Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Lodis

Educated
Recent AMA from Owlcat Discord. To save you time here's a quick rundown

-Anevia and Irabeth are their favorite characters
-They didn't add weretouched archetype for Shifter because it would be too much work
-New DLC companion was based off a bunch of different characters namely Joel, Kratos, Batman and some character from a manga called "My Brother's Husband"
-They think Nenio is the funniest character they've created and are baffled as to why some people despise her
-No plans for any new mythic path content and no plans to add anything for the barebones late game paths like Devil

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

:what:

-New DLC companion was based off a bunch of different characters namely Joel, Kratos, Batman and some character from a manga called "My Brother's Husband"

owl.png

-They think Nenio is the funniest character they've created and are baffled as to why some people despise her

Yeah I could see this. I think Nenio's pretty funny, but some people hate the shit out of her. YMMV.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They think Nenio is the funniest character they've created and are baffled as to why some people despise her
Wherein Owlcat writers reveal they're on the spectrum. I like Nenio, but that one channer was on the money when he described Lilura as "a shittier Nenio." Spergs can be really annoying, especially when they're companions who don't revere or ego-stroke the player character, breaking one of Avellone's big guidelines regarding companion design. A lot of people aren't going to want to humor or be submissive to an egocentric character who acts recklessly stupid in spite of retaining a great deal of knowledge.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
What are the new items they added to the skele merchant in chapt. V, anyone knows?

ArchAngel

Arcane

:what:

owl.png

Yeah I could see this. I think Nenio's pretty funny, but some people hate the shit out of her. YMMV.
Ok , I am glad now that I didn't buy new DLC yet. I am pirating it now after I see they are using LGBT shit as inspiration.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I love Nenio. I think she is amazing!

However, I understand that Westerners see the world very differently. "I can fix her" bullshit, hate on Camellia, all the redemption nonsense and so on. As the result, I am not surprised that Nenio - who is one of the best characters - is hard for them.

UMD III for Greater Mythic Tricks appears to be bugged. I don't know if it's because I'm using TTT, but my arcane trickster only gets cantrips from their second wizard spell book. All other levels are grayed out. :argh: There goes having 2 full wizard spellbooks. I'm going to respec as a Sage Sorcerer and see if the result changes. It's a fully separate book, so you have to scribe spells into that book also. Ugh. Also, Dispelling Attack via touch spells nor Surprise Spells (acquired via Loremaster) doesn't appear to work either. This build concept is rapidly going down the toilet. Completely Normal Spell is amazing, and many of the mythic tricks are cheat mode, but that's not what I wanted. I keep trying to make caster Trickster happen, but I don't think it will.

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
I keep trying to make caster Trickster happen, but I don't think it will.
just one shot everything with x4 crit hellfire rays. plus be immune to everything with athletics. infinite wands is more than just a perk since it gives you infinite haste and heals. it also works with the DLC metamagic wand for extra convenience. CNS letting you rationalize your spellbook is the real deal. you really don't need much more than that for the character to work. the only thing is that since trickster is already a late bloomer (and going rays means its even more of a late bloomer since rays are a 20/x2 weapon) i refused to level up to 11 before areelu's lab / MR4. that helped a lot.

i wish trickster had some way to support DC casting because then i'd have gone full enchant trickster. unfortunately it's pigeonholed on damage and rays, but its still thematic because the luck themes.

Last edited:
Delterius I am in general agreement, I am just disappointed that some clever ideas I had don't work. I have mostly been playing Midnight Isles, and it has exactly zero wands. That was making me a bit sour. Same for the late blooming and DLC forcing expedition restarts. I do love the metamagic manipulation though. I found myself spending most of my Mythic Abilities on Favorite metamagic.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3647391328058168392
Update 2.1.0x

Hello, Pathfinders!

We’ve prepared an update 2.1.0x, that fixes a number of issues with the dialogues in
The Last Sarkorians DLC
, which we didn’t detect before uploading the previous fix. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience these issues caused for you.

• Under specific circumstances, if it was impossible to start the battle for Gundrun during the
    Call of Kin
    quest – fixed. Those who have encountered this issue already,
    need to speak with Sigvorn and Ysenna in the chieftain's house
    to start the battle for Gundrun;
  • A dialogue with Kerenai during the
    Call of Stone
    quest could end abruptly – fixed. Those players, who have encountered this issue already, won't face any difficulties with other quests from The Last Sarkorians DLC;
  • The bear spirit didn't give the quest to destroy the altars of the other spirits (
    Forsaken Altars: The Bear
    ) – fixed;
  • It was impossible to attack the spirits of deer and smilodon – fixed. They will become hostile now if you attack them.

Technomancer

Liturgist
-No plans for any new mythic path content and no plans to add anything for the barebones late game paths like Devil
Fucking cunts. First they hype the shit out of it with 2.0 update. Then don't deliver shit. Then say maybe later. And then it's gone for good.

Lodis

Educated
We could have gotten the hot Sarkonian mommy, but no we had to get some gay viking instead. I honestly have no clue what Owlcat is smoking.

ffnLWsB.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I replaced Arue with Wendu when I went to Savamelekh's mansion and thought "I'll just come back to open these locked chests later," but once you leave the map the entrance disappears for bullshit reasons. :rage:

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
I replaced Arue with Wendu when I went to Savamelekh's mansion and thought "I'll just come back to open these locked chests later," but once you leave the map the entrance disappears for bullshit reasons. :rage:

You can go back, just go to the nexus camp, talk with Wendu and then go back there with Aru.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You can go back, just go to the nexus camp, talk with Wendu and then go back there with Aru.
Wendu's dead. I gave her a chance and she spit in my face. I didn't see an option to go back with Lann.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
They think Nenio is the funniest character they've created and are baffled as to why some people despise her
Wherein Owlcat writers reveal they're on the spectrum. I like Nenio, but that one channer was on the money when he described Lilura as "a shittier Nenio." Spergs can be really annoying, especially when they're companions who don't revere or ego-stroke the player character, breaking one of Avellone's big guidelines regarding companion design. A lot of people aren't going to want to humor or be submissive to an egocentric character who acts recklessly stupid in spite of retaining a great deal of knowledge.
But I DID have breakfast yesterday!

Desiderius

Patron
Fdo you need to pay the feat tax to brew potion with non alchemist characters ?
Only worth it for Alchs (who can use Pots with their Infusion ability, while also extending/enhancing them up to their caster level) so no big loss.

Aru comes with it (and there are a couple decent Ranger pots).

ArchAngel

Arcane
Fdo you need to pay the feat tax to brew potion with non alchemist characters ?
Only worth it for Alchs (who can use Pots with their Infusion ability, while also extending/enhancing them up to their caster level) so no big loss.

Aru comes with it (and there are a couple decent Ranger pots).
You can also give the feat to one of your casters you never use and only craft them when in town.
I never used Sosiel and Daeran together so one could always get potion duty

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Yeah, Sosiel is my restoration pot maker, although his starting skills not being in knowledge (world) takes some fixing.

Desiderius

Patron
Yeah, Sosiel is my restoration pot maker, although his starting skills not being in knowledge (world) takes some fixing.
He makes a better Scriber since that uses Religion and Scribing lets you get the good Cleric self-buffs. If you're actually going to use Brewing at home (often intended rarely followed through on) it's worth it to take the time to see what can actually be brewed.

skaraher

Prophet
1678798583-angeloraclememe.jpg

Currently going through Unfair with this guy, just did the 3 Plagued Smilodons on 2nd try. Some fights are brutal, other play more or less the same in Core but with harder RNG. Going with the Meme party build of Court Poet + Brownfur, but also with a Demonslayer for damage dealing. Will probably add a mounted armored paladin and a cleric to the mix if Hexes stop being relevant after Act 2. Thinking also of recruiting a Wolf-riding Wildland Shaman for the memes, but don't know if it is worth it to loose Cleric domains for this.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom