstyle on Unfair.
Finally a "right" build for Unfair. Both my character and the enemies are "Unfair" tier.
Mobility slays, but needs nearly full buffs, including Domain buffs, at all times.
And small slips cost a reload...

Random Omoxes at Midnight Fane have 80 CMD on Unfair...

Since you're playing on Unfair, I have to ask: is there even a point to building a DC-focused Caster that isn't the MC on Hard and Unfair?

I finally started a fresh playthrough on Hard, intending to go the extremely cheesy Merged Oracle Angel route this time because fuck it, and bought a mercenary Conjurer at level 2 with the intent of making him a DC-focused caster.

Already near the end of Chapter 2 I'm noticing a sharp drop in effectiveness for things like Selective (+ Heightened) Grease, Glitterdust, Web etc. Enemy DCs are getting simply too high and I have no tools (at least not in this point in the game) to keep up with them to ensure I reliably land that CC. I throw a Glitterdust with Greater Focus in Conjuration, + 7 INT, and at Spell Level 5 via Heighten, but most enemies still need only need like 6-7 or even less to Save.

Now, for full disclosure, that Merc saved my ass more than a few times with some clutch CC during (un)lucky rolls - like when a Derakni under Leper's Smile rolled a 5 on its Reflex Save and fell Prone on Grease instead of using that round to finish off my 8 HP MC and send me to the loading screen etc.

But that kind of thing is very random and I'd like to make my CC a lot more consistent and reliable. If that's even possible on Hard (and I might switch to Unfair later) on a non-MC Party Member.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom