Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Looks like there's a new beta branch for people who want to test the next mega patch. The patch notes are actually two posts (link to second at the bottom of the first).

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3645137816264652379?l=english
Time to make a hard backup of the version 2.0.7o and store it somewhere safe. I think 2.1.x will become stable closer to May.
I’m glad they finally decided to implement their game. Unlike most patch notes it even has a few relevant fixes/strategic tweaks, although the wording on some of them suggests they made them worse instead of better (common problem).

Looks like I’ll also need to roll current playthrough back to Sava fight to check out only unique bow post the beginning of Act 4.

Desiderius

Patron
Well managed to debuff Mephistopheles and down him to 200 HP but was murderized by my own horse who got dominated. :lol:

Definitely a fun fight, Aeon's bane sure is a strong combat buff.
Put Bookworms Headband on Horse (or get Indomitable Mount).

skaraher

Prophet
I actually enjoyed Act 4, demon city was a bit gimmicky but well rounded. Now I'm trying to figure how to not take a full party wipe in Mephistopheles fight. The absence of pre-buff is brutal.
Pretty sure that’s a test to make sure you’ve picked up Last Stand. Can also reroll for initiative/until he casts a nonlethal spell.

By that point a couple Resurrections shld manageable as long as MC doesn’t bite it.
I already have last stand on full party, I didn't knew Aeon invulnerability to physical was a swift action, so I guess it will buy a few rounds more too.

Desiderius

Patron
Well if you don't go to Kenabres you can enter Mephistopheles zone without starting fight and pre buff. It was a cakewalk. :lol: Still must be a beast on Unfair (what does he have ? 90 AC ?)
90 AC is very manageable. Nahyndri started with 116. See above.

I suspected going to his zone first might be better but didn’t get to find out.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I finished Succubus-waifu romance/narrative arc. It was mediocre. Classical reformed monster trying to be human story, but with 0 character development as she starts already redeemed in all but name.

She is big fat of wasted potential, even when considering that she is already redeemed by the time the story started. Her writer try too hard to waifu bait.

Interaction with her on the main story path during Chapter 3 and especially 4 shows that when written well she can be interesting, on them she becomes character with regret and tries to fight her nature.

Unfortunately whoever doing the companion content is kinda retarded. This is applicable to a lot of companions as well in WotR where you can just feel the person writing in the main story-related path and the one writing companion interaction are different people (Lann, Seelah, Sosial [special mention as his arc getting rebooted around mean he is a special mess]). Reggil and Daeran are mostly consistent.

Desiderius

Patron
Lann's reconciliation with his mother is what Eder's should have been then the climax is solid as well (unconscionable that they've waited until now to implement the reward for doing it right tho).

Seelah's quest is STILL incompletely implemented (no real C&C, jewelry shop/subplot obv unfinished) but set-up is fine and final fight is something else. Jannah does give MC good Dueling Sword if you're Aldori Defender/Swordlord.

I like Sos/Regill interaction during Sos quest. Some good dialogue there. Final Resolution kind of dumb since it's hard to unlock Trevor and reward is Shield Sos can't use if you take advantage of Glaive Proficiency.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Lann's reconciliation with his mother is what Eder's should have been then the climax is solid as well (unconscionable that they've waited until now to implement the reward for doing it right tho).

Seelah's quest is STILL incompletely implemented (no real C&C, jewelry shop/subplot obv unfinished) but set-up is fine and final fight is something else. Jannah does give MC good Dueling Sword if you're Aldori Defender/Swordlord.

I like Sos/Regill interaction during Sos quest. Some good dialogue there. Final Resolution kind of dumb since it's hard to unlock Trevor and reward is Shield Sos can't use if you take advantage of Glaive Proficiency.

They all have decent moments here and there, the problem is consistency. For example Lann, his character is inconsistent across interactions. Even the "genre", for lack of a better word, changes within his character writing.

Sosiel is left for the worse because his writing is all over the place due to his reboot. They should've gone with the initial premise of anger issue/nature of a violent man vs being Cleric of Shelyn along with contrasting character development vs Trevor (which in contrast, after the revelation, is about the good nature of a person in spite of emotional disposition).

Reggil is not good just because of his characterization, it is because the characterization stays consistent across the board. Daeran has arguable quality, but he is also consistent. I guess Cam is consistent too as over the top parody character.

On the other extreme, you have Arue. Also Galfrey with her "anime tsundere" romance writing even though she is centuries years old by that point.

Desiderius

Patron
Was gratifying to break Galfrey's spell with Aeon superpowers. Now she's simping for my MC.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Looks like there's a new beta branch for people who want to test the next mega patch. The patch notes are actually two posts (link to second at the bottom of the first).

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3645137816264652379?l=english
Time to make a hard backup of the version 2.0.7o and store it somewhere safe. I think 2.1.x will become stable closer to May.
I’m glad they finally decided to implement their game. Unlike most patch notes it even has a few relevant fixes/strategic tweaks, although the wording on some of them suggests they made them worse instead of better (common problem).

Looks like I’ll also need to roll current playthrough back to Sava fight to check out only unique bow post the beginning of Act 4.
Yep, that's an impressive list of fixes indeed.

Only question, when its gonna be stable...

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I finished Succubus-waifu romance/narrative arc. It was mediocre. Classical reformed monster trying to be human story, but with 0 character development as she starts already redeemed in all but name.

This is issue with most of the characters; their arc is more or less completed by the point you begin the game (or they don't have one at all).

Desiderius

Patron

Yep, that's an impressive list of fixes indeed.

Only question, when its gonna be stable...

As with most of their patch notes still missing the most pressing things I've seen (which sometimes show up fixed without making the notes), getting things backwards (Freedom of Movement already prevented Stagger, unclear whether it should in cases like Daeran's Curse - TTT says no), unclear what is meant by fixed in many cases (said they fixed damage on several weapons/items that proc damage, but didn't list the two I'm using to trigger extra packets so did they *add* packets to the ones listed?), fixing the less relevant part of the problem while leaving the crux unaddressed (meta fixed on Shadow spells but not Illusion type, or at least not specified, Incense Fog may still have similar issue).

Not sure if the problem is with the Patch Note writer or what exactly.

BTW, Ring of Triumphant Advance now working with abilities means Reg's Aura, which is another +3 AB/dam/AC since it stacks with other Morale sources. Abilities that depend on Size (The Bigger They Are Mythic, Spawn Slayer) should now work, Polymorph effects turning on Master Shapeshifter but not stacking is relevant both ways.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I wonder if they also fixed Polymorph and Size stacking at last (I think it was already in the patch notes before).
That'd be a pretty big change.

skaraher

Prophet
Act 5 levelling is all over the place. I went back from the abyss level 18. Killed Mephistopheles and did a couple minor quest (notably the one in the Sarkorian shrine when you help ghosts fight a crystal demon) and went to level 20 without starting the critical path missions. :lol:

Currently doing Iz. Was nice to see a little reactivity with Sword of Valor (even tho it don't have any gameplay consequence if you save the banner ?), with Staunton and Prelatebro coming back to defend it

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Act 5 levelling is all over the place. I went back from the abyss level 18. Killed Mephistopheles and did a couple minor quest (notably the one in the Sarkorian shrine when you help ghosts fight a crystal demon) and went to level 20 without starting the critical path missions. :lol:
What did you expect? Which levelling would be proper in your opinion?

skaraher

Prophet
What did you expect? Which levelling would be proper in your opinion?
Well ideally you should max out level near the very end of the game, it removes a lot of motivation to do side content etc since you're basically moping the floor with most ennemies. Kingmaker was more balanced I think you reach level 20 during the very final act against the Lantern King.

Also I didn't do Mega-dungeon DLC and skipped some fights in the slave market so I wasn't really aiming to max XP.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Well ideally you should max out level near the very end of the game, it removes a lot of motivation to do side content etc since you're basically moping the floor with most ennemies. Kingmaker was more balanced I think you reach level 20 during the very final act against the Lantern King.

people wanted to be max level for more than one fight. It was spelled outright back in development.
See, there are 2 opposite views on this problem. I am more inclined to the latter; mopping up enemies with the ultimate power sounds like proper power fantasy for me. That is why I went to the Midnight Isles right after the party killed the dragon in Act 3.

Also, there is another limited resource at the end of the game, and some side quests might help in obtaining it.

Desiderius

Patron
Mephisto is one million EXP by himself and unlocks Mythic 9. If you wanted to play Act 5 before max level you should have left him for last.

He’s available early so you have some time to enjoy Devil Path if you want to go that way.

skaraher

Prophet
Deskari in Iz was easier to kill than Mephistopheles. I think until now, the two hardest fights were Playful Darkness in Midnight Fane and Mephistopheles.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom