Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Cam's companion quest makes her unplayable
Wut?
I'm not murdering a room full of innocent people, game or not. It's pretty disgusting before then too. Fanfic/writer resentment of customer preferences. "Fine, you want chainmail bikinis - here! (you should have picked meeee!)"
They are soldiers. The life of a soldier is forfeit from the moment he is conscripted or volunteered into the army. The commanding officer can decide to exchange a unit for tactical or strategic advantage, and he will be in his right.

My demonic main hero considers the lives of two squads of soldiers - or officers - way cheaper than good mood of an extremely helpful Mythic companion, who is also very hot.

The position of a commander can be challenged by his superior, who is queen Galfrey. And, naturally, she relieves him of duty. It does not end well for her, but it's a different story.

aloeh

Novice
I hate animal companions and mounts, there is a build and party composition to play in unfair viable?
Yes

If you have to ask Unfair isn't the difficulty for you (yet).

Why do you want to play Unfair? It's trash. Just play Hard.
The ultimate value of Unfair tinman once you've learned the game is to make defensive abilities competitive with offensive ones so trade-offs and tactics get more interesting. It even made me appreciate tanking and dips!
It's because every time I look for builds and comments about unfair, there always mounts to tank damage.

I played at launch, made azata and angel run, didn't touch in the game so far. Didn't play the dlcs too.
Unfair is there for when you get too good for Hard. You get good by playing the game and trying things out for yourself to see what works. Try something on Core then if its blowing that out kick it up.

To answer your question yes you can win Unfair without mounts. At this point I think I could almost solo it with tank Seelah (and buffing support) but that's unnecessary.
The azata run was on core, the angel run was on hard. Now I want do unfair run, don't even know what mythic path or class I want to do. But the pet tank or charge gimmick is a no.

Yosharian

Arcane
I hate animal companions and mounts, there is a build and party composition to play in unfair viable?
Yes

If you have to ask Unfair isn't the difficulty for you (yet).

Why do you want to play Unfair? It's trash. Just play Hard.
The ultimate value of Unfair tinman once you've learned the game is to make defensive abilities competitive with offensive ones so trade-offs and tactics get more interesting. It even made me appreciate tanking and dips!
It's because every time I look for builds and comments about unfair, there always mounts to tank damage.

I played at launch, made azata and angel run, didn't touch in the game so far. Didn't play the dlcs too.
Unfair is there for when you get too good for Hard. You get good by playing the game and trying things out for yourself to see what works. Try something on Core then if its blowing that out kick it up.

To answer your question yes you can win Unfair without mounts. At this point I think I could almost solo it with tank Seelah (and buffing support) but that's unnecessary.
The azata run was on core, the angel run was on hard. Now I want do unfair run, don't even know what mythic path or class I want to do. But the pet tank or charge gimmick is a no.
Use whatever Desiderius recommends then post the result here for our amusement

Yosharian

Arcane
All jokes aside there are many builds that can defeat unfair without mounts, I would imagine some sort of spellcaster would be the easiest

Demon is probably the best best from the ones you haven't played

I've been contemplating how to convert Pyrflie's sorc blaster into a Demon build

Or at least I was when I was still interested in this game

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Aeon Slayer* would be fine without riding Bismuth, but first five levels is going to be tough on Unfair without a Leopard tank. Seelah tank kicks in with the Tower Shield at beginning of Ch2. I've heard people have tanked with Cam.

I did my full Unfair run with Azata Battle Scion (Guarded Stance and Animal Totem), but gave Cam a Leopard pet for early levels IIRC. Starting on Hard then kicking up to Unfair at lvl 6 shld be very doable without pet tank, or from the beginning for someone more patient/with better play skills than mine.

* - I ran Slayer because I wanted to do team with all Lawful/no Chaotic members so MC Slayer was good to cover skills Aru usually handles and Seelah + Reg was enough melee so didn't need Greybor. Aeon Bane is good with ranged because ranged gets more full attacks since it doesn't have to move.

Desiderius

Patron
Recommend going TTT for reworked Aeon, though I've heard they've improved vanilla as well.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Roses are red, violets are blue... We've already listened to Ulbrig's romance theme for a thousand times, and so should you! Enjoy this beautiful track that perfectly sets a romantic mood on this Valentine's Day.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
How the fuck are they even creating these bugs. At this point I'm fairly certain a lot of it is done on purpose.

Desiderius

Patron
Act 5 adventures:

Indirah Pinkeye slam.jpgIndirah reward.jpg

TIL that you can get Indirah on your side for the annoying Shrine of the Three (Seilikind Mine quest) fight. Was already playing TB so no biggie. Reg's Travel Domain came in handy for hopping around map to turn off traps and statues.

After the fight she gives project that increases army size by one which is pretty nice, tough I think I already maxxed it out. Good for late generals I guess, though haven't needed any yet.

Tripping Warmonger.jpg

Always nice to trip Unfair Warmongers with random item summon.

Reg 20 crit miss Sava.jpg

Doh! Reg switch from Touch of Law (always roll 11 on everything) to Bit of Luck chasing crits and paid the price.

The Mass Touch of Law lvl 6 Aeon spell Zone of Predetermination (with longer duration, and also applies to enemies) seems like a really powerful build around but too late on this run. It would mean no enemy crits and no critical misses (including saves) for player so probably worth it. There's also a single target version at lvl 4.

Van Aeon 20 Hat bonuses.jpgVan aeon 20 115 AB vs sava.jpg

Putting the DLC hat on a Ranged Sniper can really get the AB up there clearing out adds. 115 AB for finishing blow. Some of the Hat bonuses wore off.

Nenio 20 Stormbolts 46 DC.jpgNenio 20 Icy Prison, Mass 46 DC.jpg

Of course endgame Nenio can just handle them all herself.

Bone Hills Initiative fight.jpg

Remember the Bone Hills fight being a little bit of a pain. Here the Assassin edges out MC on Initiative roll. Could mean trouble. Did get surprise round.

Bone Hills Seelah 61 touch AC not enough.jpgBone Hills Shadow Demon tanking.jpg

Sure enough Seelah's 61 touch AC isn't enough (touch AC is kind of a trap) and respeccing Lann from Drovier to Nomad finally has a downside (other than losing Creeping Doom). Druid easily handles Death Ward duty (Sos uses those slots for Edge). Only one level drained.

And Assassin decides to blow his initiative full attacking the Shadow Demon from Nenio's Belt (Wolj Companion Quest reward early ch 3).

Nenio 20 Weirding the adds.jpg

Speaking of Nenio. Two Weirds in one turn and bye bye Nabasu packs on both sides. They don't even get a save?

Bone Hills Summoned Golem slaying.jpg

Mythic Summons getting in on the action. Summon then buff. Much easier with Bubble Bufff but doable without I think if you just save the group buffs for last.

Bone Hills Van Aeon MC on Assassin.jpg

Vanguard Aeon MC finishes the fight. Missing Mark of Justice since Seelah applied Smite for the +9 AC anticipating and attack from Assassin.

Bone Hills foes and loot.jpg

Bone Hills foes (two of the 34 HD ones). Stats are misleading dead since no buffs/abilities and DEX reduced to 1.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
The other question is - how can their tests miss something that happens 15 minutes after you start new game.
Tests? Mere tests can be painful for the autist. It's like how I used to write my (required) rough drafts of papers after the final copy. Athena springing fully formed from the mind of Zeus.

Picked up Regill the other day. It's pretty clear that he's going to be an enjoyable NPC. I was concerned that TWF build was going to stop him from having decent AC, but between fighter class features and mythic feats, his AC is doing just fine. While I have him using Finnean for the time being, hook hammers focus might still cause me to reroll him.

I'm still adjusting to how much more the player can rest in WotR. In just about any D&D game I'm trained to ration spells. In WotR I'm not only needing to use them, but it feels encouraged by the encounter design. While my party has done fine earlier with 3 single class casters (MC, Ember, Daeran), I'm finding that Ember might need to sit at camp until I get to higher levels. Too many bodies with high resistances and HP. That they're often spawned behind/around the player mid battle is also something to deal with. I liked the fight in the cave with all of the gargoyles when you meet Regill, but it demonstrated how my casters just aren't mature enough yet. Especially since Daeran can't seem to land Arrow of Law to save his life. It will be glorious when they are built up though.

Desiderius

Patron
Ranged is a steep climb for vanilla Daeran since he can’t get Precise Shot until lvl 9. Until then maybe AoE’s like Sound Burst or Order’s Wrath/Holy Smite better.

Eventually gets there if you stick with it and there’s item help for touch attax in ch 3. Garg Cave is probably highest relative SR you’ll face, though still worth it for full casters to invest in Spell Pen/mythic Spell Pen I think.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Stinking Cloud for gargs. I wrote it at least twice.

The most numerous and the strongest gargoyles are not demons, and thus do not have demon immunities.

Additional bonus if you are not against dragging Cloudkill from a scroll over all the cave until it dissipates.

Desiderius

Patron
Why are Lann and Regill the only sensible male companions ?

And why is it that the two black ones are written like bumbling buffoo.
Dorf Slayer is the picture of sensibility. Seelah’s usually pretty level-headed too.

Blackwashing the Mary Sues is the latest tech.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Stinking Cloud for gargs. I wrote it at least twice.

The most numerous and the strongest gargoyles are not demons, and thus do not have demon immunities.

Additional bonus if you are not against dragging Cloudkill from a scroll over all the cave until it dissipates.
Good way to bypass SR. Much-derided Shaman spellbook has it while other Divine casters don’t.

skaraher

Prophet
Why are Lann and Regill the only sensible male companions ?

And why is it that the two black ones are written like bumbling buffoo.
Dorf Slayer is the picture of sensibility. Seelah’s usually pretty level-headed too.

Blackwashing the Mary Sues is the latest tech.
Well I didn't like Greybor. Typical Biowarean bounty hunter edgelord, but lacking the grit and muscle to go with it. Also, his build is really weak.

Sosiel and Seelah are really written like braindead morons who throw fits of rage at situations any responsible adult would handle with tact.

Arueshalae and Ember are fine, typical anime/JRPG barrier-maiden.

Daeran sounds like he escaped from a Vampire/Romance/Horror-CYOA and you wonder what he's doing in this game.

Nenio is the joke character but contrary to Nok-Nok she really doesn't fit in any semblance of coherent narrative and stick out like a sore thumb.

Woljif is actually pretty fine, you can easily picture him conning his way in the streets of Sigil.

skaraher

Prophet
Currently doing my first run, Aeon path. The writing was really atrocious in the first act but the story picked up nicely with the march on Drezen. Was pleasantly surprised by the reactivity and the fact that you can call out all the first act morons on their bullshit. Wokeshit verge into "so bad it's funny" territory + it's pathfinder, the setting always was a clusterfuck anyway. Judgement and timetravels are fine, Devil tempting you is fun but I read that the Devil path was rather lackluster.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom