Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Patch notes said they rebalanced Deskari fight which probably means nerf but you never know.

Desiderius

Patron
Well it seems cleaning up Iz is starting the endgame. Can you go to Treshold by skipping Ineluctable prison and Purula fall or is it mandatory to complete those ?

Good loot there.

skaraher

Prophet
Well it seems cleaning up Iz is starting the endgame. Can you go to Treshold by skipping Ineluctable prison and Purula fall or is it mandatory to complete those ?

Good loot there.
Well I didn't go there and wiped with ease all the exterior of Threshold on first try. I guess Owlcat decided to go full anime on the last act. :lol:

Humanophage

Arcane
I wonder if the in-your-face "Anevia Tirabade" and "Irabeth Tirabade" are named after tribadism.
The Lesbian is the analogue among women of Persian love among men, and this perversion takes place in two ways, either by friction of the two female bodies, known as tribadism, or by the tongue, designated as cunnilinguism.

skaraher

Prophet
Finished the game as Aeon. The ending was actually really nice even tho in term of gameplay the fight inside Threshold were uninterresting. Fighting a pre-transformation Areelu in the past was nice.

Did the "dont go back in time endings" it was more of a classical "and now they happily adventured forever" feel.

Now going for a Evil sorcerer run, dont know if I will aim for Demon and Lich.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
My characters after accidentally clearing the ivory sanctum in one adventuring day: :despair:

I wanted to at least rest before the last fight, but I didn't think it'd start right at the level entrance. Made for an interesting, hectic experience to beat it with dwindled resources.

Desiderius

Patron
My characters after accidentally clearing the ivory sanctum in one adventuring day: :despair:

I wanted to at least rest before the last fight, but I didn't think it'd start right at the level entrance. Made for an interesting, hectic experience to beat it with dwindled resources.
Minimizing rests helps your Kingdom in P:K but hurts your Crusade in Wrath. You’re severely gimping yourself if you don’t take advantage of the resting resources Wrath gives you. Unlike Vordokai’s Tomb Labyrinth can even be tackled in multiple visits.

Spiking (rnd/lvl and 1 min spells/abilities) plays a big role in fighting bosses (especially optional ones), but fighting without min/lvl stuff up probably adds at least a level of difficulty on its own.

skaraher

Prophet
Well I started the game recruiting Wenduag. Her dialogs so far are really good, compared to all the Act 1 shitshow of bad characters but can't really fathom how a good or lawful PC would want to recruit her. She is full on chaotic evil cannibalistic demon worshiping bonkers.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Minimizing rests helps your Kingdom in P:K but hurts your Crusade in Wrath. You’re severely gimping yourself if you don’t take advantage of the resting resources Wrath gives you. Unlike Vordokai’s Tomb Labyrinth can even be tackled in multiple visits.
I built Nenio so every buff she casts greater than 5 minutes lasts 24 hours. That combined with Ember having a bunch of extra spell slots for levels 1-6 means I can go quite a while before needing to recharge, which is how I prefer it.

I got rewarded for speeding through chapters 1 and 2 though I see that's come to an end.

skaraher

Prophet
I built Nenio so every buff she casts greater than 5 minutes lasts 24 hours. That combined with Ember having a bunch of extra spell slots for levels 1-6 means I can go quite a while before needing to recharge, which is how I prefer it.

I got rewarded for speeding through chapters 1 and 2 though I see that's come to an end.
Actually the speed reward for chapter 2 is taking Drezen within 60 days of chapter start so there is plenty time to clear all the maps even with resting.

Desiderius

Patron

Meh, those items are easy to get and you hurt your army development. Sadly they’ve nerfed the Crusade into oblivion so it doesn’t much matter.

Blowing two Mythics on Enduring on Nenio greatly attenuates her offensive casting abilities (only real way to directly effect combat). Lvl 4,5,6 Illusion spells start out Selective AoE and with Mythic Illusion Focus and Spell Pen can take most adds out of the equation (or seriously debuff them). Shadow Votaries/Minagho use them to clue player in to how powerful they are. Later you can add Persistent versions.

By the time Enduring, Greater kicks in min/lvl buffs are already 10 min which is more than enough to last between designed rests. If you need the convenience you can use BubbleBuff without costing yourself a companion.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not a fan of that theme, easy skip.

Meh, those items are easy to get and you hurt your army development. Sadly they’ve nerfed the Crusade into oblivion so it doesn’t much matter.
I set crusade to story time right off the bat, I'm doing fine. The entire map of act 3 has been cleared.

Desiderius

Patron
As with P:K you miss out on the most interesting items (and a few other boons) if you do that. And I’ve had auto-Crusade bug out and lock me out of main quest as well.

skaraher

Prophet
Finished the game as Aeon.
Did you get Regil's ending where he knows of the alternative timeline where you existed?

Yup, did all companion quest except Nenio. Narratively wise there wasnt really any incentive to go dick around after saving the army and beating Deskari in Iz. I also executed Wenduag and Camellia, my character was a Lawful neutral Cavalier/Hellknight, it would be a bit incoherent to sentence looters to death while sparing cannibalistic serial killers.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Not a fan of that theme, easy skip.

I set crusade to story time right off the bat, I'm doing fine. The entire map of act 3 has been cleared.

Bad move, you're gonna miss a ton of shit

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Regil in a nutshell.

Attachments

• Regil_in_a_nutshell.png
    Regil_in_a_nutshell.png
    217.6 KB · Views: 138

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
As with P:K you miss out on the most interesting items (and a few other boons) if you do that. And I’ve had auto-Crusade bug out and lock me out of main quest as well.

Bad move, you're gonna miss a ton of shit
Story time, not auto-crusade.

"Story" difficulty multiplies by 3 the amount of resources gained and the number of recruits available for hire, and provides 3 additional free searches for mercenaries per week. Crusade morale cannot fall below -50.

I really have to question their choice to add a male romance in a DLC. Surely they understand that their female audience is roughly 1%, and despite what reddit may appear like, even their gay audience is like 5-10% max, right? They understood that hot tiefling sister threesome + overpowered broken kineticist class was an attractive DLC to buy. Now they are going for gay romance + pretty meh shifter class. This doesn't seem like a smart play.

Lokiamis

Learned
Surely they understand that their female audience is roughly 1%, and despite what reddit may appear like, even their gay audience is like 5-10% max, right?
This is true, but their development team is probably pushing like 90%.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom