Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yosharian

Arcane
Huh seems like they changed the way the Demon Lord bonuses work, you no longer get a +5 Mythic bonus to the ability score when you enable an aspect...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Huh seems like they changed the way the Demon Lord bonuses work, you no longer get a +5 Mythic bonus to the ability score when you enable an aspect...

Try saving/loading. All my aspect bonuses are online, but whenever I gain a new one I have to enable it and then save/load.

Some tweaking I think this is a better build:

Motherless Tiefling race (+1 bite)
Close to the Abyss mythic ability (+1 gore)
Mutation Warrior 9: Feral Mutagen (+1 bite), Weapon Training for two weapon types (Natural + any weapon), Feral Wings
Sohei 1: (+1 attack from Flurry)
Stigmatized Witch 1: Iceplant hex & Lizard familiar (+5 AC with ring), Wolf-Scarred Face (+3 bites)
Bloodrager 1: Serpentine bloodline (+1 bite)
Crossblooded 1: Serpentine bloodline (+1 bite), Draconic bloodline (access to DD)
Dragon Disciple 2: Dragon bite (+1 bite), +2 STR, +1 AC
Instinctual Warrior 4: WIS-to-AC, Uncanny Dodge (I wonder if Demonic Rage turns on both rages?), Animal Fury rage power (+1 bite)
Demonslayer 1: FE - Evil Outsiders
TWF Daggers: 4 attacks (BAB 16) + 5 offhand attacks (Hasty Eradicator)
Haste (+1 attack)
Extra Rage Power: Lesser Fiend Totem (+1 gore)

Total: 22 attacks per round

Now I just need to figure out how to tag something nasty onto these attacks to make them actually hurt...

Remember the gore helm, and remember you can get +1 bite from Beast's Gift as well if you have a witch in the party.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane

Try saving/loading. All my aspect bonuses are online, but whenever I gain a new one I have to enable it and then save/load.

Mutation Warrior 9: Feral Mutagen (+1 bite), Weapon Training for two weapon types (Natural + any weapon), Feral Wings
Stigmatized Witch 1: Iceplant hex & Lizard familiar (+5 AC with ring), Wolf-Scarred Face (+3 bites)
Crossblooded 1: Serpentine bloodline (+1 bite), Draconic bloodline (access to DD)
Instinctual Warrior 4: WIS-to-AC, Uncanny Dodge (I wonder if Demonic Rage turns on both rages?), Animal Fury rage power (+1 bite)
Haste (+1 attack)

Now I just need to figure out how to tag something nasty onto these attacks to make them actually hurt...

Remember the gore helm, and remember you can get +1 bite from Beast's Gift as well if you have a witch in the party.
Yes but do you get a MYTHIC +5 bonus in addition to the ASPECT bonus?

E.g. Vavakia gives +6 and +5

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Greater Kalavakus Marauder has 59 AC, that's really not that high and flat-footed it's 43, my dudes are hitting that on a 2 or better. Granted I am level 14 but even at level 9 I was destroying Blightmaw with exactly the same tactic. I don't see the issue.

Well, I'll push on and see what happens deeper in.

Before the DLC3 you could only be lvl13 at Blackwater, and only if you did it last, exept the Ivory Sanctum.
Most people did it at 11/12 because they had no idea and 2 levels is a yuuuuge difference (and also it was nerfed compared to release).
(Also now there's the DLC1/DLC3 items).

I've now only started playing DLC3 for the first time (in Act IV).
And on 2 last characters I've only went to Blackwater after level 14.
Why make it more difficult then necessary?

Finish most of the Act content, Ivory Sanctum and only then go to Blackwater...

What are you trying to say here, he was wondering why people complained about Blackwater difficulty, what's "fake news" in what I said?
That you could only be level 13 in Blackwater.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Greater Kalavakus Marauder has 59 AC, that's really not that high and flat-footed it's 43, my dudes are hitting that on a 2 or better. Granted I am level 14 but even at level 9 I was destroying Blightmaw with exactly the same tactic. I don't see the issue.

Well, I'll push on and see what happens deeper in.

Before the DLC3 you could only be lvl13 at Blackwater, and only if you did it last, exept the Ivory Sanctum.
Most people did it at 11/12 because they had no idea and 2 levels is a yuuuuge difference (and also it was nerfed compared to release).
(Also now there's the DLC1/DLC3 items).

I've now only started playing DLC3 for the first time (in Act IV).
And on 2 last characters I've only went to Blackwater after level 14.
Why make it more difficult then necessary?

Finish most of the Act content, Ivory Sanctum and only then go to Blackwater...

What are you trying to say here, he was wondering why people complained about Blackwater difficulty, what's "fake news" in what I said?
That you could only be level 13 in Blackwater.
It's true, you can only be 13 if you don't do Ivory sanctum

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Haste (+1 attack)

Yes but do you get a MYTHIC +5 bonus in addition to the ASPECT bonus?

E.g. Vavakia gives +6 and +5

I just misunderstood you.

Your build looks cool. I'd definetely use weapons if I restarted. But the build is so much fun, and I like your spin on it. I would consider stuff like Lesser Fiend Totem even if it is somewhat underpowered, because seeing all those attacks go off is just fun (one of the reasons I regret doing claws over weapons).

Also, as Blood Rager, activating Demonic Rage automatically activates Bloodrage. I assume it would be the same for all rages?

EDIT: lol, I missed you already did Lesser Fiend. Nevermind.

Yosharian

Arcane
Seems like Wolf-Scarred Curse isn't working at all. Can't get the bites to go off. Either that, or they fixed it so that you only get one of them. Meh.

Yosharian

Arcane
Haste (+1 attack)

Sooo some conclusions from initial testing:

1. MW 9 is not worth it. You don't get to benefit from Flurry twice. MW 7 might be viable...
2. Sohei 1 + MW 5 is solid BUT I don't know if its worth it for 6 levels. There's probably something better.
3. Wolf-Scarred Curse only gives one attack now I guess, I dunno if Stig Witch is worth it anymore.
4. Bloodrager & Instinctual Warrior doesn't stack rage bonuses during Demonic Rage so getting both feels kinda meh. Solution is probably to ditch IW and forget trying to tank altogether.

Everything else seems to work.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Seems like Wolf-Scarred Curse isn't working at all. Can't get the bites to go off. Either that, or they fixed it so that you only get one of them. Meh.

It works fine for me? But I did wonder why you wrote "3 bites" - it's only 1?

EDIT: Was wolf-scarred bugged before?

Yosharian

Arcane

Yeah you used to get 3 bites because when it upgraded the old one wasn't removed

But even so I don't see any 2D6 bite in the list so I dunno

Yosharian

Arcane
bloodrage.jpg

...wat

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
bloodrage.jpg

...wat
Cruel Fate dagger could be nice with so many attacks, some of which are Piercing I presume.
Save or become vulnerable to Piercing...

...maybe coupled with Holemaker shield?
And Bracers of Breaching.

Individual odds maybe not very good, but when you stack them...

Yosharian

Arcane
Holemaker is much more interesting than anything else, but still, it's not exactly insane damage is it. And I just don't see how this guy is staying alive in melee unless he's mounted.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Holemaker is much more interesting than anything else, but still, it's not exactly insane damage is it. And I just don't see how this guy is staying alive in melee unless he's mounted.

In my experience Reach and Last Stand is enough. It's not like mounts add that much survivability anyway.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
right around launch

Playing Owlcat games at launch and complaining about bugs is like parking your ferrari in the hood and complaining that it gets stolen

I completed that place at release week as an Azata, with a heavy melee party, without much problems. Only last boss bugged 2 times but other than that I killed everything smoothly.
Game had a much better release than Kingmaker's, though that's not really an achievement.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

But even so I don't see any 2D6 bite in the list so I dunno

Which list? In my experience the only way to see which naturals work is doing an actual in practice attack. The character sheet doesn't show crap.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom