Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Secret ch 5 fight?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Secret ch 5 fight?

The one where you collect rune and put them in some random hole, the last fight in some random room with Daemon (not Demon) implying some sort of Daemon conspiracy in Abyss. With that 4 uber succubus archer on balcony and uber kineticist boss sitting behind like 3 - 4? big uber melee demon

Desiderius

Patron
Secret ch 5 fight?

The one where you collect rune and put them in some random hole, the last fight in some random room with Daemon (not Demon) implying some sort of Daemon conspiracy in Abyss. With that 4 uber succubus archer on balcony and uber kineticist boss sitting behind like 3 - 4? big uber melee demon
That's the Humble Abode in ch 4.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Secret ch 5 fight?

That's the Humble Abode in ch 4.

Ah yes, sorry my bad. Mistook Abyss as Ch 5.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I've been playing this every day for over two months straight now, the in-game timer says I've been at it for over 120 hours, and I just completed act three.

I assume you play TB yeah? Playing full TB playhtough is probably 200 hours stuff.

I played fully on RtwP except sekrit Chapter 5 fight and it took me 120 hours on modified Core
The first two were mostly rtwp but I stayed on turn-based for chapter 3 because buff, select all->auto-attack was no longer viable for most mobs. The first two chapters took 50 hours, going turn-based really blew it up.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been playing this every day for over two months straight now, the in-game timer says I've been at it for over 120 hours, and I just completed act three.

I assume you play TB yeah? Playing full TB playhtough is probably 200 hours stuff.

I played fully on RtwP except sekrit Chapter 5 fight and it took me 120 hours on modified Core
I did a full TB playthrough and that ~200 hours comment is spot on. Great game, but man, that's a test of endurance.

EDIT: It's entirely possible I thought I was still in the Kingmaker thread. But things like that never happen.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron

The first two were mostly rtwp but I stayed on turn-based for chapter 3 because buff, select all->auto-attack was no longer viable for most mobs. The first two chapters took 50 hours, going turn-based really blew it up.
This is not how RTwP is designed to be played. You still give orders to each character they just play out somewhat simultaneously, at least as far as movement is concerned, which allows things like interrupting spells and combo attacks between multiple attackers. Use the v-button to advance time for greater granularity of control as needed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is not how RTwP is designed to be played. You still give orders to each character they just play out somewhat simultaneously, at least as far as movement is concerned, which allows things like interrupting spells and combo attacks between multiple attackers. Use the v-button to advance time for greater granularity of control as needed.
If I have to micromanage every six seconds, I might as well play it in comfortable turn-based instead of stressful and chaotic real-time.

Desiderius

Patron
If I have to micromanage every six seconds, I might as well play it in comfortable turn-based instead of stressful and chaotic real-time.
You don’t, you can mix and match but no the game is definitely not designed for auto-attacks. That isn’t micromanagement it’s simply D&D/Pathfinder.

If you find RT stressful and chaotic v button turns it into full turn-based with the only thing different being mobs (or characters) not being time-stopped every turn but free to at least move.

Autopause is still turn-based since it uses Initiative with timers that you can see above each character but takes less time to play.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik

Too slow can't be confortable, instead learn to use the auto pause feature, as pause when a spell is cast, a character is seriously injured and so on.
Having to waste 40 mins to kill 10 babaus is not confy.

Desiderius

Patron
It shouldn't take nearly that long either way. You can get to the point where fights take four rounds tops fairly easily on any difficulty which won't take anywhere near 40 minutes even on turn-based. If you have good ways to establish control and things go smoothly it's faster than that then you can let fight finish on auto-attack if you like as well.

Both TB and RTwP are distinct ways to have a very good experience with the game (to Owlcat's credit) but fights will go smoothly and quickly once you've reached a comfortable level of mastery either way.

Currently playing Unfair TB and fights come down to getting Surprise, positioning Seelah, Reg, and Lann's Horse, buffing team with Sos, Lann, and MC, controlling/nuking adds with Nenio, and then destroying everything with MC, Bismuth, Lann and Reg. Usually in one round.

skaraher

Prophet
Deadly Earth with aspect of Kalavaku makes Core a triviality. You click and they die. Wenduag and Arueshalae to deal with enemy immune to prone, Camellia to tank.

Will go Hard or Unfair on the next run, with an Angel and mostly merc party because Sosiel and Seelah are inane.

skaraher

Prophet
Just demolished Playful Darkness at level 15 mythic rank 4. I had the dispel magic + 20 googles from Drezen to soften him up. His immunity to prone rendered him resistant to Kineticist cheese. :balance:

We will see how the full-good party will fare against him on Unfair.

1677883203-playfuldarkness.jpg

Vescavor swarms in the secret room were a bitch, so I cheesed'em with Kineticist wall and deadly earth. :mca:

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Just demolished Playful Darkness at level 15 mythic rank 4. I had the dispel magic + 20 googles from Drezen to soften him up. His immunity to prone rendered him resistant to Kineticist cheese. :balance:

We will see how the full-good party will fare against him on Unfair.

1677883203-playfuldarkness.jpg

Full-good should do very good, I imagine Mark of Justice or whatever that Paladin ability is called does wonders for spanking Playful.

Desiderius

Patron
Can someone explain to me how Deadly Earth is "cheese"? Are you kiting until they fail the CM roll? Strange that most fights are over in 1 or 2 turns in my game using just regular spells and abilities and hearing somebody call anything cheese, especially something that makes fights last twice as long? Same thing with Sirocco. And that doesn't even get into having to worry about you own dudes avoiding the area. Just seems like a lot of work (opposite of cheese).

The cheesy(-ist) part is using maximum gather power in order to maximize + empower your persistant AoEs like Deathly Earth before the fight even begins. Then you do the same thing with Wall. This means you effectively have 4 turns worth of AoE spam on the field before the fight even begins and the enemy will walk right into it. Even if the enemies have absurd CMB levels you're looking at absurd amounts of damage and your kineticist is still fully able to blast normally during the fight. Even if your kineticist immediately falls asleep to some kind of mind effect, they are potentially doing anywhere from like 150-600 damage per round per target in AoE.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Can someone explain to me how Deadly Earth is "cheese"? Are you kiting until they fail the CM roll? Strange that most fights are over in 1 or 2 turns in my game using just regular spells and abilities and hearing somebody call anything cheese, especially something that makes fights last twice as long? Same thing with Sirocco. And that doesn't even get into having to worry about you own dudes avoiding the area. Just seems like a lot of work (opposite of cheese).

I never had a Kineticist in any of my Parties in WotR so I'm not sure what Deadly Earth is like there, but it was just retarded powerful in Kingmaker. From what I remember, there was no way for enemies to avoid or mitigate its effects, so your Kineticist could just spam obscene amounts of unavoidable AoE damage. It worked on everything and when used properly, it did enough damage to wipe out anything you can possibly face in the game within 1 or at the most 2 Rounds. It completely trivialized the game, even on Unfair.

Desiderius

Patron
So using it for damage more than the Trip. Surprise Spells on Arcane Trickster could do similar IIRC.

I abused Full Gather on the Wrath DLC with the Ray Crit tailwind, but I guess that was single target. Did get kind of tiresome waiting two extra rounds before each fight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom