Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
his build is really weak
This is... not the case. The game is also heavily stocked with great Axes, Handaxes, Urgroshes, Throwing Axes, and Bashing Shields. He can be redundant with either Aru or Reg, and often with popular MCs.

I originally called him Gheybor, but his quest arc is just unnecessarily timid. The writing is decent enough even though nothing particularly meaningful happens unless I guess you don't pay him or whatever, and they nerfed that hard as well. The twist at the end is a clever set-up but not really believable. I guess depending on MC the fight could be an interesting challenge as well.

Last edited:

skaraher

Prophet
Nah his build his trash. Armored two weapon fighting frontliner is getting decimated even on core. You always have to resurrect him, for what ? One or two rounds of full attack ? + being a dwarf his movement speed is abismal. You can always respec him and make him ride tyrannosaurus and shit but without optimization the character is pretty weak.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Currently doing my first run, Aeon path. The writing was really atrocious in the first act but the story picked up nicely with the march on Drezen. Was pleasantly surprised by the reactivity and the fact that you can call out all the first act morons on their bullshit. Wokeshit verge into "so bad it's funny" territory + it's pathfinder, the setting always was a clusterfuck anyway. Judgement and timetravels are fine, Devil tempting you is fun but I read that the Devil path was rather lackluster.
In terms of reactivity, the Aeon path is the arguably the best one.

Desiderius

Patron
Nah his build his trash. Armored two weapon fighting frontliner is getting decimated even on core. You always have to resurrect him, for what ? One or two rounds of full attack ? + being a dwarf his movement speed is abismal. You can always respec him and make him ride tyrannosaurus and shit but without optimization the character is pretty weak.
Does nobody understand how Second Person works?

I've never had to resurrect Greybor once.

You suck. Greybor doesn't. If you don't know how to manage battlefield tactics give him Defensive Study, Shield Bash (via Combat Style), then Shield Mastery and go off. You get him about the time the good bashing shields start showing up. And when you can keep Haste up on fights that matter. I took Lann Drovier to give 30ft speed aura to whole team, Aeon gets Haste cloak, whatever. Or you can just let fight come to you while neutralizing casters with spells if you like.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Picked up Regill the other day. It's pretty clear that he's going to be an enjoyable NPC. I was concerned that TWF build was going to stop him from having decent AC, but between fighter class features and mythic feats, his AC is doing just fine. While I have him using Finnean for the time being, hook hammers focus might still cause me to reroll him.

Hook hammers are quite fine for him. And very soon you'll find one that will be quite far ahead of the current item curve.
Get him on a mount - either use Bismuth or use some levels in Sacred Huntsmaster with Animal Domain (class and domain pet levels stack), so that he can get a piece of the action effectively.
Bonus points if you put him on a raptor.

Desiderius

Patron
I just gave greybor mutation fighter levels and had him stay behind woljif, who's a real man that can tank stuff. Worked on core I guess.
Too much duplication. He already has abilities that give him what Mut Fighter does as he levels in Slayer plus all the high level Slayer greatness. Fun respec is Two-weapon Fighter from mod once you've mastered Slayer but Slayer is fine.

Desiderius

Patron
Picked up Regill the other day. It's pretty clear that he's going to be an enjoyable NPC. I was concerned that TWF build was going to stop him from having decent AC, but between fighter class features and mythic feats, his AC is doing just fine. While I have him using Finnean for the time being, hook hammers focus might still cause me to reroll him.

Hook hammers are quite fine for him. And very soon you'll find one that will be quite far ahead of the current item curve.
Get him on a mount - either use Bismuth or use some levels in Sacred Huntsmaster with Animal Domain (class and domain pet levels stack), so that he can get a piece of the action effectively.
Or just give him Dimensional Hop and Domain Zealot. Main benefit of HK is free Domains. Don't waste mounts on characters who can be tanky on their own.

Desiderius

Patron
Good play pattern for two-weapon Greybor is similar to Booter Amiri in P:K. Quarry with Big Game Gloves first round while aggro is established elsewhere then Slay second round vs debuffed heavy.

Fits with Assassin.

skaraher

Prophet
Does nobody understand how Second Person works?

I've never had to resurrect Greybor once.

You suck. Greybor doesn't. If you don't know how to manage battlefield tactics give him Defensive Study, Shield Bash (via Combat Style), then Shield Mastery and go off. You get him about the time the good bashing shields start showing up. And when you can keep Haste up on fights that matter. I took Lann Drovier to give 30ft speed aura to whole team, Aeon gets Haste cloak, whatever. Or you can just let fight come to you while neutralizing casters with spells if you like.
Everything Greybor does, the other followers do better. Frontliner offtank ? Camillia, Regill. Damage dealing ? Lann and Aru. Hell even Woljif has a better toolset for the whole double weapon sneak attack shit.

skaraher

Prophet
1676561979-regill.jpg

Hope they don't pussy away and give us those kind of characters for a PURE Imperial faith run in Rogue Trader. :obviously:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Or just give him Dimensional Hop and Domain Zealot. Main benefit of HK is free Domains. Don't waste mounts on characters who can be tanky on their own.
Yeah, that's also an option. Trouble is that he'll access Dimension Hop like 7 levels later, its limited use and he won't be bringing a flanking murder machine along.

Desiderius

Patron

Yeah, that's also an option. Trouble is that he'll access Dimension Hop like 7 levels later, its limited use and he won't be bringing a flanking murder machine along.
Ranged characters can bring the murder machine while getting in position for Snap Shots and preserving Full Attacks*. Hop kicks in at lvl 13 along with Inspiring Command.

Tough for him to get decent Mobility for Indomitable Mount since he wants Persuasion/UMD and can cover World for camping and Stealth is also good with his DEX and Armor Training.

* - iteratives hit other targets once the one Mount is attacking is dead. They don’t for melee.

Desiderius

Patron
Greybor is STR-based so makes great use of Legendary Proportions. Full BAB + Studied + Quarry = much higher AB/more attax than Cam/Wolj. Trapfinding = can cover Perception if you don’t play Aru (and Trickery with modded version). Opportunist, Familiar for Initiative, Combat Style Feats, Phantom Slayer Bracers in Ch 3, awesome Martial Axes and bashing Shields, Slippery Mind, Weakening Wound, etc…

He’s very good at what he does, unfortunately it often overlaps with what my MC is doing so I don’t get to play him much. Shifter DLC run will be more of the same.

It’s a big game, it’s ok if you haven’t mastered all of it, no one has. Just go easy on the sweeping statements (let alone second person) in areas you haven’t.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Yeah for some reason companions you enjoy hanging around with are useless traffic cones when it comes to combat, while the good combat companions are obnoxious fruitcakes and insufferable edgelords.

No idea what's up with that but it seems to be deliberate.

skaraher

Prophet
Greybor is STR-based so makes great use of Legendary Proportions. Full BAB + Studied + Quarry = much higher AB/more attax than Cam/Wolj. Trapfinding = can cover Perception if you don’t play Aru (and Trickery with modded version). Opportunist, Familiar for Initiative, Combat Style Feats, Phantom Slayer Bracers in Ch 3, awesome Martial Axes and bashing Shields, Slippery Mind, Weakening Wound, etc…

He’s very good at what he does, unfortunately it often overlaps with what my MC is doing so I don’t get to play him much. Shifter DLC run will be more of the same.

It’s a big game, it’s ok if you haven’t mastered all of it, no one has. Just go easy on the sweeping statements (let alone second person) in areas you haven’t.
Please, don't play the great metagamer on us, everyone know Pathfinder WOTR meta on unfair is full on animal companion, dex-based monk dip, charisma DC chaster etc. Pure melee strength-based martial are rated the lowest. :lol:

Greybor needs twice the maintenance of any other frontliner to be even remotely viable, and still with his shit AC he's going down in two rounds on most serious fights.

+ he's written as this kind of dark assassin murderlord who tries to extort you outrageous amounts of money but the game fails to show him as anything but an incompetent saturday morning villain. Botch the Balor assassination, deals only 10 damages to the dragon... No wonder he's the least popular NPC (bar Nenio) on most polls. :lol:

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
Currently doing my first run, Aeon path. The writing was really atrocious in the first act but the story picked up nicely with the march on Drezen. Was pleasantly surprised by the reactivity and the fact that you can call out all the first act morons on their bullshit. Wokeshit verge into "so bad it's funny" territory + it's pathfinder, the setting always was a clusterfuck anyway. Judgement and timetravels are fine, Devil tempting you is fun but I read that the Devil path was rather lackluster.
In terms of reactivity, the Aeon path is the arguably the best one.
I wish more people talked about the game's writing, which comes together surprisingly well. Even Trickster has clear and spelled out motivations, contrary to what I constantly read elsewhere about it being humor random.

skaraher

Prophet
Backer added content is still terrible, the drow quest was Baldur-fanficmod tier of terribad cringe. The drow ambush at the beginning of Act 2 was a fun fight though, it needn't be associated to a convoluted quest to work. The cyborg dungeon is rather tedious and pointless.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

Please, don't play the great metagamer on us, everyone know Pathfinder WOTR meta on unfair is full on animal companion, dex-based monk dip, charisma DC chaster etc. Pure melee strength-based martial are rated the lowest. :lol:

Greybor needs twice the maintenance of any other frontliner to be even remotely viable, and still with his shit AC he's going down in two rounds on most serious fights.

+ he's written as this kind of dark assassin murderlord who tries to extort you outrageous amounts of money but the game fails to show him as anything but an incompetent saturday morning villain. Botch the Balor assassination, deals only 10 damages to the dragon... No wonder he's the least popular NPC (bar Nenio) on most polls. :lol:
(literally posting pics for last two months utterly destroying Unfair with Slayer only to get talked down to by a memetard)

This is my life on Kotex.

Desiderius

Patron
So you suck at playing him and are too lazy to read his abilities (or evidently the spells and abilities of the rest of your party) so rely on FextraDeath to tell you what to do.

What’s your point? We don’t.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom