Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Thought you Brownshirts were into that shit.
Not as much as you brown people
Nah, my Bavarian boys and I are more a golden bronze.

Yours? Prussian redneck like you, or two busy smoking pole to have any?
He doesn't know I'm an american
He doesn't know I'm polish american
Should have beaten that painter, eh.

Edgetard

Educated
Lol, I guess Poles are right up your alley then.

Murkan Nahtzee LARPing is suicidal ideation.
More just looking at the state of our country and thinking "hmm we fucked up on a couple of turns there didn't we" but its not like your country is better off for it all
Thought you Brownshirts were into that shit.
Not as much as you brown people
Nah, my Bavarian boys and I are more a golden bronze.

Yours? Prussian redneck like you, or two busy smoking pole to have any?
He doesn't know I'm an american
He doesn't know I'm polish american
Should have beaten that painter, eh.
Shouldn't have

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
More just looking at the state of our country and thinking "hmm we fucked up on a couple of turns there didn't we" but its not like your country is better off for it all

No doubt we fucked up royally, result being we're ruled by ignoramuses who know nothing but hunting down imaginary nahtzees. Guess my ancestors came here because they were in the same boat back then over there.

Shouldn't have

Yeah, don't paint a target on your back. We need all the help we can get.

Edgetard

Educated

No doubt we fucked up royally, result being we're ruled by ignoramuses who know nothing but hunting down imaginary nahtzees. Guess my ancestors came here because they were in the same boat back then over there.

Shouldn't have

Yeah, don't paint a target on your back. We need all the help we can get.
This country is fucked atm one side are liberals who think we need to do more to help out minorities and put other countries needs ahead of our own
and then there is the nuthouse that is the Democrat party
As for a target on my back, at this point I welcome death; I already got a taste of hell the real deal cant be that much worse

Angthoron

Arcane
Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader learns from Owlcat’s “past mistakes”

So there is this piece.

One quote I found remarkable:
Shestov says that almost the entire studio got involved with polishing the alpha build before it went to customers: “not just the QA team, not just developers, but the full team of game designers for like, two weeks, just playing the game, just finding things that weren’t behaving as intended and fixing them”.
For me it reads like "We still do not have enough resources to QA the game in normal schedule, and, as the result, pour all the possible men-hours for a milestone release. Don't expect it for a normal game life cycle."
Yup. The game is so fucking uneven in quality.

Act 1 feels like proof of concept. I got a lot of my friends to get the game, and gifted it to a bunch, and had to explain that Act 1 is basically shit but then it suddenly gets good and they just have to get through it.

I mean, just the fucking Deskari vs dragon cutscene alone is like "haha im done" in more ways than one, and it's just the cherry on the sundae.

Did they playtest this part and went OH YEAH THIS IS DEFFO WHAT WE WANT or is it more like they built a vertical slice demo for investors and then ran out of time to fix it?

I love the game but holy fuck act 1 sucks.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

Act 1 feels like proof of concept. I got a lot of my friends to get the game, and gifted it to a bunch, and had to explain that Act 1 is basically shit but then it suddenly gets good and they just have to get through it.

I mean, just the fucking Deskari vs dragon cutscene alone is like "haha im done" in more ways than one, and it's just the cherry on the sundae.

Did they playtest this part and went OH YEAH THIS IS DEFFO WHAT WE WANT or is it more like they built a vertical slice demo for investors and then ran out of time to fix it?

According to Poe's Law, I probably need to clarify my concern.

I like the game very much. I like the starting cutscene. I like Act 1 . I have nothing against the married couple which is so loved on Codex. I like all of it. So maybe you are barking up the wrong tree.

What I was furious about - and reached the stage of acceptance now - is their internal process of quality assurance. It is not that they do not understand what it is. It is not that they cannot establish it - in the worst case they could have hired a consultant for half a year.

It is that they genuinely believe that the robust QA system that works consistently and predictably is less important than producing content. And/or making fun cosmetics for the people who are dear to them (see Photomode).

At least this is my very strong opinion.

As the result, it does not matter if the game is buggy or is polished to absolute perfection. It means that every change to their codebase could end up with bugs. Which means that at every patch everyone risks that the game will be broken at some point even if it was working before.

Again, for me the game itself is brilliant, fun and engaging. Sorry to disappoint you.

Angthoron

Arcane

According to Poe's Law, I probably need to clarify my concern.

I like the game very much. I like the starting cutscene. I like Act 1 . I have nothing against the married couple which is so loved on Codex. I like all of it. So maybe you are barking up the wrong tree.

What I was furious about - and reached the stage of acceptance now - is their internal process of quality assurance. It is not that they do not understand what it is. It is not that they cannot establish it - in the worst case they could have hired a consultant for half a year.

It is that they genuinely believe that the robust QA system that works consistently and predictably is less important than producing content. And/or making fun cosmetics for the people who are dear to them (see Photomode).

At least this is my very strong opinion.

As the result, it does not matter if the game is buggy or is polished to absolute perfection. It means that every change to their codebase could end up with bugs. Which means that at every patch everyone risks that the game will be broken at some point even if it was working before.

Again, for me the game itself is brilliant, fun and engaging. Sorry to disappoint you.
Bro, I agree. I really do love the game. It's one of the best I've played in years and I'm not kidding.

But their approach to QA absolutely sucks

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

I'm pretty sure Act 1 was made for the shitheads at Paizo to play and nod in agreement when the 2 ladies hug it out.

I doubt anyone from Paizo made it to the game's final.

Desiderius

Patron
the 2 ladies hug it out

For what it's worth neither one is a lady nor have any pretensions of being one. The whole thing being there is simply forced and disingenuous. Essentially product placement. Beyond being disintegrated with the plot and setting the execution is reasonably discrete and faithful enough to the world games are supposed to exist in some sense to escape from.

Disgusting creatures. I avoid them when I can.

There wouldn't be an America without Polacks.

https://www.nps.gov/thko/index.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_Pulaski

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
the 2 ladies hug it out

For what it's worth neither one is a lady nor have any pretensions of being one. The whole thing being there is simply forced and disingenuous. Essentially product placement. Beyond being disintegrated with the plot and setting the execution is reasonably discrete and faithful enough to the world games are supposed to exist in some sense to escape from.

Disgusting creatures. I avoid them when I can.

There wouldn't be an America without Polacks.

https://www.nps.gov/thko/index.htm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_Pulaski
Disgusting country. I avoid it when I can.

skaraher

Prophet
Currently in midnight fane in act 3. I liked Ivory Sanctum and Areelu lab as dungeons. The puzzles in Ivory Sanctum werent too retarded. Dont know of it still goes strong in act 4 and 5 but will definitely replay an evil run of the first acts to test the reactivtity.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
YMMW but I've replayed 1-3 several times but quality drop in from act 4 onwards is so bad l I don't even bother trying those.

Desiderius

Patron
I used to get restartitis at entrance to the Fane but difficulty curve is smoother now with DLC. Also helps to get a feel for the layout and save PD for later. Act 4 and 5 really great once you know what you’re doing.

Desiderius

Patron
View attachment 33617

136 AB breakdown:

20 BAB: Slayer
13 DEX: Reduce Person, Ronneck's Sacrifice Relic Boots
1 Size: Reduce Person
20 True Strike: first level Aeon spell, Standard Action
4 Improved Quarry: 19th level Slayer ability, Free Action
10 Touch of Good: Sosiel first level Domain ability, Swift Action via Domain Zealot Mythic
6 Divine Power: 4th lvl Aeon spell, CL18 from Mythic 9
5 Magic Weapon, Greater: 4th lvl Cleric spell from Sosiel CL 23
2 Crusader's Edge: 4th level Cleric spell from Sosiel
3 Order of the Godclaw: Regill Aura, one minute duration w/ 3 activations per rest, HK lvl 10
5 Heroic Invocation: Nenio using scroll crafted by Ember using Encouraging Metamagic from mod and Favorite Meta Mythic
12 Guarded Hearth: Sosiel obtained via alternative capstone mod adding Community Domain, high(er) WIS from Owl's Wisdom, Mass w/ Idealize Arcane Discovery mod on Nenio
3 Demon Slayer Soup: recipe in Act 3 DLC cave
5 Studied Target: Slayer ability lvl 20
1 Haste: Aeon Relic Cloak always on
2 Promise of Power: Bane of Spirit Relic ring activation (Free Action from Lann)
2 Coordinated Shot: Teamwork Feat (from mod, applied via Vanguard Tactician ability and extra activation Slayer talent)
1 Point Blank Shot: Feat
-6 Deadly Aim: Feat
2 Concealment: Improved Invisiblity + Mind Blank, Communal, lvl 4/lvl 9 spell from Nenio
1: Ronneck's Sacrifice doubles Haste bonuses
1: Merciless Shot Ring from Lann ch3 companion quest in Neathholm
9: Mark of Justice ability from Seelah, Swift Action, enhanced by Eagle's Splendor, Mass w/Idealize on Nenio
1: Improved Aeon Bane from Mythic level 5
5: Enforcing Gaze Mythic 9
1: Greater Aeon Bane Mythic 9
5: Ring of Triumphant Advance DLC item doubling Heroic Invocation bonus (doesn't double Order of the Godclaw bonus)
2: Enforced Vigor: Lann Mythic ability triggered by casting Stone Call with Quicken Rod

5 AB from mods adding Feats (that still require spending those Feats and in case of Tactician choosing that archetype + Swift Action (pre-combat) + Slayer Talent), Community Domain available via Impossible Domain

This character has Ever Ready (which would be +9), Snap Shot, Greater, and Opportunist so that's something that comes up a good bit.

I think I should be able to hit around 160 with Hat of Bitter End, Snakeskin Armor, Ever Ready, and turning off Deadly Aim but seems like the point has been made with this team and I'm just ready to finish things out.

Looking forward to Shifter Trickster MC with all-Chaos party. Aru, Wolj, Ember, Wend, and Cam. Should be an interesting and more challenging twist.

I think I might take a break from the campaign and just mess with builds in the Midnight Isle DLC. While I am having good time with the campaign, I find myself constantly theory crafting different builds.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No doubt we fucked up royally, result being we're ruled by ignoramuses who know nothing but hunting down imaginary nahtzees
I mean, in their defense, real nahtzees are boring and don't have all the cool stuff like jetpack+ powered armor, occult sorcerers trying to resurrect king Alaric, tesla cannons and all that.

I think I might take a break from the campaign and just mess with builds in the Midnight Isle DLC. While I am having good time with the campaign, I find myself constantly theory crafting different builds.
Aye, it's a big problem.

I want to see a D&D game that operates like X-Com, with a high death rate per mission and the ability to constantly put new characters into the party. Which would actually be more true to the original editions of D&D, it was supposed to be constantly deadly and characters weren't expected to survive whole campaigns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom