Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Enhanced Edition - now with A Dance of Masks epilogue DLC

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Isn't the problem with class DLC that they are forced to make them OP to make buying the DLC worth it ? Same thing with Kineticist in Kangmaker
This isn't OP. It just provides some nice strategic variety/replayability.
Yeah. Its not like the base game was lacking OP options.
You had to multiclass a bit and make combinations. This is OP straight out of the box.
Also shapeshifting has some mythic powers that give it a good bonus that are not available to standard weapon based melee characters

You don't need to multiclass to be OP with some classes, like Sanctified Slayers, Sword Saints, Sylvan Sorcerers and such.
I was talking about warrior builds, Sylvan Sorcerer is not such. Sanctified is good but not OP. I never tried Sword Saint, do they get full BAB?
And he focuses into single weapon so he works best with metagamers that know what weapons to choose and where to pick them up which means not OP out of the box.
Sword Saint doesn't get Full BAB. Though qualifies for feats with BAB requirements with full levels.
With Magus Arcanas he can be way more accurate then Full BAB classes on demand.
Yeah, knowing which weapons to pick won't hurt. But its not like he'd suck with typical picks associated with maguses, like scimitars, so I'd not lower its rank basing on that.

I would disagree about Sanctified Slayer inquisitor not being OP

Its a small multiclass, but 90% of the build's class power comes from Sanctified Slayer (16 levels).

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Desiderius

Patron
Also shapeshifting has some mythic powers that give it a good bonus that are not available to standard weapon based melee characters
About time they made it at least competitive.
It was more than competitive with my Elemental Rampager or Brown Fur Transmuter fighting as a Dragon. Both turned Islands DLC into their bitch.
And this Shifter seems even more powerful.
Those are fine but not doing anything gamebreaking. Rampager gets some Rage and minor Elemental bonuses (that can be pretty good late) but still 3/4 with no other special abilities and Natual Attax were wonky with Edge, don't get weapon/armor/shield procs/bonuses etc. Transmuter is fine but even less inherent advantage.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Are falcata and fauchard still OP or have the meta on weapons changed ?

Current meta is that great axe is the best cause Grave Singer is OP and the Lion's Claw of this game. This game has no good Falcatas so people don't use them, it has some decent Fauchards so they are viable and still amazing. But probably not top tier.

The reason you take Fauchard is because its reach + 18-20/x2 crits, something no other weapon type has (and the larger your reach the more often you're abusing critical hit chains from allies triggering feats like outflank). You could carry an unenchanted one around all game and it'd still have those perks over other weapon types. Basically you can think of the exotic feat tax as an additional improved critical feat.

Desiderius

Patron
I used Serpent Prince with Tristian to do that with good effect in P:K, but there are all kinds of other things you can do in Wrath. Last playthrough things were dying too fast to even get to crit chains.

Long Bow reach > Fauchard reach. Crits are nice with Bless Weapon/Destructive Aura shenanigans or to make nice pictures but you can also do enough damage with regular hits if your AB is high enough.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Fauchards are good for reach and critical rate. But pretty mediocre itemization.

Falcatas have even poorer itemization I think.
If you want to have a super-falcata, go for Warhammers instead (Battle-Forged has the crit properties of a falcata with base damage of a greataxe... while remaining one-handed).

Or well, just use Grave Singer axe in one of its forms (greataxe/battle-axe/handaxe) -like everybody else.

Desiderius

Patron

Current meta is that great axe is the best cause Grave Singer is OP and the Lion's Claw of this game. This game has no good Falcatas so people don't use them, it has some decent Fauchards so they are viable and still amazing. But probably not top tier.
There is no meta lol. Game is massively non-linear. You don’t have to pretend every game is MMO/Diablo clone with shitty itemization.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Long Bow reach > Fauchard reach. Crits are nice with Bless Weapon/Destructive Aura shenanigans or to make nice pictures but you can also do enough damage with regular hits if your AB is high enough.
Well, maybe not quite longbow reach. But some fauchard builds boast throwing axe / javelin reach...

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
The soundtrack is very good. I think Kingmaker was Inon Zur for all track, and he delivered pretty much the same generic polished soundtrack he always does. The one for this game has some really good tracks.
Yeah, for all its faults when it comes to music WOTR is probably one of the best titles ever.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
The soundtrack is very good. I think Kingmaker was Inon Zur for all track, and he delivered pretty much the same generic polished soundtrack he always does. The one for this game has some really good tracks.

It was Iron Zur but not only him.

skaraher

Prophet

It was Iron Zur but not only him.

Great track for a great boss battle. Lantern King sure was more fun than Areelu/Deskari

Desiderius

Patron
I think I'll be running Beast Tamer Bard Azata (Gold Dragon) MC with Cam, Ulbrig, Sosiel with Animal Domain, Ember, and Aru. Summoning all the animools. Battle Meditation, Enforced Vigor, and Life-Bonding Friendship to help them get in there.

Take me to the Zoo.

TTT isn't loading yet even though Vek says he's updated it. I'll get started when everything is running smoothly.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Just don't have it in me as it just bothers me morally for some reason

It's a path usually structured terribly with no inspiration with very little variation and makes me feel like the game's either a) punishing me or b) trying to shame me for taking the evil path. Also, I'll echo a constant complaint, there's not a lot of subtlety in most evil playthroughs because it's murderhobo evil; not like my ex girlfriend, a selfish and calculating evil. I'm no storyfag it's just that the evil playthrough can usually close the doors on most of the neater stuff the devs put in there (see item a).
I think it says more about you than about the game story.

I love to use the option "I don't like you. Die." Liberating Arueshalae from centuries of gaslighting in captivity is golden. Killing Ember on a hunch from Wenduag feels nice, too - although I know about a more involved option. There are a couple of phrases to Seelah and the alphabet spouses that make them think twice, too.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I guess in some way it is like Kineticist?

IIRC I remember both Shifter and Kineticist are considered lower tier class in PF1e board. translating them both into combat focused games seems to kick up their power a lot

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Whats swedish sperg has to do with this?
Check the TFR of Abrahamland. Father Abraham has many sons, your Gretas are barren and want you to be too.

When it comes to your 14 words No Gods no Masters Soyerstan is struck dumb.

I have no fucking clue what you are talking about.First whataboutism about greta thunberg now about amerimutia TFRs.

Desiderius

Patron
I have no fucking clue what you are talking about.First whataboutism about greta thunberg now about amerimutia TFRs.
(your TFRs are worse)

More babies for Early Life crew, less for you. Self pwn.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom