Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I can see why people might be disappointed by reactivity in their own path if they read this kind of stuff about demons.

Main paths all have good amount of reactivity to their own, Angel gets everything, Lich get a friggin ziggurat and undead party servants, Azata has a flying rock, Mimics and green thumb while Aeon is fixing the timeline, one MF at a time. Only Trickster is kinda meh if you are not into "lolsORandomROFLmya$$$1!"
It's the late mythic paths that mostly lack reactivity and such. Devil is so hidden even developers forgot about that.

Yosharian

Arcane
Ok guys, here we go...

meph.jpg

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Hilariously, for some reason, that guy is not immune to Fear effects. I kept him perma-Feared with Cornugon Smash on my Azata Bard with a Thug dip (DC was about 75 or more) and eventually ran him down with AoOs.

Was pretty funny.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hilariously, for some reason, that guy is not immune to Fear effects. I kept him perma-Feared with Cornugon Smash on my Azata Bard with a Thug dip (DC was about 75 or more) and eventually ran him down with AoOs.

Was pretty funny.
It's like going to meet the devil but he runs away crying because he's afraid of the mean guy with a big club. Love it.

Yosharian

Arcane

Was pretty funny.
That's weird because he is definitely immune to Mind Fog & Overwhelming Presence.

IllusiveBrian

Novice
Whoever decided to make Trickster a Core Path instead of Devil deserves a bout of explosive diarrhea in public.
Narratively Trickster could have worked as a late game branch for Aeon. Like, you are supposed to use your reality-altering powers to restore order but decide to sow chaos instead.

Yosharian

Arcane
woljif.jpg

Well. Shit. He's the only one he got, though. AND.... Last Stand apparently negates it. Well well well. Magic Nullification protected my squishies as I planned, and my two mounted guys & their mounts passed the saves relatively easily. So far so good.

I really appreciate that the Erinyes archers he summoned were predictable and went after Ember, who just obtained Last Stand =D

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
TBH even though many mythic abilities are "better" for your build, on Unfair I don't think I'm ever going without Last Stand rushing on everyone again. It saves reloads and general annoyance and it comes up clutch in most of the hardest fights. It's like a Kinder Egg of QoL, power and friendship.

Edit: though obviously I’m feeling it more because of Double Damage.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
And the best part is that the AI is stupid, so an enemy will almost always just keep wailing away at the temporarily invincible Party member instead of switching its target, giving you the perfect tank for 2 Rounds.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yes, the AI is stupid. The AI... *I* definetely didn't keep wailing on Regill when he left my party wondering "WTH why can't I kill him is this a bug??"

Yosharian

Arcane
byebyemeph.jpg

And he's down. Damage really started to spike there at the end. Jinx doing fucking work as usual, permanent double damage basically. What the fuck is this 'Enraged Warrior' damage buff though?

His AC was laughable at the end of it, 90+ debuffed down to 41.

And I gained level 20 off that fight, yay =)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
How did you fuck up so badly that Regill left you? Dude loved even my Azata and Demon MCs.

The choices aren't displayed, but I'm pretty sure my friendliness with his personal quest succubus was Strike 1, and Strike 2 (might even overrule all other decisions) was DEFINETELY offering a deal to Baphomet.

Yosharian

Arcane
TBH even though many mythic abilities are "better" for your build, on Unfair I don't think I'm ever going without Last Stand rushing on everyone again. It saves reloads and general annoyance and it comes up clutch in most of the hardest fights. It's like a Kinder Egg of QoL, power and friendship.

Edit: though obviously I’m feeling it more because of Double Damage.
Last Stand + Magic Nullification is easy mode honestly, you just have to finish the fight quickly

Yosharian

Arcane
Destructive Dispel is completely useless on my Aeon. Even when using Zero State, the DC was 25. Pathetic.

Interesting: when I used Zero State and Greater Dispel Magic (Daeran) on him, his dispel DC was 41.

But later, when I was hitting him with Aeon Bane, the DC was only 31.

:philosoraptor:

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Destructive Dispel fucks with Corrupt Magic, but yeah, I haven't seen much good from it with anything else.

Aeon has that Spell that raises all of your Attributes to match your currently highest one, so if you pump STR sky-high, then use that Spell, your casting Attribute will get a nice boost and raise that DC, though maybe not by enough to bother.

Yosharian

Arcane
Destructive Dispel fucks with Corrupt Magic, but yeah, I haven't seen much good from it with anything else.

Aeon has that Spell that raises all of your Attributes to match your currently highest one, so if you pump STR sky-high, then use that Spell, your casting Attribute will get a nice boost and raise that DC, though maybe not by enough to bother.
I'm gonna get Selective instead that way I can do Quickened Zero State. I didn't know that you couldn't use two rods at once.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Destructive Dispel is completely useless on my Aeon. Even when using Zero State, the DC was 25. Pathetic.

Interesting: when I used Zero State and Greater Dispel Magic (Daeran) on him, his dispel DC was 41.

Use it on a merged book lich with corrupt magic or targeted greater dispel. Good stuff.

I imagine a merged book angel would work well for the same reason though they don't get corrupt magic ofc.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

Use it on a merged book lich with corrupt magic or targeted greater dispel. Good stuff.

I imagine a merged book angel would work well for the same reason though they don't get corrupt magic ofc.

If something is strong enough to warrant a Dispel Magic, Angel is probably better off just nuking it with Metamagic'd Bolt of Justice, tbh. Absurdly strong Spell, that.

mediocrepoet

Patron

If something is strong enough to warrant a Dispel Magic, Angel is probably better off just nuking it with Metamagic'd Bolt of Justice, tbh. Absurdly strong Spell, that.
Could be. I haven't really played through the late game. I've actually been tooling my way through DLC1 to get the unlocks on a merged book lich and was like what is all this crap? Whatever, dispel dispel. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom