Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

skaraher

Prophet
It actually is. I discovered the village with river sacrifice is also backer.
That's almost relieving. Gives me hope they won't do Iron Gods next.
The fight with the cyber-demons is the epitome of boring. If you buff and crowd control accordingly, they can't make a dent on your characters. It's just a long slog chipping away their health through their absurdly high AC and coup de gracing them. Selective Sirocco is still hilariously overpowered.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
deals only 10 damages to the dragon..
Greybor 11 7 attax vs Devarra.jpgGreybor big crit breakdown.jpg

As a true autistic gentleman, I don't browse fextralife, only the build circlejerk on gog forum and neoseeker. :kingcomrade:
Even worse. You're out of the cave now, and can see the forms for what they truly are. Act like it.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Too much duplication. He already has abilities that give him what Mut Fighter does as he levels in Slayer plus all the high level Slayer greatness. Fun respec is Two-weapon Fighter from mod once you've mastered Slayer but Slayer is fine.
I want Greybor to dual wield Dwarven Waraxes without penalties, and I don't think there is a way to do it other than levelling him as a Fighter.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Desi recommending "incredibly powerful massmurder builds" he didn't actually try is just a flavor of Pathfinder threads. Smile and wave and he eventually gets bored.

Desiderius

Patron
Desi recommending "incredibly powerful massmurder builds" he didn't actually try is just a flavor of Pathfinder threads. Smile and wave and he eventually gets bored.

WTF are you talking about? I've spammed this forum with pics of Slayer destroying *both* Wrath and P:K over the last four years to the point several people asked me to tone it down. The rich fantsy worlds of Redditors have nothing on that of some Kotex posters. Greybor's build is Slayer 20. It's not hard.

Well of course you can make any character work with the right tinkering. Doesn't mean Greybor stats spread and starting feats doesn't suck.
The above pics are from Greybor at lvl 11. That's... pretty much his opening stats and starting feats. In alpha his build was borked - are the memes you're going by that old?

Desiderius

Patron
Too much duplication. He already has abilities that give him what Mut Fighter does as he levels in Slayer plus all the high level Slayer greatness. Fun respec is Two-weapon Fighter from mod once you've mastered Slayer but Slayer is fine.
I want Greybor to dual wield Dwarven Waraxes without penalties, and I don't think there is a way to do it other than levelling him as a Fighter.

The weird thing is that unless I'm missing something Waraxes are the one weapon type that’s under-represented* while there are a ridiculous number of really good Handaxes. Being Martial and Light make them kind of a Greybor exclusive (Weapon Focus mod lets you share Focus across Weapon group if that’s something that bothers you). There's also a couple Urgroshes with unique effects:

Grey16 verbose combat log.jpg

that are obviously intended for the Dorf companion. And then the Phantom Slayer Bracers that showed up at some point after release that are absurd on Core and below (and not bad on Hard with the occasional luck sack on Unfair). My guess is that they seeded all these items after they saw Greybor not getting much play due the the factors I already cited along with the brainworms that had already set in among the memetards.

* - makes an ideal home for Finnean, with the d10 being relevant since it provides bigger damage dice with Legendary Proportions.

If you still want to dual-wield Waraxes for RP the penalty isn't that significant with Mythic TWF and Improved Quarry at 19 is absurd with Big Game Gloves. With third DLC in game lvl 19 comes a lot earlier.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Went back and looked at a previous playthrough. If Greybor does in fact still start with Accomplished Sneak Attacker and Hammer the Gap those are indeed relatively poor Feats that don't keep up well with the Wrath damage scaling. With those Feats to start with may be worth Mounting him up in vanilla to get his full attacks in to take advantage of them. You want to crit alot to get the most out of Hammer the Gap so he could use Grave Singer and Peacemaker with Improved Crit (and Bit of Luck from Sos) to trigger those. Give Lann something with Tactician and Seize the Moment (he starts with Combat Reflexes) and go off with Ever Ready on team.

Weakening Wound is solid now that Magic Weapon, Greater doesn't stack (and if you don't abuse Bane of Spirit), but Slow Reactions is pretty narrow. He can still get his AB high enough not to need Shatter so has Feats to play with.

Desiderius

Patron
Place of Execution/Bladesmith:

Mino Summons high AB.jpgGolem Slam, Place.jpg

Can see some Summons here doing good damage on Unfair. The Minos come from a Ring and last for 10 minutes so can be buffed along with party for full Dungeons. Shorter duration summons can to on these single-map fights.

Nenio 20 control, Place.jpg

Place of Execution has some nasty, Fear-Immune adds. Here Nenio puts to use her Expanded Arsenal Mythic to dip in to some Evocation-based control.

Van Aeon 20 136 AB, Place.jpg

Was hoping to set up an AoO here to turn on Ever Ready to hit 145 but target died too fast. Did hit the perfect 100 at 136 AB to 36 AC.

Van Aeon 68 Fort save, Place.jpg

One of the Assassins escaped Nenio's control. Nice 68 Fort Save.

Reg 20 67 AB.jpg

Speaking of tanky Regill. 67 AC without anything special. Armored Might is TTT Mythic ability, as is two-weapon defense. Can get the latter effect in vanilla from a Full Plate you can buy in Fleshmarkets I think. Robe of Malice from 20th level Monk Splash.

Reg 20 taking down Bladesmith with Dimensional Hop.jpg

Regill can also play some offense. MC took down Constructs and Seelah + Reg (using Dimensional Hop) got to Bladesmith before he could act.

Van Aeon 20 57 Initiative.jpg

Helps to roll 57 Initiative.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
It's pretty amusing that on the Demon path to have not only high will, but also high Knowledge is advantageous. I always knew that Demons are refined intellectuals and visionaries, even when they boil humans in the fountain of Sarenrae.

Desiderius

Patron
Van Aeon 20 136 AB, Place.jpg

136 AB breakdown:

20 BAB: Slayer
13 DEX: Reduce Person, Ronneck's Sacrifice Relic Boots
1 Size: Reduce Person
20 True Strike: first level Aeon spell, Standard Action
4 Improved Quarry: 19th level Slayer ability, Free Action
10 Touch of Good: Sosiel first level Domain ability, Swift Action via Domain Zealot Mythic
6 Divine Power: 4th lvl Aeon spell, CL18 from Mythic 9
5 Magic Weapon, Greater: 4th lvl Cleric spell from Sosiel CL 23
2 Crusader's Edge: 4th level Cleric spell from Sosiel
3 Order of the Godclaw: Regill Aura, one minute duration w/ 3 activations per rest, HK lvl 10
5 Heroic Invocation: Nenio using scroll crafted by Ember using Encouraging Metamagic from mod and Favorite Meta Mythic
12 Guarded Hearth: Sosiel obtained via alternative capstone mod adding Community Domain, high(er) WIS from Owl's Wisdom, Mass w/ Idealize Arcane Discovery mod on Nenio
3 Demon Slayer Soup: recipe in Act 3 DLC cave
5 Studied Target: Slayer ability lvl 20
1 Haste: Aeon Relic Cloak always on
2 Promise of Power: Bane of Spirit Relic ring activation (Free Action from Lann)
2 Coordinated Shot: Teamwork Feat (from mod, applied via Vanguard Tactician ability and extra activation Slayer talent)
1 Point Blank Shot: Feat
-6 Deadly Aim: Feat
2 Concealment: Improved Invisiblity + Mind Blank, Communal, lvl 4/lvl 9 spell from Nenio
1: Ronneck's Sacrifice doubles Haste bonuses
1: Merciless Shot Ring from Lann ch3 companion quest in Neathholm
9: Mark of Justice ability from Seelah, Swift Action, enhanced by Eagle's Splendor, Mass w/Idealize on Nenio
1: Improved Aeon Bane from Mythic level 5
5: Enforcing Gaze Mythic 9
1: Greater Aeon Bane Mythic 9
5: Ring of Triumphant Advance DLC item doubling Heroic Invocation bonus (doesn't double Order of the Godclaw bonus)
2: Enforced Vigor: Lann Mythic ability triggered by casting Stone Call with Quicken Rod

5 AB from mods adding Feats (that still require spending those Feats and in case of Tactician choosing that archetype + Swift Action (pre-combat) + Slayer Talent), Community Domain available via Impossible Domain

This character has Ever Ready (which would be +9), Snap Shot, Greater, and Opportunist so that's something that comes up a good bit.

Last edited:

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader learns from Owlcat’s “past mistakes”

So there is this piece.

One quote I found remarkable:
Shestov says that almost the entire studio got involved with polishing the alpha build before it went to customers: “not just the QA team, not just developers, but the full team of game designers for like, two weeks, just playing the game, just finding things that weren’t behaving as intended and fixing them”.
For me it reads like "We still do not have enough resources to QA the game in normal schedule, and, as the result, pour all the possible men-hours for a milestone release. Don't expect it for a normal game life cycle."

Desiderius

Patron
Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader learns from Owlcat’s “past mistakes”

So there is this piece.

One quote I found remarkable:
Shestov says that almost the entire studio got involved with polishing the alpha build before it went to customers: “not just the QA team, not just developers, but the full team of game designers for like, two weeks, just playing the game, just finding things that weren’t behaving as intended and fixing them”.
For me it reads like "We still do not have enough resources to QA the game in normal schedule, and, as the result, pour all the possible men-hours for a milestone release. Don't expect it for a normal game life cycle."
They banned me from their forums but still got the message. There’s one thing and one thing alone that will spur the Slav to action:

The taste of the whip!

Desiderius

Patron
Lol, I guess Poles are right up your alley then.

Murkan Nahtzee LARPing is suicidal ideation.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom