Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Surely they understand that their female audience is roughly 1%, and despite what reddit may appear like, even their gay audience is like 5-10% max, right?
This is true, but their development team is probably pushing like 90%.

I doubt half that many are getting any at all.

But it lets them* LARP as pwning the bigots (who are?) when in reality they're flipping the bird to Mother Nature.

It's bathetic.

* - and, sadly, the target audience, at least the one the funders think is out there

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I really have to question their choice to add a male romance in a DLC. Surely they understand that their female audience is roughly 1%, and despite what reddit may appear like, even their gay audience is like 5-10% max, right? They understood that hot tiefling sister threesome + overpowered broken kineticist class was an attractive DLC to buy. Now they are going for gay romance + pretty meh shifter class. This doesn't seem like a smart play.
I bet this is what their Western marketing consultants suggested. Also, the actual audience does not matter anymore: all of those who could be hooked have already been hooked. Now it is time to make virtue signalling great again.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I really have to question their choice to add a male romance in a DLC. Surely they understand that their female audience is roughly 1%, and despite what reddit may appear like, even their gay audience is like 5-10% max, right? They understood that hot tiefling sister threesome + overpowered broken kineticist class was an attractive DLC to buy. Now they are going for gay romance + pretty meh shifter class. This doesn't seem like a smart play.
I bet this is what their Western marketing consultants suggested. Also, the actual audience does not matter anymore: all of those who could be hooked have already been hooked. Now it is time to make virtue signalling great again.
A number of people on this forum also complained about the lack of European-looking male human companions, and well, now there is one.
5gS32ecKEFnDXmbXuBKfJS.jpg

There was a demand for this content, this is their passive aggressive way of delivering.

Desiderius

Patron
A number of people on this forum also complained about the lack of European-looking male human companions, and well, now there is one.

There was a demand for this content, this is their passive aggressive way of delivering.

This is the same shit as Cam's quest. "You want your Chainmail Bikinis so bad? Fine! Here have a meaningless quest with no C&C that makes you condone serial killing and cannibalism! Why won't they choose MEEEEEE?".

(we will also choose you sometimes, it's the all-out cultural erasure that sux)

European-looking

Californicators mistaking substance for style part gazillion. Perception DNE reality, let alone erase it altogether.

This guy is looking like the male Xoti so far. The heroic archetype isn't just some token hillbilly.

(you don't have the rip out the heart of the genre to do your token gay product placement)

Delterius

Arcane
Wdym passive aggressive? One of the main narrative 'blind spots' of Wrath is that we actually see very little of Sarkoris. Wintersun is a side village after all. That they went out of the way to add a Sarkorian and made him Ulfen-looking rather than Kellid-looking means they are genuine in adding this bara dude. It's more likely that the online weirdos just didn't really register on their radars. Why would they?

Speaking of which, man. There was this one guy in the 4chan threads that was really pissed off Ulbrig wasn't a cute girl like the DLC Twins from Kingmaker. Almost as bad as the posters who fell for the Arue teasing. Or the Lich teasing.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

The design there is of a piece with those faggoty viking tv dramas we had a rash of a while ago - they neuter the vikings from scary, violent white men into faggots with trustie dreadlocks and faggotty tattoos, who'll let women do the fighting :)

Desiderius

Patron
Amiri 14 Pounce.jpg

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah. It doesn't last very long. But Ring of Triumphant Advance kinda made Destructive Smite attractive for bursts - even if those bursts are very short.

Would be fun to stack Trickster Religion Domain levels... or Legend domain levels. Up to +20 from Destructive Aura, +20 from Destructive Smite and up to +20 from Ring of Triumphant Advance (16 more then from Heroic Invocation).

skaraher

Prophet
Dropped the Sorcerer lich for the time as I find the lich graveguard and mythic quest relatively uninteresting and don't really much connected to the rest of the game. Currently rolling a Kineticist, will probably go demon. Double throwing axe Wenduag with covenant of inheritor is a beast on the two first acts.

Last edited:

Lodis

Educated
Dropped the Sorcerer lich for the time as I find the lich graveguard and mythic quest relatively uninteresting and don't really much connected to the rest of the game. Currently rolling a Kineticist, will probably go demon. Double throwing axe Wenduag with covenant of inheritor is a beast on the two first acts.
I found the entire path to Lichdom to be very unsatisfying. Zacharius is hands down the worst path mentor out of all of them except the Gold Dragon guy, but who actually chooses that half assed path? The Demon path in comparison actually feels like a proper path to power in comparison to Lich where you essentially act as an errand boy to a perpetually butthurt skeleton.

skaraher

Prophet
Aeon path was much more intriguing and satisfying. Still surprised by how much alternate dialogue they wrote for the criminal auras gimmick. Genuinely loled when you try to organize a kangaroo court to judge the Abyss denizens who aren't acting chaotically evil enough and Nocticula basically decide the opposite of every ruling you make.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This is (ironically) what is missing from Wrath companions:

In some way, you can say that while the concept of Templar is unique irl, namely an order of knights based on strict religious philosophy, such a thing is pretty damn common in the fictional setting that is Golarion (or DnD in general) because, well, Paladins exist.

But, Seelah, the token Paladin of WotR is narratively a Knight Errant in narrative function. Leaving alone the quality of her content, she is not really a regular "holy knight fighting in a holy war" due to her story background and her function in the narrative. If anything her personal story cements this more as it deals with her knightly ideal vs real-life situation.

In some way, Reggil instead acts as that function but instead of regular religion, you have the Godclaws tenet. But indeed the feel is different, after all, Reggil, no matter how well written, has the baggage of the whole Hellknights thing.

I agree that regardless of race, having a veteran or even rank-and-file normal guy Crusader (I frankly don't give a rat ass if it has to be some Yuropean Blond Male TM or something) with the perspective of joining a holy war is sorely missing in WotR.

Desiderius

Patron
Big missed opportunity to add the (popular) monk/ascetic aspect in there as well. Lann's class touches on that but undeveloped in his characterization/quest arc.

Alternatively Russian team could have drawn on heritage of Teutonic Knights or own crusades vs Mongols or whatever.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane

I bought the second season pass, but I'm on chapter 3. Anyone know at what point in the game you can access his new content? If there's one thing this game needs, I'd say it's more gay sex.

skaraher

Prophet
Seelah is terribad. Why is this girl is even a paladin ? Her dialogue are also written like a modern zoomer black teenager. Her voice actor delivery is just hilarious tho. If she fails a skill check she go into full Afroamerican accent "It's not just MAH LUCKY DAY" :lol:

Desiderius

Patron
This is (ironically) what is missing from Wrath companions:
This is what Seelah becomes with the help of the main character if her personal quest is resolved in a good way.
This is the LannTheStupid redemption arc take. It's like saying Sam is the hero of LotR.

Ok, but Aragorn is still there, and Mithrandir. And the product placement still gets in the way. Pushkin is a quarter black, not straight outta Compton.

I suppose Regill and the Hellknights are the closest thing - sort of an edgy goth version of the Knights Templar :D
Well, both Seelah and Reg have a Trad Monk level in my current playthrough, and it fits both mechanically and thematically (their character quest progression) so who knows.

We've all been taught that the Cwesades are the ebullest thing ever (other than of course the H_l_caust) so it would fit that particular transvaluation. I think Wrath writers probably thought of themselves as striking a compromise/synthesis between black armband history and naïve triumphalism. In some places even pulled it off (and they didn't have the heart to keep Reg LE either, though like Val they lacked the courage to allow an alignment change into the headwind of the zeitgeist).

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I bought the second season pass, but I'm on chapter 3. Anyone know at what point in the game you can access his new content? If there's one thing this game needs, I'd say it's more gay sex.
Jumping the gun a bit, the DLC's out in 8 days.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom