Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Phantasmal Mage is awesome, Bard/Skald go well since it makes them into viable offensive casters.
I hope you are joking?!
You only have up to 6 lvl spells which means 3 less DC (4 if we count you cannot also get lvl 10 spells with Lich) and hard to metamagic many spells as a result...
For fuck sake can you even read?

Yes, 3 less DC than your retarded optimization algorithm in your head is more than made up for by Favorable Magic and the Azata spells that boost Enchantment. That’s the point. You get all the group boosting benefits of those classes without the usual downside of mediocre action econ.

Why do I need meta when I’ve got Favorable and Rods?

I'm not really a Scion expert... hell, haven't even played any magus in Wrath.
But personally I'd not combine EK with Scion. You'd be loosing out on Arcana, Bloodline progression and weapon enchantment points.
A popular dip is 4 levels in Dragon Disciple.

Yeah it's always logical to go full magus or with just 4 levels of DD. 1 level dip in monk or oracle if you feel metagamey.
DD is not necessary. DD turns out to be more effective paired with a martial base to unlock Dragonform than as any kind of caster.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
What in your opinion would be the funnest class to play for an Azata run?
I played an Eldritch Scion+ Knight build and it was super fun. Super high lightning damage, clearing whole rooms with chain lightning.
sorry for my ignorance on the specifics for the pathfinder system but how is that super fun?
not disagreeing in anyway, thats a "wut" out of ignorance on my part question that makes me curious
(sidenote I like how desiderius can yap for literal pages in this thread about polemics but cant answer anything about the game in more than 3 sentences at most)
Son, I’ve spammed so much about the game here people have begged me to stop. I leave playing the game as an exercise for the reader because it’s fun to figure things out for yourself. If you want someone to do it for you watch Twitch. General question gets general answer.

Phantasmal Mage is perfect fit because Azata boosts Will-attacking spells and Favorable Magic makes up for slightly lower DC of Shadow Spells (so does Gnome Racial). Shadow spells cancel downside of Arcanist class. It's like playing a Sorc and Wiz at the same time with added Meta from the Archetype giving you a good place to spend your Arcane Pool. Plus Rainbow Pattern/Phantasmal Web/Putrefaction are already great since they're enemies only AoE control.

It can be hard to beat saves with Bard/Skald Enchants usually as ArchAngel helpfully notes. Azata gets them there.

If you must be a powergamer go Fae Bloodline Sorc with Best Jokes and go off (too much).

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
In lore term what are even supposed to be Arcanist, Witch, Shaman, Oracle, etc. Can't they just all be covered by different flavours of Priest, Wizard, Sorcerer ?

This is kind of six of one, half dozen of the other. They're mechanically distinct (sometimes not overly, but it's still there) which is reason enough for them to exist. Lore-wise, I don't think they care that much, but if you basically described a wizard with some unusual experiments and studies, you could mechanically represent it with an arcanist, for instance.

Oracle is a bit different, it's almost more like a paladin in the sense of being chosen by a deity, as opposed to choosing the deity like a cleric just with a caster and weird powers/curses focus. Anyway YMMV, but I wouldn't suggest that Golarion/Pathfinder is hugely concerned with deep and serious lore, as far as I've seen.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Phantasmal Mage is awesome, Bard/Skald go well since it makes them into viable offensive casters.
I hope you are joking?!
You only have up to 6 lvl spells which means 3 less DC (4 if we count you cannot also get lvl 10 spells with Lich) and hard to metamagic many spells as a result...

Yes, 3 less DC than your retarded optimization algorithm in your head is more than made up for by Favorable Magic and the Azata spells that boost Enchantment. That’s the point. You get all the group boosting benefits of those classes without the usual downside of mediocre action econ.

Still makes no sense. Pure wizard Azata is still better if you want to do this. Or Sorcerer or Arcanist focusing into metamagic and DC

ArchAngel

Arcane
In lore term what are even supposed to be Arcanist, Witch, Shaman, Oracle, etc. Can't they just all be covered by different flavours of Priest, Wizard, Sorcerer ?
But then Paizo could not sell many additional books if these were only archetypes of standard classes.

Desiderius

Patron
Arcanist combines breadth of Wiz with flexibility of Sorc along with Exploits (best one Counterspell is missing - Owlcat half-assed Hunter and Arcanist).

Witch trades some of Wiz spellbook for better unlimited action econ when not casting. Oracle is Cleric with Sorc flexibility and Mysteries/Revelations instead of Domains.

Shaman is Druid version of Witch more or less as far as action econ.

Desiderius

Patron
I hope you are joking?!

Still makes no sense. Pure wizard Azata is still better if you want to do this. Or Sorcerer or Arcanist focusing into metamagic and DC
You can’t possibly be this retarded.

You play Bard/Skald to buff team. Azata lets you also beat saves.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1184370/announcements/detail/3647391328051429625

Update 2.1.0w

Hello, crusaders!

Update 2.1.0w is here! This hot-fix takes care of some bugs that could get in the way of your fun, like the save error in Alushinyrra, for example.

Beware of possible plot spoilers below!

Areas

• Failing the mobility check next to the cave near Gundrun could lead to the party not being able to get out of that ravine – fixed;
  • Fixed the issue in Gundrun, when the Legend's dialogue option in the conversation with the conflicting forces blocked the progress;
  • When entering the Forest of the Forgotten Spirits in The Last Sarkorians DLC, a dialogue with Sigvorn could start again – fixed.

Quests

• In some cases, the party was unable to continue the quest about guarding the caravan in Gundrun – fixed;
  • The Call of Kin quest from The Last Sarkorians DLC could move to the next stage without finishing the battle for the city – fixed;
  • The Restless Spirit quest could get stuck in the journal if Angel's mythic option was used – fixed.

Items

• Fixed the issue with touch spells cast via wands, which tried to spend 2 charges per use instead of 1;
  • Fixed the issue with touch spells cast via scrolls as well.

Classes & Mechanics

• A shifter in ankou form can cast spells now;
  • Fixed the incorrect progression of the bonuses from the Manticore Aspect;
  • Manticore's spikes are now considered thrown weapons;
  • The Arcane Undertow worked with AoE spells incorrectly – fixed; now only 1 dragon per spell will appear. This will prevent performance issues and freezes on some islands in The Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC.

UI

• Fixed the icons for the feats gained from the books;
  • Fixed the issue when the selection of a revelation happened before the selection of mystery when picking some classes and archetypes, which made it impossible to complete character creation.

System

• Visiting the Ten Thousand Delights brothel could cause an error when trying to save the game – fixed. The same issue also caused crashes all over Alushinyrra – fixed as well.

Misс

• Fixed the epilogue slides for Ulbrig if he was in love with the Aeon character.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I hope you are joking?!

That is not how people play these games, you are obviously special.

If one wants to use offensive spells vs enemy then you take classes and combinations that will give you most chance at that. Sure Bard/Skald can buff well but that is not what you claimed and it does not matter in this case.

It's true, e.g. Sorcerer/Arcanist/Wizard are basically just arcane casters with different sleeping regimens, and the rest could basically exist as a subclass. But at least you can go with the explanation that magic is unknowable by us in the real world and works in ways that make these classes distinct.

Where it gets stupid is with the non-magical classes. Basically everything that dozens of classes and subclasses do could be represented as alternative feat options for fighters. Ditto for Rogues and Rogue-like classes.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
System

• Visiting the Ten Thousand Delights brothel could cause an error when trying to save the game – fixed. The same issue also caused crashes all over Alushinyrra – fixed as well.
And that is why it's better to be a "patient gamer" and stick with the last stable version until 2.1.1 .

Desiderius

Patron
I hope you are joking?!

That is not how people play these games, you are obviously special.

If one wants to use offensive spells vs enemy then you take classes and combinations that will give you most chance at that. Sure Bard/Skald can buff well but that is not what you claimed and it does not matter in this case.
Why do you do this to yourself?

It’s exactly what I’ve said three times now. You’ve got six characters, not one. You design for six working in conjunction. Not everyone’s brain was fried from growing up on TES, Diablo, MMOs. People trying to shoehorn this game (a throwback to games like Gold Box and BG/Icewind) into that frame have done a lot of damage to people's ability to enjoy playing it as designed by experiencing the strategic depth, replayability, and opportunity for mastery the genre affords.

I chose Battle Scion Azata for my successful Unfair run to get the extra AC (and Pounce) from shared Guarded Stance and Animal Totem since the main extra challenge Unfair presents is regular mobs able to hit you. The question was whether to cast or fight w/ Skald.

Since the Skald was the only one who could cast while accepting Rage (and I brought attackers to benefit from the Rage) that made him the main control caster. Skald gets bonus Caster Feat at lvl one so you can’t say that it isn’t intended. Azata was what put it over the top in beating saves on Unfair thx to Ode to Miraculous Magic spell and Favorable Magic Superpower. With help from Rage bosses just got beaten to death by all the attackers so the only saves I needed to beat were for control spells on adds, which have lower saves than bosses.

If I could do that on Unfair surely it would work fine on Core.

ArchAngel

Arcane
You are seemingly unable to understand basics but if you have fun playing subpar characters more power to you

Desiderius

Patron
You are seemingly unable to understand basics but if you have fun playing subpar characters more power to you
The masochist can’t get enough. Were you the Skald sux guy? Even the powhurrdurrgamers who think Wrath is Dark Souls or some shit think Skald is S-tier or whatever (it’s *really* not a tier game; due to Paizo’s outstanding design the tools are there to own with *any* class).

You seriously can’t see why trading 3 DC (we can run the numbers) for shared rage powers (and base AoE AB bonus) is worth it? Against foes that don’t have high DC to begin with?

I probably shouldn’t bother with refuting this level of suck but WAY too many stuck in this frame of mind.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Before the usual clowns jump in to get things exactly backwards yes of course you can virtually solo the game with high level Azata Zippy Nuker or Weird Azata Phantasmal Mage or Best Jokes Azata Fae Sorc.

Doesn’t mean beating everything to a bloody pulp in one round is “subpar.”

skaraher

Prophet
Cleaned up Kenabres market on unfair, minus the post-tavern defense fight. Unfair isn't as RNG heavy as I feared (except for Shield Maze). Lot of positionning and ressource management, making good decision at the best time, managing the Hexes etc.

Also, while DISCUSS on metagaming is in essence retarded with a single playing game, it is worth of note that DC minmaxing autism is largely pointless, as a well built party with synergize class like Skald will be more than a enough to roll over the game.

Also I made myself a cute Demonslayer silent waifu cause the good-aligned waifus are just bad in this game. :mca:

Last edited:
Anyone who can cast spells has (or should have, if they have limited spell picks like sorcerer) more than enough of a repertoire available to have useful spells that target any DC along with spells that don't rely on DC. Not sure what the autism is over here. You may need to fall back on spells that don't target DCs for a few extra fights, but who cares?

ArchAngel

Arcane
The masochist can’t get enough. Were you the Skald sux guy? Even the powhurrdurrgamers who think Wrath is Dark Souls or some shit think Skald is S-tier or whatever (it’s *really* not a tier game; due to Paizo’s outstanding design the tools are there to own with *any* class).

You seriously can’t see why trading 3 DC (we can run the numbers) for shared rage powers (and base AoE AB bonus) is worth it? Against foes that don’t have high DC to begin with?

I probably shouldn’t bother with refuting this level of suck but WAY too many stuck in this frame of mind.
No, I said Skald is only better over Bard in melee heavy party which I then made for one of my DLC3 runs.

skaraher

Prophet
1678529001-screenshot-2023-03-11-03-09-50-39-b72a20be883aec8a014bd2b7c7038e87.jpg

That's Owlcat target audience.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
maxresdefault.jpg

How do you convince the core buying audience of heterosexual men to buy your Bear DLC? Make the class that comes with it extremely powerful. :P

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/owlcatgames/pathfinder-wrath-of-the-righteous/posts/3754609

Physical Rewards: New Status Update​

Greetings, Pathfinders!

We’re here with another update on your physical rewards.

First of all, we apologize for the long radio silence on this issue. But the good news is that all the physical rewards are already manufactured, and now all we have to do is arrange their distribution. We are planning to send out a new batch of packages from Armenia. Some administrative and logistic difficulties have slowed down the process, but we are trying to finalize all the necessary paperwork as soon as possible and resume the shipping process. We have also reviewed your comments about the way the items shipped from Kazakhstan were packaged, and the process will be significantly improved for the next shipping wave, to reduce the risk of damage to a minimum.

As always, we would like to remind you that if you moved recently, please tell us about it via team@owlcat.games, and we’ll update our database. Also, you can always contact us via this email if there is any problem with your received rewards, or if you have any suggestions or questions regarding them.

Despite all the challenges and events we have faced over the past couple of years, we are dedicated to fulfilling all our promises and delivering your rewards. We are very grateful for your support of our project and apologize for the inconvenience caused by this long delay. We will continue to share status updates on the shipping situation, and we are always open to feedback.

Love, Owlcats

Desiderius

Patron

No, I said Skald is only better over Bard in melee heavy party which I then made for one of my DLC3 runs.
Yes, and if you have a melee-heavy party why would you tickle mobs with your (relatively) subpar Skald fighting ability instead of taking advantage of his ability to cast while benefiting from Rage?

I did this with Linzi in P:K but it did in fact take a lot of work for her to beat Unfair DCs. Was already easier for Skald MC in Wrath and Azata makes it good.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Yes, and if you have a melee-heavy party why would you tickle mobs with your (relatively) subpar Skald fighting ability instead of taking advantage of his ability to cast while benefiting from Rage?

I did this with Linzi in P:K but it did in fact take a lot of work for her to beat Unfair DCs. Was already easier for Skald MC in Wrath and Azata makes it good.
My Skald did good damage with Vital Strike and Mythic Vital strike while using reach weapon while providing Pounce to all the melee in the party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom