Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Angthoron

Arcane
for folk that use toybox, im trying to respawn the second random woljif encounter in act 3 with the ritual and the traps with no luck so far. the quest somehow failed after i got the first random encounter, but never got the second despite travelling multiple times between lost chapel-green gates/wintersun.
There's probably multiple triggers for it, filter all "woljif" instances in everything.

Edit: Oh yeah and look for stuff with counters, like Loyalty or Attitude or whatever. You might need to have these counters aligned with the other triggers before the event fires off.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Mephistopheles just roasted me for saying there are no strategic uses for Enduring, Greater.

That was quick! Also shopping for a third Domain for Sosiel late and realized that Animal Domain would improve his Summons quality since Owlcat never got around to properly implementing Cleric/Wiz caster summons (CLs way too low so can't Penetrate Spell Resistance and Dispels never work).

Beware saying *anything* sux since there always seems to be an exception, and often enough an important one.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Not thrilled with the HoMM minigame. I liked kingdom management in KM, but this is just drudgery. Overall liking WotR, even if every non-generic crusader NPC is some strong lesbian.
I like the strategic mini-game very much.

On the other hand, I have become a big fun of Dwarf Fortress, so what do I know.

razvedchiki

Magister
for folk that use toybox, im trying to respawn the second random woljif encounter in act 3 with the ritual and the traps with no luck so far. the quest somehow failed after i got the first random encounter, but never got the second despite travelling multiple times between lost chapel-green gates/wintersun.
There's probably multiple triggers for it, filter all "woljif" instances in everything.

Edit: Oh yeah and look for stuff with counters, like Loyalty or Attitude or whatever. You might need to have these counters aligned with the other triggers before the event fires off.

IF i spawn him in drezen and auto complete his quest, will my pc explode?

Angthoron

Arcane

I suggest making a manual save first, then just go for it.

The lengths I went for to fix all the broken triggers for the secret ending could've broken the game quite easily, and yet it all worked out just fine. That, and getting Trevor into the team because who the hell thought that the right path to save him was to stack victim counters was the right idea?!

You can probably toggle some triggers back off once everything works, too.

Angthoron

Arcane

Oh yeah, as an alternative if spawning him in Drezen won't work is to try adding him into your party on the overworld map, then entering Drezen, then trying to fire up an event. IIRC that works in some cases.

Desiderius

Patron
Mephisto fight:

Expose Vulnerability.jpg

Oh yeah, first a shot of the Expose Vulnerability Mythic Ability. Thought it might create another damage packet, but no dice. A slightly better Accomplished Sneak Attack Feat. Badly outclassed. It does pick up Mark of Justice damage so not awful if you're not abusing extra damage packets.

Gift rejection.jpg

Mephisto does recognize you for rejecting Nocti's Profane Gift. Any idea if this has an effect? Any way to avoid fight without becoming a Devil?

Mephisto Ascendant.jpgMephisto Unfair Stats.jpgRElativity not working.jpg

Mehisto has Ascendent Element Fire so laughs at HK Fire Immunity. Reg has a Ring of Evasion but doesn't get a save (look at other characters who Evaded)? Is this due to Immunity that then gets overrided? Mephisto sees my lucky intiative roll and raises it. Looks like this Gaze does nothing. Wipe.

If I were doing Unfair Ironman I might just have to take Devil at this point unless three's some other way to get out of the fight. Enduring, Greater would certainly help but not sure it would be enough. As it is second Tinman death so far.

Mephisto Seelah 19 Brilliant Energy.jpg

Second try for some reason he casts suckass Sirocco instead of Fire Snake. Notice all the Lann misses (should have waited for Mark of Justice), this will come up later.

-16 AC from Divine Weapon Bond Brilliant Energy. Mounted Seelah can not do this. Knockback Relic Ring knocked him back, can't tell if he's Prone.

Nenio 19 Polar Ray vs Mephisto.jpg

Sos has to burn Standard Action activating Goggles, so only one Dispel but it gets some good ones. Nenio discovers she has no Hellfire Rays memorized. Polar is no save so decent damage.

Vqan Aeon 19 vs Mephisto.jpg

Finally get the Aeon Bane Dispels on 4th attack and we're in. Bane of Spirit Relic Ring changing all damage to Force bypasses DR 20/- I think.

Mephisto Cloak Save.jpg

Cloak DC is bugged but he critically misses it anyway. Cloak is absurd anyway and the one part that sux comes through.

Lann 19 vs Mephisto.jpg

All those misses earlier for Lann pay off with Ranging Shots Mythic. Really need to start turning on Deadly Aim for Lann.

Seelah 19 finishing off Mephisto.jpg

Seelah finishes him off and the million EXP gets team to lvl 20. This is the first time I've seen Knockback ring trigger an AoO. Distracting Shots, Deadeye malus, and the -2 from Big Game Gloves all from Lann. Aru can usually fill this role.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
What's the best mythic for a demonslayer archer build? Azata, Trickster, or Angel?

I used Charisma as a dumpstat, which makes me worried that I won't get much out of Azata's special abilities, which all seem to require Charisma.

Desiderius

Patron
What's the best mythic for a demonslayer archer build? Azata, Trickster, or Angel?

I used Charisma as a dumpstat, which makes me worried that I won't get much out of Azata's special abilities, which all seem to require Charisma.
Aeon

Desiderius

Patron
Welp, Sosiel's Guarded Hearth (modded Capstone lets you pick a Domain at 20 for Cleric) finally showed up:

Van aeon 20 high AB.jpg

Not bad for showing up Fatigued.

Also belatedly picked up Last Stand for everybody at Mythic 9. Didn't really need it until that Mephistopheles fight.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Aeon

That's not an option.
That's a shame, as its a the best archer Mythic Path by far.

Definately not Azata (which could work decently for an Eldritch Archer).
Trickster for the crits, I guess. Or Angel for party support, defenses and Sun Marked +Sword of Heavens bonus damage.

Desiderius

Patron
I mean always wanted to get there on a caster Ranger going off with Sickening Entanglement so I guess Azata would be your chance.

razvedchiki

Magister

i used azata with a similar build, because drizzt is chaotic azata has some nature undertones.
otherwise aeon is really strong, it got additional spells/abilities through 2 years of patching.

my spawning woljif technique failed, i dont use him in the party but i forgot to buy a +2 spell pen he sells.

Desiderius

Patron

i used azata with a similar build, because drizzt is chaotic azata has some nature undertones.
otherwise aeon is really strong, it got additional spells/abilities through 2 years of patching.

my spawning woljif technique failed, i dont use him in the party but i forgot to buy a +2 spell pen he sells.
He has new inventory each act, so a good idea to keep him around if possible.

Desiderius

Patron
Welp, Sosiel's Guarded Hearth (modded Capstone lets you pick a Domain at 20 for Cleric) finally showed up:

View attachment 33381

Not bad for showing up Fatigued.

Also belatedly picked up Last Stand for everybody at Mythic 9. Didn't really need it until that Mephistopheles fight.
Bonuses breakdown:

DEX +12:

Aeon 20 DEX bonus.jpg

Size +1: Reduce Person
Insight +4 : Improved Quarry
Insight +4 : Aeon Relic Cloak
Sacred +10 : Touch of Good from lvl 20 Sosiel
Luck +3 : Divine Favor Aeon spell
Enhancement +5 : Magic Weapon, Greater from Sosiel
Enhancement +2 : Aeon Bane ability
Morale +5 : Heroic Invocation with Encouraging Favorite Meta (mod) from Ember
Competence +12 : Community Domain capstone from Sosiel 20

Sosiel +12 Wis bonus.jpg

Merciless Shot +1 : Ring from Lann quest Ch 3
Promise of Power +2 : Bane of Spirit Relic ring (equipped by Lann) crafted ch 3
Other +1 : probably from Ronneck's Sacrifice Relic doubling Haste bonuses
Haste +1 : always on from Aeon Cloak
Coordinated Shot +2 : modded Teamwork Feat + Vanguard Tactician
Mark of Justice +9 : Seelah CHR bonus

Seelah 20 CHR bonus.jpg

Hat of the Bitter End +2 : Item from Ship DLC, additional +2 from each kill not sure why it doesn't have multiple instances
Enforcing Gaze Attack +5 : half Mythic lvl + 1
Enforced Vigor +2 : Lann Mythic ability triggered by White Dragon Armor/Stone Call

Missing:

Order of the Godclaw stacking Morale +3 from Reg (not here due to Ember quest)
Divine Power Aeon spell (additional +3 Luck over Favor)
True Strike (additional +16 over Improved Quarry)
Fatigued (additional +1 DEX bonus)

There you go, Grunker

On Unfair I notice enemies focusing lower AC characters hard.
I play on core with the extra enemies, slightly harder enemies, and additional enemy abilities activated. Almost all enemies focus on my squishy arcane trickster MC at the onset of combat--especially archers. They also like to go after Ember. I've taken to starting combat from stealth because of it. Sometimes I game the AI by getting their characters to run past melee for AoO, or draw their archers nearer so that I can hit the whole enemy part with a single AoE spell.

Desiderius

Patron
Can’t focus what they can’t see. Invis adds +20 to Stealth but doesn’t do much without underlying Stealth skill. If you can spare the ranks its worth getting (and boosting) on characters you don’t want attacked. Mind Blank, Communal stops Divination and Nenio has Invisibility, Mass as well. Also try to apply Invis, Greater on non-tanks for hard fights (Nenio has it as a school ability).

This is probably why PD was the only thing I noticed going after squishies. I think it has like 80 Perception. Of course the best way to prevent things from focusing your squishies is to kill/disable them before they can act by stacking Initiative. But letting Seelah be the first (and only) thing they see has also worked.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Trickster has some cool stuff, so it will be fine. I read elsewhere that Azata was good for archers, but just from looking at the feats/abilities, that seemed counter-intuitive for a martial archer.

I've been doing an Unfair run. Finishing up Drezen, which has been epic. I'm liking Wrath way more than Kingmaker so far, although, I'm somewhat disappointed in the companion diversity. I have a Sensei Merc and I (stupidly, in retrospect) built an Oracle Merc who ended up turning out to be more or less the exact same as Daeren. I want to buy a Alchemist, as I miss playing with them.

Also, many companions can be built into OK tanks, but there's no pure, Valerie-style, tank in Wrath (that I've seen yet). I made Seelah into a horse tank, but she's kind of mediocre at damage and tanking. If I could start over, I'd probably do a Sensei, a traditional style horse-back tank, and an alchemist as Mercs. But such is playing Unfair. No do-overs.

Desiderius

Patron
Trickster has some cool stuff, so it will be fine. I read elsewhere that Azata was good for archers, but just from looking at the feats/abilities, that seemed counter-intuitive for a martial archer.

I've been doing an Unfair run. Finishing up Drezen, which has been epic. I'm liking Wrath way more than Kingmaker so far, although, I'm somewhat disappointed in the companion diversity. I have a Sensei Merc and I (stupidly, in retrospect) built an Oracle Merc who ended up turning out to be more or less the exact same as Daeren. I want to buy a Alchemist, as I miss playing with them.

Also, many companions can be built into OK tanks, but there's no pure, Valerie-style, tank in Wrath (that I've seen yet). I made Seelah into a horse tank, but she's kind of mediocre at damage and tanking. If I could start over, I'd probably do a Sensei, a traditional style horse-back tank, and an alchemist as Mercs. But such is playing Unfair. No do-overs.
(1) Mercs suck.

(2) It's a new game. The classes we (for good reason) considered indispensable in P:K turn out to get outclassed by the new stuff available in Wrath. I argued with people for awhile on this but ended up being mostly wrong. Inspire Courage effects get outclassed pretty fast by a massive Guarded Hearth (also Competence). Enjoy learning new things.

(3) If you like playing with a tank Seelah can get there. Give her a TSS level (or just get prof with a Feat) to use +3 Tower available as soon as you get out of Kenabres. She has Dodge so can get Crane with a Monk splash (and wear robes). Let fake Yaniel die in Drezen for nice +4 Full Adamantine then Legendary Proportions adds another +6 AC Size. UMD for Illusion Magic Scrolls and Seamantle as necessary. Divine Weapon Bond makes up for the maluses. All the companions bring unique features to the table if you focus on developing them.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't care, I want an alchemist. Also, my Sensei merc has been indispensible. Mass Restoration, Barkskin, and True Strike are great early/mid game.
That isn't what indispensable means. Cam has Barkskins, Ember/Daeran/Sos have Death Ward (or Resto after the fact), and True Strike is one attack. Mass True Strike is nice if you have CMs or proc on hit or whatever, but Sensei doesn't get Mass version until later anyway. You're giving up ability to Hex etc to get that.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Mass True Strike is nice if you have CMs or proc on hit or whatever, but Sensei doesn't get Mass version until later anyway. You're giving up ability to Hex etc to get that.

I'd take Mass True Strike against Playful Darkness over giving him a -4 AC Penalty, lulz.

Offensive Hexes just aren't that good on higher difficulties after early game. They're not terrible, if used correctly, but you should never plan your strategy around them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom