Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Shadowkiss is fun! Almost makes going crossbows feel slightly worth it

Yosharian

Arcane
Destructive Dispel fucks with Corrupt Magic, but yeah, I haven't seen much good from it with anything else.

Aeon has that Spell that raises all of your Attributes to match your currently highest one, so if you pump STR sky-high, then use that Spell, your casting Attribute will get a nice boost and raise that DC, though maybe not by enough to bother.
Yeah, use level 20 BFT DK3 then cast it

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
PSA: If anyone tells you this game is pozzed through and through, tell them to go the chicken statue in Desolate Thicket, make the Perception check and read this Crumpled Note.

Honestly one of the better written digs at identity politics I've read in a video game. It even pokes fun at islam

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Haplo I'm going to have to respectfully disagree that Hidden Abode is the most difficult fight in the game...

...Hidden Abode doesn't start with a surprise round, 100% unblockable Seductive Presence DC59 (leaving everyone helpless for 5d4 rounds) followed by a 1232 damage 100% unblockable Wail of the Banshee DC 49 :lol:

Oh and a d20+41 caster level check Dispel Magic (Area) in case the bread wasn't toasted enough at this point.

Definetely the hardest fight of the game by virtue of the sheer numbers game alone (which is fitting considering who you're fighting). You basically need to stack every single save buff imaginable (including probably Fortune-Cackle cheese unless you want to reload alot), which my subpar builds haven't :D

Even with buffs like Vision of Madness + Shake it Off-stacking etc. it's probably a toss-up for companions/MCs with low Fort.

Mephistoteles in DLC1 is harder than both fights.

Inb4 Desiderius claiming it's the easiest fight in the game and I am just n00b plus screenshot of Bismuth critting Nocticula.

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Haplo I'm going to have to respectfully disagree that Hidden Abode is the most difficult fight in the game...

...Hidden Abode doesn't start with a surprise round, 100% unblockable Seductive Presence DC59 (leaving everyone helpless for 5d4 rounds) followed by a 1232 damage 100% unblockable Wail of the Banshee DC 49 :lol:

Oh and a d20+41 caster level check Dispel Magic (Area) in case the bread wasn't toasted enough at this point.

Definetely the hardest fight of the game by virtue of the sheer numbers game alone (which is fitting considering who you're fighting). You basically need to stack every single save buff imaginable (including probably Fortune-Cackle cheese unless you want to reload alot), which my subpar builds haven't :D

Even with buffs like Vision of Madness + Shake it Off-stacking etc. it's probably a toss-up for companions/MCs with low Fort.

Inb4 Desiderius claiming it's the easiest fight in the game and I am just n00b plus screenshot of Bismuth.

I've qualified my other posts with say *that I know of*. I'm only in act 5 and only on Demon path, so can't speak to other fights obviously :)

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Inb4 Desiderius claiming it's the easiest fight in the game and I am just n00b plus screenshot of Bismuth.

I've qualified my other posts with say *that I know of*. I'm only in act 5 and only on Demon path, so can't speak to other fights obviously :)

Oh sorry then, didn't want to spoiler.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Oh sorry then, didn't want to spoiler.

Hey no worries, Yoshi already spoiled it. And it's the risk I take from being in the thread ;)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Wait what did I spoil

Mephistopheles - but again, like, I'm not expecting to read this thread and not get spoiled lol. I'm not complaining. Honestly the spoilers are so minor here, I didn't even know of the midnight bolts and crystals for example.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
PSA: If anyone tells you this game is pozzed through and through, tell them to go the chicken statue in Desolate Thicket, make the Perception check and read this Crumpled Note.

Honestly one of the better written digs at identity politics I've read in a video game. It even pokes fun at islam

Depends on your level of tolerance for pozz. There's a fuckton of INKLUUUZHION that can feel out of place and certainly would not have been there had this came out 15 years ago or so, but I don't ever remembered it shoved in your face or being preached at the player. Some of the most important characters are a married couple, one a Half-Orc, the other a male-to-female troon human. Diversity overdose. But that just..... is. They never try and make some sort of a statement through it, nobody behaves like that's unusual in any way etc. Galfrey would've been a dude in a campaign/game developed 15+ years ago and there is a clear over-representation of wimminz among the game's most important characters, but I don't remember any of them having some "GUUUURL POWER" moment or preaching about how they've had to overcome the difficulties of being a woman in a toxic masculine patriarchal society or bla bla bla.

tl;dr - lots of (sometimes out of place) diversity, but no preaching or shoving modern-day cultural issues where they don't belong.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Depends on your level of tolerance for pozz. There's a fuckton of INKLUUUZHION that can feel out of place and certainly would not have been there had this came out 15 years ago or so, but I don't ever remembered it shoved in your face or being preached at the player. Some of the most important characters are a married couple, one a Half-Orc, the other a male-to-female troon human. Diversity overdose. But that just..... is. They never try and make some sort of a statement through it, nobody behaves like that's unusual in any way etc. Galfrey would've been a dude in a campaign/game developed 15+ years ago and there is a clear over-representation of wimminz among the game's most important characters, but I don't remember any of them having some "GUUUURL POWER" moment or preaching about how they've had to overcome the difficulties of being a woman in a toxic masculine patriarchal society or bla bla bla.

tl;dr - lots of (sometimes out of place) diversity, but no preaching or shoving modern-day cultural issues where they don't belong.

I think you misunderstood me - there's tons of idpol in WotR (and in Kingmaker), though I would say it's more of the "inclusive/sexpositive" variant than the political correctness-variant.

My point was that the Codex here as always deals only in absolute - a game is either pozz or it isn't. In reality with WotR like in all other aspects of the game it's a huge mess. And that note is both funny and poignant. Also not often you find jokes about islamic sensitivity in a modern video game lol

Galfrey would've been a dude in a campaign/game developed 15+ years ago

This is just delusional, honestly. Women in plate armor all over again

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Wait what did I spoil

Mephistopheles - but again, like, I'm not expecting to read this thread and not get spoiled lol. I'm not complaining. Honestly the spoilers are so minor here, I didn't even know of the midnight bolts and crystals for example.
I said DLC1 though. Anyway it's not a big spoiler but won't elaborate as it would become a big one then.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded

A warrior-Monarch, mighty Paladin, leader of 100 years worth of Crusades against Demons, defender of the realms of man.

Yeah, say what you will, but nobody's first association after reading that sentence without knowing the context is "woman in plate armor". :lol:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

A warrior-Monarch, mighty Paladin, leader of 100 years worth of Crusades against Demons, defender of the realms of man.

Yeah, say what you will, but nobody's first association after reading that sentence without knowing the context is "woman in plate armor". :lol:

It's like the women in plate armor discussion because it makes a political deal of something that's been fairly mundane in kitsch high fantasy since forever. WotR is poz when Irabeth's and Anevia's relationship and characters are basically all about their inclusive sexuality, not when it copy pastes an adventure path from 2013

>spams gays and trannies in our face at every turn
>but here's an obscure 0.00001% of the game making fun of that stuff so it balances out

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

>spams gays and trannies in our face at every turn

steam tells me I've played for 249 hours and I've met 1 tranny that I know of

yet you see trannies everywhere

:someonesgotissues:

Average Manatee said:
so it balances out

Grunker said:
there's tons of idpol in WotR

hmm

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom