Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Yeah, the plagued smilodons served me a large helping of humble pie. I treated it like other encounters where I use only a spell or two. Pride cometh before the fall. The bandit camp at Nightingale Grove caught me off guard too. I've found that I need to scout much more in Wrath so that I can appropriately gauge encounters. It's not always clear, and they often don't show their full hand at the onset.

PapaPetro

1678798583-angeloraclememe.jpg

Currently going through Unfair with this guy, just did the 3 Plagued Smilodons on 2nd try. Some fights are brutal, other play more or less the same in Core but with harder RNG. Going with the Meme party build of Court Poet + Brownfur, but also with a Demonslayer for damage dealing. Will probably add a mounted armored paladin and a cleric to the mix if Hexes stop being relevant after Act 2. Thinking also of recruiting a Wolf-riding Wildland Shaman for the memes, but don't know if it is worth it to loose Cleric domains for this.

9BMeIv6.png

skaraher your PC, woof!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I love Nenio. I think she is amazing!

However, I understand that Westerners see the world very differently. "I can fix her" bullshit, hate on Camellia, all the redemption nonsense and so on. As the result, I am not surprised that Nenio - who is one of the best characters - is hard for them.
Redemption* is the definition of comedy. Not getting Nenio is a humorlessness** problem, not a Western one, though given our current leadership (sic)/Reddit presence I can see where one could get that idea.

*https://www.gutenberg.org/files/8800/8800-h/8800-h.htm

** - her boss dialogue ultimately sends up the genre in a less obtrusive way than Dungeons of Nahollaback

Incendax

Augur
Scaled Fist still stacks with Oracke AC secrets? At this point I doubt they are ever going to fix that shit.
I love the game, but Owlcat seem downright proud of their jank like stacking Bites and stacking DR/-.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Scaled Fist still stacks with Oracke AC secrets? At this point I doubt they are ever going to fix that shit.
Why shouldn't it?

Meaning: please, provide the quote from a reputable source that confirms the behaviour you expect (Oracle secret and Scaled Fist bonuses to AC do not stack). Do as a proper bug reporter should.

Unfortunately, without moderator privileges I cannot add "or shut up", but you get the vibe.

Desiderius

Patron
Underleveling your Monk for AC you don’t need (and a dead BAB level) is janky alright but not the way you think.

Crichton

Prophet
Why shouldn't it?

Meaning: please, provide the quote from a reputable source that confirms the behaviour you expect (Oracle secret and Scaled Fist bonuses to AC do not stack). Do as a proper bug reporter should.

Unfortunately, without moderator privileges I cannot add "or shut up", but you get the vibe.
Multiple untyped bonuses don't stack:

https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2u4z6?Charisma-to-AC-Double-Dip

However it's only obvious if you read the errata so I wouldn't beat the devs up over that. Pathfinder stacking is 100% nonsense anyway; could anyone, even semi-literate game developers, take a system where sacred and profane bonuses stack, and make it worse?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Why shouldn't it?

However it's only obvious if you read the errata so I wouldn't beat the devs up over that. Pathfinder stacking is 100% nonsense anyway; could anyone, even semi-literate game developers, take a system where sacred and profane bonuses stack, and make it worse?
That's a good argument. I did not know that.

However, it seems in both Pathfinder games untyped bonuses can be added to everything, including each other.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Also, why shouldn't sacred and profane bonuses stack?

One can argue that a party cannot have both, but IMHO it should be resolved through the story, not through the mechanics.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
In-campaign Midnight Isles appears to have been broken with the recent patch... you no longer get loot from the final boss when doing the DLC in Act3.

Desiderius

Patron
I noticed that recently. I think there’s different final bosses you fight depending on dialogue. The one I fought didn’t drop anything either.

Mauman

Scholar
Why shouldn't it?

I admit this confuses me. Those replies talk about "multiple untyped bonuses", but the oracle bonus IS a typed bonus. It's your dex bonus, just calculated with your charisma. It's treated as your dex bonus for purposes of max dex bonus with armor, etc...

Unless someone is trying to tell me that a monk's AC bonus doesn't stack with dex bonus (which is of course utter stupidity), then there's no reason those two AC bonuses shouldn't stack.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
In-campaign Midnight Isles appears to have been broken with the recent patch... you no longer get loot from the final boss when doing the DLC in Act3.
It will be fixed in the next patch
How come you guys never made a proper difficulty for army battles? What we have now is way too easy and simple.

I think they were more difficult at early alpha stages. Gargoyles were multi attacking high damage creatures with low HP back then, not the HP sponges they become now.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Do you know if crusade morale once again dropping into the negatives in chapter 3 once you run out of enemiesto kill and forts to take will be addressed too? It's easy enough to edit the json to temporarily fix it, but I thought I remembered you all fixing this a year or so ago.

skaraher

Prophet
Currently hitting a hard wall at gargoyle fight. It was the hardest fight in Core and still is on Unfair. Trying some new strategies before eating the pre-mission reload and stocking up scrolls or doing the Leper smile first.

I think greater invisibility is the way to go to beat Gargoyle AC but none of my caster has is yet, barring Nenio, and I explicitly want to do a run without relying on her. Smite Good is doing a number on my tank.

Maybe I will try to spam animate dead and hope for good RNG.

Level 7, want to do the story mission in a coherent order.

Desiderius

Patron
How come you guys never made a proper difficulty for army battles? What we have now is way too easy and simple.

I think they were more difficult at early alpha stages. Gargoyles were multi attacking high damage creatures with low HP back then, not the HP sponges they become now.
The suits always wuss out. Same thing with Deadfire. Once they fixed the faceroll sales recovered.

Zoomers are whiny children but they enjoy getting together to figure out hard shit. Look at escape rooms. Gotta give ‘em a chance to do their thing.

Desiderius

Patron
Currently hitting a hard wall at gargoyle fight. It was the hardest fight in Core and still is on Unfair. Trying some new strategies before eating the pre-mission reload and stocking up scrolls or doing the Leper smile first.

I think greater invisibility is the way to go to beat Gargoyle AC but none of my caster has is yet, barring Nenio, and I explicitly want to do a run without relying on her. Smite Good is doing a number on my tank.

Maybe I will try to spam animate dead and hope for good RNG.

Level 7, want to do the story mission in a coherent order.
Not really a tankable fight. Game is designed to use more than five companions. That’s why unlike BG they get EXP on the bench.

AoE control that targets weak save is a skill you’re going to need and that fight is a gateway to make sure you have it (along with using party comp to your advantage).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The suits always wuss out. Same thing with Deadfire. Once they fixed the faceroll sales recovered.

Zoomers are whiny children but they enjoy getting together to figure out hard shit. Look at escape rooms. Gotta give ‘em a chance to do their thing.

Crusade mode difficulty only affects resources, recruits, and keeping the game from ending if your morale gets too low. There's no way to tune the difficulty of the actual fights which would be an impenetrable barrier for a lot of people if they had kept it as is. Lot of complaints here about the difficulty as it is now, people didn't want to get filtered by an obnoxious tacked-on minigame https://www.reddit.com/r/Pathfinder...why_on_earth_are_there_no_crusade_difficulty/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom